News > Announcements & News

Zetaboards moving to Tapatalk

<< < (2/5) > >>

Brn89:
KingPepeMay 18 2018, 10:26:32 PMBrandon from Zetaboards has been quiet after posting that announcement.[/quote]And the silence is most likely to continue, but the uproar had already happened.

Before KingPepe made this announcement, I told him about it first and like him, I'm unsure of what to do with my forum although my initial decision was to just let it go, until many of my members protested. Also to note, Brandon forgot to include the customisable Javascript and CSS that ZetaBoards had and with the most popular codes within the ZB community be included. This only added more fuel to the fire.

Now, even though you may decide to forfeit and lose all eight years of history of this place, remember you still have BGW on your side, and the dedicated Discord server too.

Let's keep strong though.

KingPepe:
If I eventually decide to move from this forum, my biggest concern is how to exactly preserve this old one. Tapatalk has an inactivity policy where if there has been no posts in 90 days, the forum can get purged which is a massive problem. I've also heard Tapatalk staff has also deleted posts that they don't agree with or believe violate their Code of Conduct which is another issue. And the cherry on the cake... I can't download a backup database of this forum at the moment despite it being requested for years.

kelvin donna:
wait, does this mean that this forum is going to be closed FOREVER?  :huh:

i can only hope, that this Forum will still stay  :(

KingPepe:
Definitely not, I have no plans on closing this forum. My options are either to stick to this new platform (which has a bunch of its own issues) or I move the forum to another platform.

Brn89:
kelvin donnaMay 20 2018, 12:48:15 PMwait, does this mean that this forum is going to be closed FOREVER?  :huh:[/quote]No. It's just that this one will be converted over to TT although right now, certain forums are getting previews done and hopefully there'll be one of this place quite soon.

KingPepeMay 20 2018, 11:56:39 AMTapatalk has an inactivity policy where if there has been no posts in 90 days, the forum can get purged which is a massive problem.[/quote]Now we have another reason to hate on them, nevermind all the other bullshit they came up with :facepalm: And as I told you in the PM, you are unable to download the forum's database because Brandon never believed in a thing like that. That means you're going to have to start from the ground up again and I know that will hurt a lot, but I'm sure you and others can rise again no problem. However, you can use a thing called HTTrack which is just as effective.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version