Author Topic: Undumped/unavailable known variations of unlicensed games  (Read 16088 times)

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
Undumped/unavailable known variations of unlicensed games
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 03:12:37 AM »
Ha.

Should be accurate to the pixel compared to the real version. Not going to distribute these ROM hacks though, lest they discourage getting the true versions dumped.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 12:36:53 AM by NewRisingSun2 »

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 07:48:23 PM »
NewRisingSun2
Jul 8 2017, 08:31:03 AM
I have added MLX' items to the list. As for Rocman X' items:
Quote:

F15 City War (Europe) (Unl)? - F-15 City War is on the list of confirmed games, but I can only find an AVE USA release of the game (aside from the game being included in Maxi-15 Pack).[/quote]Released by Gluk Video, available in the NoIntro set as "F15 City War (Spain) (Gluk Video) (Unl)".
Quote:

Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy, The (Europe) (En,Fr,De) (Unl)[/quote]Available in NonGoodNES 2016-02-20 set.
Quote:

Micro Machines (Europe) (Unl)[/quote]Available in GoodNES 3.23b as Micro Machines (E) (Unl).
Quote:

Arctic Adventure: Penguin and Seal (Australia) (Unl)[/quote]NoIntro names the current dump "Penguin & Seal, The (Asia, Australia) (Unl)", so I assume that they are identical.
Quote:

Firehawk (Europe) (Unl)
MiG 29 Soviet Fighter (Europe) (Unl)
Pyramid (Australia) (Unl)
Super Adventure Quests (Europe) (Unl)
Toobin' (Europe) (Unl)
Ultimate Stuntman (Europe) (Unl)[/quote]I am not adding them to the list until someone indicates that these actually are different in some way. [/quote]Unfortunately, Micro Machines seems to be a bad dump. It has various graphical glitches at the title screen and player select, and locks up the second the first race begins. Does anyone have a properly dumped version of this?

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2017, 11:34:56 AM »
GoodNES' 3.23b's "Micro Machines (E) (Unl)" has Mirroring incorrectly set to "Horizontal" in the NES header. Use Nintendulator or Nestopia to modify the NES header by setting Mirroring to "Vertical".

And forgive me for being pedantic, but there is no need to fully quote an entire post just to respond to a single point. :nono:
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 11:35:51 AM by NewRisingSun2 »

Rocman X

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2017, 06:31:20 PM »
The PAL version of Firehawk is supposedly different than the US one - according to one source, it doesn't have the Codemasters and Camerica logos on the title screen. Also, you said that there were 2 versions of Toobin', one the original published by Tengen, and a release for the Daou Supercom. However, there's also a seemingly undumped HES Australian version not mentioned (although it could still be identical to the Tengen release, but there's no evidence of that yet).
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:33:00 PM by Rocman X »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2017, 07:02:27 PM »
Updated the Toobin' and Baby Boomer entries to account for MLX' new dumps. Added entries for Hit Marmot and Fighting Hero.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2017, 03:36:55 PM »
I think the NTDEC copyright Hit Marmot doesn't exist. All the singles I've seen have the Mega Soft copyright. So unless it appeared on some undocumented multi. Same thing for Fighting Hero.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:46:24 AM by MLX »

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2017, 12:51:38 AM »
If they exist, then maybe as prototypes. :P

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2017, 05:33:00 AM »
Right, I keep forgetting there's also Skull and Crossbones (Tengen) that got licensed by Supercom. But I have no clue if the copyright/title screen is any different. (Same thing about Klax by Supercom, I had one cartridge of that a long time ago but I don't remember if it had anything special, I found another but it's in a generic cart shell and might be a simple copy of Klax).

Edit: there's also a C5052-13 and HUANG-2 release of AV Jiu Ji Majiang II using Somari P boards, this version is likely to operate on mapper 116. The current dump is mapper 115 which is Ka Sheng's. But maybe it's the same. This is the only game in which the second revision of the Huang MMC was seen so it could be the first game using mapper 115 as well. (Maybe someone has a script for dumping mapper 116 games and we could make sure?)

Edit2: Got Klax, dump is identical to the US release, PCB credits Daou so unless there's another undocumented variant we can safely cross it off the list.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:41:23 PM by MLX »

MrNorbert1994

• View Profile
    • http://mrnorbert1994.uw.hu/
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2017, 10:57:57 AM »
I'm trying to get a PAL Firehawk copy, and then I'm possibly going to dump the thing.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2017, 07:28:02 PM »
MLX

Maybe someone has a script for dumping mapper 116 games and we could make sure?)[/quote]As I understand the emulator sources, mapper 116 should be dumpable by the Mapper 4 script once you write value 0x01 to address 0x4100, which sets it into MMC3 mode. Try the attached script (untested).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 01:13:52 AM by NewRisingSun2 »

MrNorbert1994

• View Profile
    • http://mrnorbert1994.uw.hu/
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2017, 02:17:29 AM »
So... I got the Firehawk cartridge, got this kazzo dumper and...
ballocks
It doesn't know Mapper 71 at all. -___-

Anybody have any suggestions what should I do with this from now on / someone would like to dump the thing?
So far I only dumped one cart of mine, an Educational Computer one with the help of cah4e3.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2017, 05:09:06 PM »
Tested mapper 116 script with AVJiu, a Somari (P config, which is 116), Contra Fighter and it didn't work.

NewRisingSun

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2017, 01:03:15 PM »
MLX

Tested mapper 116 script with AVJiu, a Somari (P config, which is 116), Contra Fighter and it didn't work.[/quote]Then I have no idea.
MrNorbert1994

It doesn't know Mapper 71 at all[/quote]Mapper 71 is basically an UxROM variant. Try the attached script, which is a modified UOROM script.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 05:01:38 PM by NewRisingSun2 »

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2017, 08:49:55 PM »
Is there a way i can play .7z files on KEGA Fusion?

mmsc123

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2017, 07:05:14 AM »
The Australian version of Pyramid used EPROMS from AVE.