Author Topic: intellivision nes ports  (Read 17939 times)

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2017, 11:44:39 AM »
MrNorbert1994
Aug 30 2017, 02:21:35 AM
I'm probably lost, but if you are saying:

"Would you like to have Atari 2600" games, then my answer is no.
First, I don't have an Atari, only a shitty chinese clone of it.
Second, I haven't plugged that in about 4 years, and I doubt it is still working.
Third, I have little to no interests in Atari games. : P

By the way... when I first read the topic title I though that somebody is making a NES port of Plok. :P
That would have been awesome.

Tough if somebody likes to help me expanding a list that would be helpful (Yeah... stick to the topic's original purpose. :P )

We all know that the Famicom has an expansion port for light gun, Famicom Keyboard, a lot of goodies.
Here is the thing: a lot of early Hudson developed games and almost all american / british developed games won't work on these expansion controllers, since there is no code that points to read from this "outside" region.
So in real, if you want to play these games via modified 4Score with an SNK 15 pin output or a Hudson Controller which has turbo feature, they will not work.
I'm currently testing these games with Nintendulator.
If anybody can give me more titles (licenesed or not licensed games) that would I would be glad about it.
This is why I have my own ROM archive where I fix these games to read from this region.

And to be stick to the topic: I doubt the game that needs single cart extraction, or any of those chinese games work on the expansion controller.
[/quote]You don't want something like this, you know what: NOT A PROBLEM

polk is a nes port of pinball on the intellivision >_>
« Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 11:45:38 AM by kelvin donna »
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »
While it's great that we have have a nes port of Intellivision Pinball, i have to agree with Mr. Norbert: NES Plok would have been awesome.
"May the Schwartz be with you"
                                       -Yogurt

MLX

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »
Can you please not quote long message especially if you're replying right under it? Thanks.

forgotusername

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2017, 06:57:12 PM »
...Well this is interesting.

I see a bunch of people are asking me to dump Polk - but that game isn't extractable! It uses a file unlike the other Nice Code games, and I can't rip it through my method.

I should probably say what my method actually IS, shouldn't I? i saw some people in this thread under the impression that you have to find the PHR and CHR, then create your own ROM - all I do is:

* Open the FCEUX emulator, along with the PPU viewer and HEX editor built into it
* Search for THE SECOND LINE (NOT the top, which should say "NES" or "UNIF") of an already dumped Nice Code / Inventor / whatever game in a XXX-in-1 plug 'n play rom. Already dumped games at the time included Mowing, Nature Clan Island, etc., and I could also use those glitchy .wxn ROMs
* Copy all of the data into the dumped ROM. Again, MAKE SURE the data you paste in goes on the second line or else FCEUX will freeze (wont hurt your PC or anything, but its annoying and you'll lose your data). Also make sure you fill the entire ROM with new data, or else the game might be broken.
* Get a print screen of the CHR through the PPU viewer and turn it into a .bmp file; then I can import it into a tile editor. I mess around with the .bmp file's colors in Gimp (Gimp is effectively Photoshop for poor people) until they can properly import into the tile editor. I use Tile Layer Pro but that one takes some getting used to - you might want to start off with an easier editor.

If you want Polk so bad, you can find the first line of data in the ROM "Pinball (Ch) (Wxn).nes". I tried to rip the game but like I said, the file is different, and the graphics don't look even remotely correct when put on the data of any other Nice Code ROM.

Sorry if this sounded rude in any way, but I've already said I'm not ripping more games. It's too time consuming, especially now that Summer is over and school is starting. Maybe someday I'll try to rip more, but for now I'm done with extracting these mediocre games from last decade.

Colonel Llama
Aug 28 2017, 08:58:43 PM
I'll take Desert Falcon and Saboteur, please.[/quote]can i give you only saboteur? because desert falcon is more than 200 kilobites  :(
but anyways, here is saboteur, the rarest game on the atari 2600 (maybe?) now for the NES
just for you  :)

Where'd you find that one? Did that come from the actual Atari Flashback or is that one of the prototype ones? The interesting thing is that game appears to of been hacked as "Ghost Castle", which is in Project BLEB. And if you have the Flashback ROM can you send me a link to it?

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2017, 09:20:21 PM »
Thank you for the tips, forgotusername! BTW, if you guys want to use tile editor, i highly recommend using YY-CHR. It can automatically arrange tiles in many ways to make your life easier and you're not limited to 1 tile at a time!
                                       -Yogurt

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2017, 07:00:06 AM »
forgotusername
Aug 31 2017, 06:57:12 PM

Where'd you find that one? Did that come from the actual Atari Flashback or is that one of the prototype ones? The interesting thing is that game appears to of been hacked as "Ghost Castle", which is in Project BLEB. And if you have the Flashback ROM can you send me a link to it?[/quote]no, i don't have te entire libary of all 20 atari flashback games
i only have 7 out of all 20 games, and they are:
breakout
centipede
canyon bomber
saboteur
planet smashers
millipede
and warlords

i have desert falcon too, but it is 257 kilobytes big

if you want them, there you go, but if you just look at my answer, then download these games IMMEDIATLY, because, i will remove the downloads

Attachments:

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2017, 01:41:56 PM »
forgotusername
Aug 31 2017, 06:57:12 PM
especially now that Summer is over and school is starting.[/quote]what?  =O  you go to school too?

i go also to school   :D  

this is the reason, why i have been looking for this rom and not doing it myself

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »
I'm busy too, since i have to go to internship
                                       -Yogurt

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2017, 09:40:45 AM »
Colonel Llama
Sep 3 2017, 05:52:34 PM
I'm busy too, since i have to go to internship[/quote]internship? I ALSO GO TO INTERNSHIP, HOW AWESOME  :lol:
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 09:42:04 AM by kelvin donna »

MLX

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2017, 09:48:35 AM »
If this thread keep getting out of subject it'll be locked.

Also, don't reply to this message.

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2017, 12:14:52 PM »
When i think about it, i think i might have some pretty unknown Nice Code games in my possession, including Intellivision ports. Unfortunately, they are on an undumped DreamGear arcade machine...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 12:16:21 PM by Colonel Llama »
                                       -Yogurt

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2017, 12:34:41 PM »
Colonel Llama
Sep 4 2017, 12:14:52 PM
When i think about it, i think i might have some pretty unknown Nice Code games in my possession, including Intellivision ports. Unfortunately, they are on an undumped DreamGear arcade machine...[/quote]do you mean that one:http://step2ddr.com/images/DGUN-2593-Retro-Arcade-Machine-X_PK_OPEN_L

or that one:https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/51963087?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2017, 07:05:42 PM »
It's the second one, but with a slightly different design. I found Intellivision Baseball on it.
BTW, i think you should change this topic's name since now it's more about other Nice Code ports.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2017, 07:07:31 PM by Colonel Llama »
                                       -Yogurt

kelvin donna

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2017, 10:58:11 AM »
Colonel Llama
Sep 4 2017, 07:05:42 PM
It's the second one, but with a slightly different design. I found Intellivision Baseball on it.
BTW, i think you should change this topic's name since now it's more about other Nice Code ports.[/quote]i guess i could, since i am not looking just for polk, but also for:

first defender (a port of space armada)

baseball new (a port of intellivision baseball)

well, these 2 other games, are topic urgent to search

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
intellivision nes ports
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
I have BOTH of these games on my arcade machine. The thing's not dumped though. I can give you screenshots if you want.
                                       -Yogurt