Author Topic: (OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)  (Read 44608 times)

forgotusername

• View Profile
Re: Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #105 on: December 31, 2018, 10:33:37 PM »
Got a PAP KIII Plus today, came with some bootleg games I haven't seen before like Mario TV.

This is the contents of the FC directory on the internal micro sd card.

Rather than try and figure out which are duplicates on my own, I think I'll leave it to the professionals, lest I delete something new.

Mario TV is actually bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Dian_Shi_Ma_Li. Most of those seem to just be licensed NES roms, I wouldn't really consider them plug 'n play. But thank you for the submission

torridgristle

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2019, 04:59:39 PM »
Got a PAP KIII Plus today, came with some bootleg games I haven't seen before like Mario TV.

This is the contents of the FC directory on the internal micro sd card.

Rather than try and figure out which are duplicates on my own, I think I'll leave it to the professionals, lest I delete something new.

Mario TV is actually bootleggames.wikia.com/wiki/Dian_Shi_Ma_Li. Most of those seem to just be licensed NES roms, I wouldn't really consider them plug 'n play. But thank you for the submission

Yeah on my own I removed about 450 Good ROMs, and a lot of what was left were hacked with cheats as far as I can tell. Like Kick Master has infinite health. Detecting those duplicates might be more difficult. Well, it's a shame there's nothing too great in there. Was hoping they'd have a modern version of something.

It's the 16GB model of PAP KIII Plus btw, I think there's an 8GB model.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2019, 08:16:36 PM »
It's the 16GB model of PAP KIII Plus btw, I think there's an 8GB model.
The PAP is a multi-console thing right? Do you have the full gamelist for it? There might be (non-plug 'n play) bootlegs undumped in the other sections.

iirc one model was dumped a while back, and it had undumped GBA bootlegs on it. If that was the 8GB model, there might be more on the 16GB. (but I'm not very familiar with those so i wouldn't be good at identifying)

torridgristle

• View Profile
Re: (OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2019, 09:13:51 PM »
I can upload it but it'll take me a long time, internet reasons. Have you got a method for checking which games match a No Intro database or something and moving them to a new directory so I can get it up sooner? Looking at weeks with my current pacing.

Oh, and here's the file list for the GBA directory. https://pastebin.com/gya7yyN9
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 09:49:09 PM by torridgristle »

torridgristle

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 05, 2019, 10:54:27 AM »
Got GBA uploaded faster than expected, here's the post in the Game Boy forum if you're interested.

http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=2583.msg19346

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2019, 09:13:52 PM »
This is something that's been on my mind a lot lately, i wanted to finally state it on the (old) project page...

A few of the (specifically Inventor/KUCK) roms in this collection are fake. I made a list of which ones here: https://bootleggames.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:Inventor/List_of_hacks#my_hacks. There are a multitude of reasons i added them, none of which are important to mention.

Around the time i made project pnp, this sort of "gaming preservation boom" happened. i never saw this as a preservation effort, at least before NewRisingSun started work on it - but a lot of others, including the founder of the Video Game History Foundation, did. I realize this was very bad for preservation's sake, so I decided its best i admit they're not really Inventor hacks - just ones I made in an intentionally similar style.

(also i think i lied and said they came from a multicart at some point. that was bullshit, i was making my own multicart with them, which i inevitably lost on my hard drive. just putting that out there before i'm questioned about it)

TerryBogardKOF1

• C'mon, GET SERIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 05, 2019, 04:54:38 AM »
Fair enough, they're still very good hacks despite being in the Inventor-style (Graphics from different games, fucked up music, etc). For a while I thought they were real, which is why I tried to add them to the wiki once, sorry about that :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 04:59:23 AM by TerryBogardKOF1 »

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 04, 2019, 09:02:26 AM »
it is so boring, that there is no update

the Taikee micro arcade Machine are also Dumpable
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

TerryBogardKOF1

• C'mon, GET SERIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 04, 2019, 12:00:53 PM »

yeah to be fair though, there hasn't been any update in forever, I would have loved to see the rest of Inventor's (REAL) hacks, but till then, just gotta wait.
also the Taikee Micro Arcade is dumpable, like, the one with Cube Tech VT03/VT368 hacks? Wow.

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 04, 2019, 01:35:29 PM »

yeah to be fair though, there hasn't been any update in forever, I would have loved to see the rest of Inventor's (REAL) hacks, but till then, just gotta wait.
also the Taikee Micro Arcade is dumpable, like, the one with Cube Tech VT03/VT368 hacks? Wow.
yes i wish that SOME of these get dumped  :-*

TerryBogardKOF1

• C'mon, GET SERIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 04, 2019, 02:36:34 PM »

yes i wish that SOME of these get dumped  :-*

Yeah dude, I really wanna play Clonk (Adventure Island hack based off the Sonic themed hack, which in itself was rumoured to be made by Inventor too) and What's Up (Donkey Kong Hack), also the Cube Tech hacks I really wanna see aswell, dunno why but there's something magical about those stolen bootleg songs in the VT368 hacks.

kelvin donna

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 04, 2019, 02:56:35 PM »
i really wish the games table soccer (VT03) to be dumped
is there any zuma or luxor vt02 edition?

TerryBogardKOF1

• C'mon, GET SERIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 04, 2019, 03:03:28 PM »
i really wish the games table soccer (VT03) to be dumped
is there any zuma or luxor vt02 edition?

I don't know man, maybe the table soccer game might come in the next update, if it even comes at all.
on an unrelated note, I like your Project CHET hacks, really holds me over till the update.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 04, 2019, 04:28:13 PM »
This project assembles extracted games from existing plug-and-play dumps. There is no point in requesting that a game be dumped here.

(There also is no point in requesting that anything be dumped. If somebody has a PnP and the means to dump it, it will happen. Conversely, if something is not dumped, it is because nobody has it or nobody who has it knows how to dump it or who to send it for dumping. So posting requests that something be dumped is pointless and, if done repeatedly, annoying.)

TerryBogardKOF1

• C'mon, GET SERIOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 04, 2019, 04:30:34 PM »
This project assembles extracted games from existing plug-and-play dumps. There is no point in requesting that a game be dumped here.

(There also is no point in requesting that anything be dumped. If somebody has a PnP and the means to dump it, it will happen. Conversely, if something is not dumped, it is because nobody has it or nobody who has it knows how to dump it or who to send it for dumping. So posting requests that something be dumped is pointless and, if done repeatedly, annoying.)

oh, sorry bout that