Author Topic: Funky Rinco Buisness  (Read 5990 times)

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« on: January 30, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »
Where to start...

Well, for anyone who has played The Dragon, we all know who Rinco is. The odd thing though about them is that we see their logo reappear in Panda Adventure's tiles. (if it helps, the logo is arranged the same way as it was in The Dragon but not the hand). In The Dragon, there's also Tony Tech and Ramar that is mentioned. I can probably see Tony Tech as the electronics company (similar to Taiwan Shin-Shin) but...who's Ramar? Are they the development team or are they the ones doing business in the Middle East? (The intro mentions Taiwan so it's likely Rinco is based in Taiwan).

The other thing is the logo in Panda Adventure. Now I highly doubt the ex-Hummer members took the logo for the shits and giggles so there had to be some relation behind these guys. Also they couldn't have vanished after publishing one game either. Maybe they published some of EX-Hummer's earlier games? (The only reason I mentioned "earlier" is because Harry's Legend doesn't have the logo anywhere) The only two EX-Hummer games that I know are dumped are Panda Adventure and Harry's Legend. My only guess is that Rinco published a few of the EX-Hummer games and then the rights were passed to Abab but...that still doesn't explain how Harry's Legend was made. (It was most likely made by the same people since the new graphics are custom and in the same style as the Titenic stuff).

But yeah, this topic is for discussing Rinco and the crap behind them.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
Something else worth mentioning: "The Dragon" uses Sachen's sound driver. Some of the sound effects are identical to those in Jurassic Boy 2.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:21:14 PM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 02:56:10 AM »
Im pretty sure Rinco is short for Ramar INternational CO - i'm not sure if theyre still around, but they were until recently, theyre still listed on various chinese supplier sites as a manufacturer of GPSs and stuff (some of them mention games even though there arent any listed, so I think its the same company). I think they made famiclones at one point, thatd probably explain why they published The Dragon, they wanted a legit(ish) original game to go with them. No idea about Tony Tech though. maybe that's really the name of the developer?

and yeah, that logo in Panda Adventure is still a mystery to me. I noticed on the title screen of Space Shuttle Exploration theres a gap in the stars that looks like a copyright might have once been there.. quite a long copyright. maybe a long company name like Ramar International. i dunno. maybe for some reason Rinco wanted to get back into the business of publishing original games in the late 90s/early 00s, hired the ex-hummer people to make some for them, but they were never released?

codeman38

Something else worth mentioning: "The Dragon" uses Sachen's sound driver. Some of the sound effects are identical to those in Jurassic Boy 2.[/quote]
i guess that was probably Amadeus Wang again.. probably with a bunch of other ex-Sachen people. No credits though, it just goes back to the damn title screen.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 01:43:43 PM »
taizou
Jan 31 2011, 02:56:10 AM
Im pretty sure Rinco is short for Ramar INternational CO - i'm not sure if theyre still around, but they were until recently, theyre still listed on various chinese supplier sites as a manufacturer of GPSs and stuff (some of them mention games even though there arent any listed, so I think its the same company). I think they made famiclones at one point, thatd probably explain why they published The Dragon, they wanted a legit(ish) original game to go with them. No idea about Tony Tech though. maybe that's really the name of the developer?[/quote]Well if Rinco and Ramar are the same company, then I guess Tony Tech might have done the Arabic translation. To me, it'd make more sense to release a Chinese or English version first and then release a translation afterwards, because the developers are most likely Taiwanese.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 02:09:36 PM »
I dunno, I think Ramar/Rinco did the Arabic translation, judging from their alibaba page:
Quote:

Our main products include two kinds.One is GPS Navigation Products, such as Car GPS, PDA GPS,Portable GPS,Car Vehicle Management System. The other is Islamic Electronic Products,such as Pocket Dictionary, Holy Quran ,Azan Clock Products and so on. [/quote]
Maybe their famiclones were only popular in the Middle East, so they only ever intended to make it in Arabic and English from the start.. or maybe theres a Chinese version out there too, I dunno.
oh yeah, and this is weird:
http://www.wiwigame.cn/product/51874729-209433028/TV_Game.html
a famiclone on Qi Sheng Long's alibaba page, but with "Rinco" on it.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 02:11:52 PM by taizou »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
taizou
Jan 31 2011, 02:09:36 PM
I dunno, I think Ramar/Rinco did the Arabic translation, judging from their alibaba page:
Quote:

Our main products include two kinds.One is GPS Navigation Products, such as Car GPS, PDA GPS,Portable GPS,Car Vehicle Management System. The other is Islamic Electronic Products,such as Pocket Dictionary, Holy Quran ,Azan Clock Products and so on. [/quote]
Maybe their famiclones were only popular in the Middle East, so they only ever intended to make it in Arabic and English from the start.. or maybe theres a Chinese version out there too, I dunno.[/quote]Well, not entirely sure TBH. It'd be strange for there to be no Chinese version given that the developers are/were working at Sachen and it's based off Bruce Lee, the sort of thing that's popular in the Far East.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 06:50:29 PM »
Yeah, true. But most Sachen games never had Chinese versions either, especially the later ones.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 08:31:57 PM »
taizou
Jan 31 2011, 02:56:10 AM
and yeah, that logo in Panda Adventure is still a mystery to me. I noticed on the title screen of Space Shuttle Exploration theres a gap in the stars that looks like a copyright might have once been there.. quite a long copyright. maybe a long company name like Ramar International. i dunno. maybe for some reason Rinco wanted to get back into the business of publishing original games in the late 90s/early 00s, hired the ex-hummer people to make some for them, but they were never released?[/quote]That or the carts for them have been released only in the Middle East and not elsewhere. (Or we just haven't found the damn carts yet)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:32:27 PM by KingPepe »

MLX

• View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 11:11:06 AM »
I was able to get in touch with one of the person who was in charge of the game productions in Ramar. I learned some stuff but really not much about Ex-Hummer
They did produce some game cartridge near 2000. (Ex-Hummer ?), the carts were sold in Mainland China ONLY.

They closed the game line because they couldn't make enough money out of it (probably because the lack of interests for FC games in Taiwan and the bigger companies in mainland China such as Waixing).

They mostly produced multis. They only made few single cart (!).
The company moved and is now making computers, GPS and other. Their actual name is MOUNTAIN WISE INTERNATIONA CO., LTD.
When they moved, they just deleted all archive. So they don't have any files from this time anymore. Not even a cartridge that was kept for company history.

So now if we wants to find all Ex-Hummer games, we have to look on mainland chinese website mainly.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 11:29:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure Ramar themselves made the cartridges, seeing as they also published The Dragon. Seems a bit odd that they'd only release them in China though, wouldn't you really expect them to be sold in the Middle East or something?

MLX

• View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 12:07:10 PM »
That's what the guy told me. China. I believe him as he said I was talking to the right person (I asked if he really had something to do with these specific Ex-Hummer games). Maybe some of them went further like Harry but that is another story.

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Ramar themselves made the cartridges[/quote]
I didn't say that they weren't :p

ProBoTector23

Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2016, 09:33:49 AM »
Other topic have not found, so now here I write.

I tried to reconstruct the unused Rinco copyright screen of the Space Shuttle Exploration (The "The Dragon" copyright screen based on). The text and the logo has managed repaired, the remaining I not prosper. I don't know under what word may the copyright below. The Arabic text place is probably the big Rinco logo may (similarity The Dragon). I share your ROM file in case someone needs.

Attachments:

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
Funky Rinco Buisness
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2016, 09:17:49 PM »
Has any of Rinco's games shown up on Taobao?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 09:18:13 PM by NintariousFamicreep »