Author Topic: Unlicensed Russian MegaDrive ROMs website?  (Read 4438 times)

Rocman X

• View Profile
Unlicensed Russian MegaDrive ROMs website?
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:16:05 AM »
So I have recently been working on building a set of MegaDrive ROMs in .BIN format that's as complete as possible (aside from additional prototypes), and unlicensed games as well as pirates of licensed or other unlicensed games are definitely included. I have finished getting through the letter M today, and it didn't take long as expected.
I have most of the Russian unlicensed games. However, I am having trouble finding some of these, as well as finding information about others that I have.
In particular, I had found a website that had a link to most of the unlicensed games, on Narod.ru, and had downloaded all of them, or at least most of them. Unfortunately, the link seems down now, as it just goes to a "404" message that doesn't seem to recognize the website at all.
Additionally, there are some Russian MegaDrive ROMs that I don't have that I know exist and have been dumped:
 - Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
 - Call of Duty: Ghosts
 - LEGO Batman: The Video Game
 - LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
 - That weird game based on the gummy bears TV show. I don't know what it's called.
 - Terminator 4 (based on Universal Soldier)

And also additionally, there are some games which I am sure are hacks of licensed games, but I can't identity all of them. That website that I had previously gone to said which games were hacks of which, but I can't access it now. Sometimes the header is unchanged, which is a dead giveaway, and sometimes I know from experience from playing the licensed original version, but sometimes they changed the header completely and it's very hard to tell.
In particular, I'm having trouble identifying the following:
 - Hugo Eco
 - Ice Age 3
 - Madagascar (NOT Madagascar 3)
 - Naruto
 - Winx

Could I please have some help finding the missing games, and find out exactly which Russian games are hacks of which? Also, is World of Tanks an original-developed game or a hack of a licensed (or unlicensed) game?

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 05:43:18 AM »
Member here, his URL changed

http://magicrip.narod.ru/

Hugo: Ecology in Danger is Chuck Rock II, Madagascar is Magical Hat/Decapattack.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:46:12 AM by Azathoth »

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 05:38:50 PM »
Thanks for the information. However, that doesn't look like the website that I was on last, so maybe it's a different one than I thought? All I see on that one is a list of a bunch of Russian translation hacks of licensed games. No, I'm not adding them to my ROM set.
I also don't know how to get ahold of those other few games such as the LEGO ones. There are also 3 more that I forgot to mention: Bomboy, the Lord of the Rings fighting game, and Wario Land 3 (Puggsy). And I meant Terminator 3, not 4.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 06:12:43 PM by Rocman X »

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 11:08:32 PM »
That's the site, pick the SMD section on the upper left box. First one is hacks, the other is translations. I posted a link to the LotR fighting game here in this forum when I dumped it, check under the Mega Drive dumps subsection.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 11:10:21 PM by Azathoth »

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 12:26:47 AM »
This still looks different than the original website that I downloaded the ROMs from, but this is very helpful indeed. I will check your The Lord of the Rings fighting game download link as well.

EDIT: I might have found it. However, the one I originally had included Ben 10 and SpongeBob and a few others as well, so maybe those are on another page:
(http://magicrip.narod.ru/new.html)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:33:20 AM by Rocman X »