Author Topic: [Request] Help locating dump of Engine Power (Nice Code - Alienis variation)  (Read 817 times)

Pippin

• View Profile
Hi, thank you for having me on this forum!

I regret that my first post is a request for help but I've been trying to locate a bootleg game for a while now and I can't seem to find much, if any information at all. But I'm sure someone here can point me in the right direction :)

The game itself is called "Engine Power" - it's clearly one of the several iterations that Nice Code's Alienis went through, and as seen from the screenshots I'm posting, is a lot closer to Pulver/Pulveration/Pulverizer. The title screen, however, is entirely different to accommodate the name change.

Being another out of hundreds of hacks for Battle City, it's already hard to find - but it's also a hack that's featured on a 49-in-1 console or Plug and Play system I have no information about (I only became aware of it through an acquaintance). I'm interested in the game primarily to check what changes were made, especially in regards to the title screen code, and to find out just how much different from Pulver it (or might not) be - and to try and determine if this was another Nice Code change, or handled by someone or some other hack group entirely.

I have tried locating a dump of the game but I can't find any information whatsoever about the hack itself - not even the console or Plug and Play system it might have been released on. And I only managed to find and snag Pulveration from a DreamGear 101-in-1 cart after spending... quite a bit investigating a 4GB dump of several multicarts.

I know this is my first post ^^; but I really could use some help here. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

L0ST5ILVER

• View Profile
Thank you for posting this thread. I'm the original poster from r/Roms and Romhackingdotnet's discord server, I took the original pictures in pursuit of this rom.
Since you have made this thread I don't see a point in me making one now, hopefully someone can give some insight as to where we might be able to find this.
I hope above all that we can find the original 49 in 1 rom, as that was a big part of my childhood.

If anyone needs more information: You can see pictures of the teardown here. It was purchased over 15 years ago from a shop in the UK.