Author Topic: Bootleg Pokemon Yellow and Crystal  (Read 2467 times)

CinnamonBeebis

• View Profile
Bootleg Pokemon Yellow and Crystal
« on: December 02, 2017, 08:07:52 PM »
Hey all, I decided to join this forum to see if there was any info on these carts. I got both of them on ebay. The purple cart with the crooked label is a Chinese (?) translation of Pokemon Yellow. It saves sometimes, but it's not reliable. The grey cart is Pokemon Crystal, the normal English version. It appears to be the regular game, I haven't found any changes while playing it. It doesn't save at all, despite having a battery. If y'all have seen these before, or know who made them, let me know.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 10:55:08 AM »
The image doesn't seem to be loading for me (it's saying to update the account to allow 3rd party hosting.)  Going by the descriptions though I'm guessing they're either generic bootlegs (there's tons of those on the Pokemon games) or in Yellow's case possibly a Li Cheng release.  Li Cheng's stuff always has their logo somewhere on the label that looks like an X in a box (like on this cart:)

CinnamonBeebis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:58:17 PM »
Sorry about that, I'm not very accustomed to posting on forums.
Anyway, here they are. Pretty darn generic.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 10:46:39 PM »
Yeah those look like generic bootlegs (esp. yellow; I've seen that kinda bootleg all over Taobao with that same cart mold and scaled down board.)  Not sure if there's anything notable about that Crystal bootleg like who could've published it.