Author Topic: (OLD) Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)  (Read 44601 times)

forgotusername

• View Profile
Project PLUG 'N PLAY (Bleb, Kuck, Goof)
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2018, 11:43:23 PM »
Just realized i forgot to include a ROM. Here's the ultra-exciting 15 millionth variation of Boxworld

Attachments:

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #76 on: February 12, 2018, 12:56:22 AM »
Hello, I've been looking through these roms and I've been wondering where several of the Inventor hacks originate from as I've never seen them anywhere else. Specifically, games like Calcu Chaos, the Lyko hacks and some cat/Kirby themed ones like Puffy's Paradise.

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 12, 2018, 02:30:14 AM »
Awesome Panda
Feb 12 2018, 12:56:22 AM
Hello, I've been looking through these roms and I've been wondering where several of the Inventor hacks originate from as I've never seen them anywhere else. Specifically, games like Calcu Chaos, the Lyko hacks and some cat/Kirby themed ones like Puffy's Paradise.[/quote]Calcu Chaos came from one of those educational computer things iirc. The other ones you mentioned came from a crazily encrypted, unemulatable 32-in-1 cart. I'm starting to think those ones aren't made by Inventor, since they're so uncommon, but I have no idea who else they'd be from.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 12, 2018, 02:37:26 AM »
I know Inventor didn't do the Blob Buster, Sakura (originally called Cardcaptor Sakura) or Gradirs hacks, those are fan made hacks that for some reason were included on a bunch of plug n play systems. I am curious if they did Puyo Boy and Puffy's Paradise though, the former has the same fonts and odd graphical changes but it also looks a bit too competently made compared to most of the other hacks.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2018, 05:41:33 PM »
Another multicart extract. Mostly licensed games, but a few hacks that I at least don't remember, and a handful of VT03 games.

Y2K05

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2018, 07:14:39 PM »
May  I ask which game this is from?

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 03, 2018, 04:17:27 PM »
@forgotusername: I'm not sure whether I am being Captain Obvious, but "Project BATH\Fireman" and "Project KUMM\Fire Fighter" are the same game and are all hacks of the licensed Famicom game "Flying Hero" from Epic/Sony Records, so if I understand those directory names correctly, they should be in "Project KUCK".
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 05:16:23 PM by NewRisingSun2 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »
Technically, they're not hacks as the code seems to have been done from scratch. Aside from only having level 1, the physics are different and it seems to be missing some powerups from the original game. I'd argue the same thing for the single event Track & Field roms, especially since some of the events weren't in the NES game.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2018, 07:54:36 PM »
The Jungletac version has more than one level. But I see your point about the physics.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 07:55:31 PM by NewRisingSun2 »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2018, 02:44:28 AM »
Yeah Jungletac (KUMM) does a lot of clones (One of these days I'll make these folder names actually intelligible...) They're very close to the original Famicom games but they aren't based on the original code. Notice also that Lonely Island is a near-perfect clone of "Hirake Ponkikki", and Push the Ball is "Shufflepuck Cafe".

As for the Track & Field games, I can't find concrete proof whether they're hacks or clones; I thought they were hacks, but looking at all the random, non-T&F games running on the same engine, I'm starting to think they are the latter...

Also forgot to comment on the 210-in-1. Weird to see a VT03 Inventor game (Luck Ball). There must be others out there somewhere, I doubt they'd just end up making one.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 02:45:28 AM by forgotusername »

forgotusername

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2018, 01:44:15 PM »
just found this weird website by complete accident. http://www35.tok2.com/home/ymktvgame/picen.htm

Downloads no longer work, even with the Wayback machine, but maybe these ROMs are still out there somewhere? (I know the downloads are for "videos" but I'm blaming that on bad translation since it also lists the ROM size)

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »
Since the download links are to AVI files, I would say he really linked to videos and not ROM images.

kelvin donna

• Company Name: Satervest
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2018, 04:37:03 PM »
forgotusername
Mar 7 2018, 01:44:15 PM
just found this weird website by complete accident. http://www35.tok2.com/home/ymktvgame/picen.htm

Downloads no longer work, even with the Wayback machine, but maybe these ROMs are still out there somewhere? (I know the downloads are for "videos" but I'm blaming that on bad translation since it also lists the ROM size)[/quote]can i have more informations about this website?
i hate all media of the world, so i just moved to eurasia.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2018, 03:22:37 PM »
forgotusername
Mar 7 2018, 01:44:15 PM

Downloads no longer work, even with the Wayback machine, but maybe these ROMs are still out there somewhere? (I know the downloads are for "videos" but I'm blaming that on bad translation since it also lists the ROM size)[/quote]I found this site a while back by accident as well, when I was trying to find what had happened to Cube Technology's web site after it had disappeared, and to be honest, I'm still not fully sure what's up with it.

It appears to be a promotional site for Cube back when they were still known as YMK—a name which still appears in several of their releases, such as various games from the MiWi Xtra—but I have no clue as to the history of the site (or even the age of it, for that matter). Viewing the HTML source on http://www35.tok2.com/home/ymktvgame/ reveals that it was mirrored from another domain at http://520d.com/wz/ymktvgame/ (which explains the broken links for some of the images/videos), but the Internet Archive turns up nothing under that URL.

(And because this was a commercial site of some sort for Cube Tech, it's almost certain that the videos are indeed video clips and not the actual ROMs.)

Edited to add: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. The hacks shown on that page are definitely things that exist (though not necessarily as ROM dumps)—they appeared in a series of 8-bit sports-themed plug-and-plays manufactured by Macro Winners. JP Ronny (a.k.a. Awesome Panda on this forum) has the tennis version of this and has posted a playthrough of it on YouTube: part 1, part 2, part 3.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 03:32:21 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2018, 07:13:41 PM »
Thanks for reminding me I have that plug n play, I should probably try to capture more gameplay footage of those games to show any other changes they might have such as endings or (in a few cases) how certain levels look. I would send the unit I have off to be dumped, but there's no guarantee that it'd be feasible to do. If I happen to find a second one I'll send that to whoever wants to attempt it. I do wonder if there's any games on the other plug n plays (like the boxing one) which have different games not present on the one I have.