Author Topic: More JungleTac GBA ports?  (Read 9890 times)

inability

• View Profile
More JungleTac GBA ports?
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2017, 11:06:13 PM »
kelvin donna
Dec 24 2017, 05:57:23 AM
can you maybe fix these 4 games, so that they work on my EZ flash iv microsd card edition please  :unsure:
[/quote]Unfortunately, since I don't actually have a proper GBA, I won't be able to test any fixes. Besides, the only possible fix I can think of is the one I mentioned earlier in the thread -- open the ROM file in a hex editor and change the 4th byte in the file from 15 to EA. Anything else is outside my realm of expertise.

In other news, I have worked out how to extract the files from a firmware image for one of these PSP-ripoff products. If anyone has any firmware images that contain the still-undumped GBA games, post them here and I'll try to extract the .GBA files from the image.

I've also found out that all of these PSP ripoffs are based on the Actions ATJ2259 SoC, for which there's significantly more info online than I could find previously. Hopefully this means that there's some information on how to enter the "ADFU" mode that lets a user copy the firmware from the device (which could prove useful if any of the devices with the undumped games show up somewhere).

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2017, 11:23:28 PM »
How do you extract it from a firmware image though?

inability

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2017, 11:45:21 PM »
Y2K05
Dec 24 2017, 11:23:28 PM
How do you extract it from a firmware image though? [/quote]If you're talking about extracting the files from a firmware image, this requires a copy of the Actions Media Player Update Tool (I used this one though I think there are newer versions out there) and OllyDBG. Basically you have to launch the update tool and load the firmware into the tool, then attach OllyDBG to the updater tool's process.
Then open the Memory Map (Alt+M) and sort the sections by their size in descending order.
Then right click>Search, and search for the hex sequence 53 51 4c 69 74 65 20 66 6f 72 6d 61 74 20 33 00 (that's the SQLite magic header).
Ollydbg should find a match pretty quickly and open a new window displaying the match, so right click that window>Edit>Select all and then right click>Backup>Save to file (or something like that). Then open the saved backup in a hex editor and trim off a few bytes from the beginning so that it begins with the SQLite header (i.e. the first few bytes should be 53 51 4c 69... etc). After that you should have an SQLite database that can be opened up in any viewer.
The files themselves are stored as binary blobs in a table called FileTable, and the interesting file is HideDisk.img which should have a copy of all the games in the firmware. (update: maybe not, I've come across some firmware images that have references to .gba files in them but nothing in HideDisk.img)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 04:31:09 AM by inability »

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2017, 09:04:04 PM »
My PAP Gameta II Plus arrived today. I checked the GBA folder, and it has 27 of Jungletac's games on it. Here are the included titles:

Box Puzzle
Bubble Blaster
Bump Bomb
Busy Bong
Dragon
Fire Fighter
Hanoic Tower
Hero Legend
Hide and Seek
Hot Drop
Jewel Fever 2
Jewel Master
Lightning Plan
Manic Troll
Mr Onion
On N0 Off
output
Pinball Fish
Plumber
Pool Pro
Pop Ball
Quick Move
Rapid Stream
Rolling Cube
Super Move Quest
Tiger Resecu
Win Or Lose
Zippy Froger

It doesn't have Auto X, Go Smile, Squirrel Bobble, and Seek the Resources from zzcolby27's collection, so I added those to my pack. This increases our total to 31 games.

Now, i'm looking at miran's checklist for comparison. Sudoku.gba is Dr. Sudoku for GBA, and Soccer2002 seems to be Formation Soccer 2002 for GBA. I doubt Final Round Tennis is a Jungletac game either, since a licensed GBA game is called Final Round Golf. Happy Checkers is on my PAP Gameta II, and it's just a homebrew title by "Squally".

The only thing we're missing now is Toy Kingdom. Sadly, the game used to be available from this link but is no longer available. I'll keep looking: http://www.373q.com/files/289343.html

In the meantime, enjoy 31 Jungletac GBA titles as I search down the last, elusive one: https://archive.org/details/JungletacGames-12302017

Here are two thumbnails that I found of Toy Kingdom from a RAR:

https://i.imgur.com/XoeXNcn.png - Title screen
https://i.imgur.com/SvMQ00R.png - Gameplay

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2018, 02:10:04 PM »
Happy New Year!

We're off to a good start in the year; I found Toy Kingdom and Final Round Tennis (which I was wrong about and is one of the games!) You can re-download the same zip file from archive.org or download the two games from this link: https://files.catbox.moe/9o6sb9.zip

I found these games in a Ritmix RZX50 emulator pack from Yandex Disk.

Now we have all 33 Jungletac GBA titles!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 02:10:49 PM by Y2K05 »

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2018, 02:44:58 PM »
Y2K05
Jan 1 2018, 02:10:04 PM
Happy New Year!

We're off to a good start in the year; I found Toy Kingdom and Final Round Tennis (which I was wrong about and is one of the games!) You can re-download the same zip file from archive.org or download the two games from this link: https://files.catbox.moe/9o6sb9.zip

I found these games in a Ritmix RZX50 emulator pack from Yandex Disk.

Now we have all 33 Jungletac GBA titles![/quote]No, we dont have all  Jungletac games, there is just ONE last game missing, and it is calles "Soccer 2002".
Not to mention, it is included on the Retro Mini GBA System:Retro Mini GBA System, i dont know, if it's included on the u disk or on the tfcard
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 10:45:14 PM »
OK I used some of my money to get a Retro Mini GBA System, mainly for Soccer2002.gba. Hopefully things go as planned and then I can share soccer2002.gba on here, the one and last game! Expecting its arrival on January 5th.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:52:57 PM by Y2K05 »

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2018, 06:10:15 AM »
Y2K05
Jan 2 2018, 10:45:14 PM
OK I used some of my money to get a Retro Mini GBA System, mainly for Soccer2002.gba. Hopefully things go as planned and then I can share soccer2002.gba on here, the one and last game! Expecting its arrival on January 5th.[/quote]Great  ;)

But honestly, if you already have this thing, then after you shared soccer2002, you can play these games yourself

inability

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 05:51:13 AM »
Y2K05
Jan 1 2018, 02:10:04 PM
I found these games in a Ritmix RZX50 emulator pack from Yandex Disk.[/quote]Wow, these ports really do seem to have spread everywhere. Good work!

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2018, 01:39:35 PM »
dear Y2K05, i am waiting for the soccer2002.gba rom, it is on the SD card known as 507.Soccer2002.gba, will you find it?  :|

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2018, 03:52:31 PM »
Ok my unit arrived just now. And i got some bad news (for you): soccer2002.gba is actually Total Soccer game by Ubisoft. I thought it was not a Jungletac game.

Here's the download link in any case: https://files.catbox.moe/hgh80h.zip

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2018, 05:15:05 PM »
Y2K05
Jan 6 2018, 03:52:31 PM
Ok my unit arrived just now. And i got some bad news (for you): soccer2002.gba is actually Total Soccer game by Ubisoft. I thought it was not a Jungletac game.

Here's the download link in any case: https://files.catbox.moe/hgh80h.zip[/quote]THANK YOU  :clap:  :D  :wub:
Y2K05
Jan 6 2018, 03:52:31 PM
And i got some bad news (for you): soccer2002.gba is actually Total Soccer game by Ubisoft. I thought it was not a Jungletac game.
[/quote]Haha, Jungletac just took Ubisofts Total Soccer and just renamed it as Soccer 2002  :P  

But Honestly, i like Ubisoft, they make good games like:

Colin Mcrae Rally 2.0 (GBA)
Largo Winch: Empire Under Threat (PC, PS2, XBOX, DC, GC)

and No, i did not mentioned the Charlies Angels Game on the Gamecube

I forgot to mention, we are missing also Happy Checkers, maybe it is also on this thing  :|

i like it, that i can choose which language it can be

and at last, it is good, that i can play in this game as Croatia, Germany, England, Sweden  ;)
but GREECE IS MISSING :angry2:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 05:47:51 PM by kelvin donna »

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2018, 06:24:34 PM »
https://files.catbox.moe/jdmmg9.zip

kelvin donna, here's Happy Checkers, from my PAP Gameta II. That is basically a homebrew GBA game, so I don't see how it is Jungletac either? What are the differences?

Also, what's the differences between Total Soccer and Soccer2002?

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2018, 06:31:38 AM »
Y2K05
Jan 6 2018, 06:24:34 PM
https://files.catbox.moe/jdmmg9.zip

kelvin donna, here's Happy Checkers, from my PAP Gameta II. That is basically a homebrew GBA game, so I don't see how it is Jungletac either? What are the differences?
Also, what's the differences between Total Soccer and Soccer2002?

[/quote]at last, we have just one game left, Sudoku, it maybe is by jungletac.
there is no difference between Total Soccer and Soccer2002, jungletac just took the game and renamed it, and did the same with a checkers homebrew GBA game and renamed it to Happy Checkers, so i can Rename Some Games To my own ideas, what do you think? it might could be a GOOD idea  ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 06:34:16 AM by kelvin donna »

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2018, 12:03:50 PM »
No, Sudoku is Dr. Sudoku for the Game Boy Advance. I thought it would've been Jungletac but it's not