Author Topic: The GBC Takara Engine Multiplayer  (Read 2262 times)

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
The GBC Takara Engine Multiplayer
« on: July 23, 2017, 08:36:35 PM »
I hooked up a copy of KOF 97 (with the GYY Unlock Team intro), and a copy of Soul Falchion, which appeared to be using the multicart ROM on hhug. Surprisingly the games were compatible, and I was able to enter multiplayer. If anyone here has other Takara Engine games, and the equipment to play multiplayer I'd like to know if this works with all the Vast Fame games.

Attachments:

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 02:18:58 AM »
Interesting!

Does it crash after the character select menu, or does it actually allow you to fight? If so, how does it go about displaying the different backgrounds and characters?

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 05:18:05 PM »
I have been able to fight multiple matches between the two without soft resetting. Characters however have different moves for the same inputs between games, so you can win on one screen gameboy, but not the other. This will stall the gameboy that won and will have the other have a CPU controlled enemy in place of the victor. If the same outcome occurs on both (if the same player wins on both game boys) then another match can occur, even if one gameboy's match ends before the other's.