Author Topic: Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk  (Read 12567 times)

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk
« on: May 18, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »
So apparently, ZetaBoards is planning to move over to the Tapatalk platform. I'm not sure when these changes are going to be rolled out but all I know is I can't do anything to stop this. I know of another forum who moved to the Tapatalk platform (Invision moved over to Tapatalk earlier) and all I know is the topic and the posts will remain and shouldn't be removed. However, the overall look of the forum will change (in my opinion, for the worst, it's all white and bland but that's besides the point).

I'm currently monitoring the situation with ZetaBoards and Tapatalk and if anything comes up regarding it, I'll post about it here. (Although in the case I missed something, feel free to post it)

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 06:49:25 PM »
In Korea, Tapatalk is not known well. I hope there should be any alternative choices for Asians :(
Favorite Bootleg Games
* Vast Fame RPGS(Shi Kong Xing Shou, Shui Hu Shen Shou, Xin Feng Shen Bang)
(Unofficial Walkthroughs are on hold)

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »
Trust me, not a lot of people seem to be a fan of Tapatalk...

As of now, it's still up in the air about what to do with this forum, I don't really have a solution just yet. I'm still not sure when the update will happen, Brandon from Zetaboards has been quiet after posting that announcement.

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 10:40:15 PM »
KingPepe // Got it, I have to wait, then.
Favorite Bootleg Games

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 10:42:46 AM »
Mr. Vr // Same here, I heard about Tapatalk first time today(GMT+9) and I searched for it to reply this thread.
Favorite Bootleg Games

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2018, 03:54:47 AM »
KingPepe
May 18 2018, 10:26:32 PM
Brandon from Zetaboards has been quiet after posting that announcement.[/quote]And the silence is most likely to continue, but the uproar had already happened.

Before KingPepe made this announcement, I told him about it first and like him, I'm unsure of what to do with my forum although my initial decision was to just let it go, until many of my members protested. Also to note, Brandon forgot to include the customisable Javascript and CSS that ZetaBoards had and with the most popular codes within the ZB community be included. This only added more fuel to the fire.

Now, even though you may decide to forfeit and lose all eight years of history of this place, remember you still have BGW on your side, and the dedicated Discord server too.

Let's keep strong though.
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 11:56:39 AM »
If I eventually decide to move from this forum, my biggest concern is how to exactly preserve this old one. Tapatalk has an inactivity policy where if there has been no posts in 90 days, the forum can get purged which is a massive problem. I've also heard Tapatalk staff has also deleted posts that they don't agree with or believe violate their Code of Conduct which is another issue. And the cherry on the cake... I can't download a backup database of this forum at the moment despite it being requested for years.

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2018, 12:48:15 PM »
wait, does this mean that this forum is going to be closed FOREVER?  :huh:

i can only hope, that this Forum will still stay  :(

i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 12:53:41 PM »
Definitely not, I have no plans on closing this forum. My options are either to stick to this new platform (which has a bunch of its own issues) or I move the forum to another platform.

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 12:58:16 PM »
kelvin donna
May 20 2018, 12:48:15 PM
wait, does this mean that this forum is going to be closed FOREVER?  :huh:[/quote]No. It's just that this one will be converted over to TT although right now, certain forums are getting previews done and hopefully there'll be one of this place quite soon.

KingPepe
May 20 2018, 11:56:39 AM
Tapatalk has an inactivity policy where if there has been no posts in 90 days, the forum can get purged which is a massive problem.[/quote]Now we have another reason to hate on them, nevermind all the other bullshit they came up with :facepalm: And as I told you in the PM, you are unable to download the forum's database because Brandon never believed in a thing like that. That means you're going to have to start from the ground up again and I know that will hurt a lot, but I'm sure you and others can rise again no problem. However, you can use a thing called HTTrack which is just as effective.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:58:39 PM by Brn89 »
>>mindsConnected<<

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 03:39:30 AM »
Well now... a Tapatalk preview of this forum had surfaced and, it looks horrible. I mean, what the hell happened to that lovely banner? :'(
>>mindsConnected<<

Sink Penol

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 04:07:45 AM »
Brn // Only just a half  :angry2:
Well, it seems that Tapatalk supports only 1-image banner. PGC Forum banner is in 2 pieces of images, as everybody know.
Favorite Bootleg Games

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 04:44:32 PM »
Sink Penol
May 23 2018, 04:07:45 AM
PGC Forum banner is in 2 pieces of images, as everybody know.[/quote]I've been here for seven long years and I've only realised that today >_<
>>mindsConnected<<

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 12:59:55 PM »
Good lord, for how awfully bland it looks, Tapatalk actually takes up more bandwidth than Zetaboards in its' current state.

where the fuck are we going again

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2018, 06:30:04 AM »
Crash Nicker
May 31 2018, 12:59:55 PM
Tapatalk actually takes up more bandwidth than Zetaboards in its' current state.[/quote]Does it really? I'm surprised, considering that everything about TT is more minimal than Zetaboards (and in a bad way. There are actually forum softwares with some minimalism that are quite good, such as Vanilla Forums). It seems that these fucks are putting hardly any effort in them :facepalm:

It's only going to get worse and, I wonder if KingPepe's made any progress of moving this place elsewhere. Better be quick though, as it's rumoured that the conversions will happen throughout the summer, according to a few that were talking about it in the official ZB support forum.
>>mindsConnected<<