Author Topic: Anyone ever heard of a game called "Star" ?  (Read 2805 times)

Eldritchcrash

• View Profile
Anyone ever heard of a game called "Star" ?
« on: November 05, 2017, 07:15:38 PM »
I've seen this game included on at least two "X Games In 1" systems (Cool Sirrah 268in1 and Dreamgear 220 In 1) and no matter where I look I cannot find any information on it.

Here are some pictures of the game.

This is how the game is listed in the Cool Sirrah 268in1 games list. It is listed as "Dragon Flyin" in the list instead of "Star"

This is the title screen when played on the Cool Sirrah 268in1. No information on what year it was published, who made it, or anything like that. Also on another note, the games on this system seem to be "squished"

A picture of the game on the Cool Sirrah 268in1. It's kind of unplayable since you die in one hit and the projectiles and enemies can get hard to see because of the background.

How the game is listed on the Dreamgear 220 In 1. This system gives you thumbnails of what the game looks like, which is pretty nice.

A picture of the game being played on the Dreamgear 220 In 1.

And lastly, here is a video of it being played on the Dreamgear 220 In 1.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gOxhx92woY

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2017, 09:50:54 PM »
Where is that music from? It sounds like it's from a very early NES game.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2017, 08:32:55 PM »
Eldritchcrash
Nov 5 2017, 07:15:38 PM
I've seen this game included on at least two "X Games In 1" systems (Cool Sirrah 268in1 and Dreamgear 220 In 1) and no matter where I look I cannot find any information on it.

This is how the game is listed in the Cool Sirrah 268in1 games list. It is listed as "Dragon Flyin" in the list instead of "Star"

This is the title screen when played on the Cool Sirrah 268in1. No information on what year it was published, who made it, or anything like that. Also on another note, the games on this system seem to be "squished"

A picture of the game on the Cool Sirrah 268in1. It's kind of unplayable since you die in one hit and the projectiles and enemies can get hard to see because of the background.

How the game is listed on the Dreamgear 220 In 1. This system gives you thumbnails of what the game looks like, which is pretty nice.

[/quote]That game is a hack of Star Gate. Here is a ROM:

Attachments:

Eldritchcrash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2017, 11:57:43 AM »
forgotusername
Nov 10 2017, 08:32:55 PM
Eldritchcrash
Nov 5 2017, 07:15:38 PM

[/quote]That game is a hack of Star Gate. Here is a ROM:[/quote]Hey, it is Star Gate. You're right! I thought that might've been it, but I wasn't completely sure. I think the actual Star Gate is included in the games list on the system too. Thanks for the answer and the rom. I might post a full list of the games on this system later.