Author Topic: [Oops! Nevermind!] Alladin 2000... for the SNES?! - DVS knows no limits.  (Read 3578 times)

IvanDSM

• View Profile
So I was looking for a cheap copy of Mortal Kombat 2000 on MercadoLivre (which of course I didn't find since we Brazilians think everything we have is "rare", even when it's a repro) and what I found was something VERY odd. Now, of course we've heard about Alladin 2000 on the Genesis. But our friends at DVS Electronics had to surprise us once again bringing Alladin 2000 to the Super Nintendo! Pics below:

Pretty big pictures

Now, this doesn't make any sense since Alladin was released on the SNES. What is this crap?! Unfortunately, I currently don't have money to buy it (blame college, not me) but I wish I did so we could take a look at this. Maybe in the future! It doesn't seem to be such a rare cart.

Nevermind that! I apparently skimmed the article a bit too fast. Of course we have knowledge of this game! Doh! Sorry for the unnecessary post!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 12:55:22 AM by IvanDSM »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
[Oops! Nevermind!] Alladin 2000... for the SNES?! - DVS knows no limits.
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 08:41:40 PM »
Admittedly, I haven't seen this cart before. Were there any other SNES ports using DVS's logo? The only ones I remember were Pocket Monsters and KOF99.

IvanDSM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 05:51:02 AM »
From what I can understand, most of these bootleg games that were released on both the SNES and the Mega Drive were made by DVS (both versions!). Add Mortal Kombat 2000 to your list, and I guess X-Men & Street Fighter and certainly Dragon Ball Z: Final Bout. I haven't played X-Men & Street Fighter yet, but I know for sure that MK2000 and DBZ: Final Bout were DVS products.

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 09:37:07 PM »
Aladdin 2000 has been dumped for several years, and I've played it. It's basically a really, really terrible and very incomplete port of the licensed Aladdin for the MegaDrive (by Virgin Games). There are only five levels, there's no cutscenes, the frame rate looks choppy, the physics are messed up, none of the items except health do anything (so you can't throw apples or buy anything at a shop), and the list goes on. The audio data is completely stolen from (surprise!) the licensed Aladdin for the SNES, and there's some things wrong with the music placement. Aladdin II for the MegaDrive is much better.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:37:30 PM by Rocman X »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 04:25:29 PM »
IvanDSM
Oct 15 2017, 05:51:02 AM
From what I can understand, most of these bootleg games that were released on both the SNES and the Mega Drive were made by DVS (both versions!). Add Mortal Kombat 2000 to your list, and I guess X-Men & Street Fighter and certainly Dragon Ball Z: Final Bout. I haven't played X-Men & Street Fighter yet, but I know for sure that MK2000 and DBZ: Final Bout were DVS products.[/quote]Not made, DVS published them and only for the SNES. I'm pretty sure they're responsible for publishing most of the other SNES ports as well. (Digimon Adventures and Pokemon Gold Silver being exceptions, they seem Sintax-related) As far as the Mega Drive versions, some of them appear to be published by Ka Sheng themselves and the others may have been from them, Gamtec or someone else related to those two companies.

But yeah, while the rest of the SNES ports were published by DVS, their logo only showed up on a few games from what I remember which is why I found that interesting.