Author Topic: What is "Chinese Legend" for Mega Drive?  (Read 2639 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
What is "Chinese Legend" for Mega Drive?
« on: January 17, 2011, 08:24:48 PM »
So a while back I bought a group of carts from a seller that included a MD pirate called "Chinese Legend". This was written in English on the top of the cart, with the cart label being a generic Oriental swordsman picture.

The seller turned out to be a total flake and "lost" the games before he could ship. I did get my money back but never managed to get this particular cart. Any idea what game it was? I know pirates sometimes refer to game titles as weird stuff, especially when giving a shoehorned translation from Chinese or Japanese to English.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 08:49:20 PM »
Do you still have a picture? Could be anything really - I've seen a pirate of Sangokushi 2 called "China Town II". they just pull these names out of nowhere sometimes.

edit: was it Sangokukushi Retsuden? i found someone referring to that as "Sangokushi Retsuden: Chinese Legend"
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 08:58:25 PM by taizou »

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 02:17:59 AM »
Taizou, I'm pretty sure the game you linked to was it. I tried to pull the auction listing back up but the picture had long been taken down, and the only bit of info I found on the net was it listed as being available on a guy's trade list from years ago.

This strikes me as a rather odd cart to pirate.