Author Topic: Feels like everything's been found  (Read 3880 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Feels like everything's been found
« on: October 01, 2016, 03:28:56 AM »
So I'm back from the dead. But I remember why I left. Because there's like nothing new out there at all!

Seems everything has been found at this point. Sure, you got those more modern Russian productions going on the MD and FC too I think? But I associate pirate gaming specifically with Taiwanese works of the past, and it doesn't seem like there's anything more to find. In fact, I think the only thing at this point is likely going to be discoveries of more SNES ports of things which weren't well known. And of course, GB games. That system still has a big number of things people don't really know about.

What else can be found for a collector? Well, there are quite a number of FC games I've yet to see CIB, and a couple MD ones. And you practically never see SNES pirates with their original boxes. I've kept an eye on Ruten and check it like once a day consistently for the past several years. Even after disappearing from here, it's just an ingrained habit. And let me tell you, the number of "pirates" (unlicensed, originals, etc) showing up is pretty abysmal now. I still can't believe I've yet to ever see certain titles show up. A CIB copy of Aladdin II for MD seems impossible. Tiny Toons 3 CIB has shown up a few times, surprisingly considering how unseen that game is. You still pretty much never ever see any FC pirates in their original packaging. I still wonder if that elusive Tenchi Souzou (aka Terranigma) for FC from Nanjing really does exist or if the list of Nanjing titles that it's on was just a premature thing released by Nanjing but they never got to making it.

This thread isn't asking a question or seeking opinions or anything really. More just lamenting that there's not much to get excited about in pirate gaming anymore  :lol:

bgr

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2016, 10:47:42 AM »
Why does no one comes to my channel?!
 I'm sad((((((

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2016, 12:27:13 PM »
I also am not a big fan of the new Russian Mega Drive titles, as they just seem "cheap" to me, and they just remind me of the big level of "repros" moving into these niche markets, ugh.  I can appreciate stuff like the Angry Birds ports for Famicom though, as it is something new and neat seeing on a machine so old.

Otherwise, I honestly don't think we are anywhere near the end, when it comes to the unlicensed / bootleg stuff.

For instance, has anyone EVER seen a copy of Chinese Chess 2 for Famicom?  I saw a few screenshots in a magazine, but that was all I ever saw.  There are a few titles of similar status.  

With Game Boy stuff we are really far away from documenting it all.  I collect for it and see it as the next best platform for unlicensed stuff, after Famicom.  Take Sintax, for example.  I have a ridiculous number of their games, maybe 50 - 60 or so, but no where near all of them, and there are so many that are simply unknown, undocumented.

There is still a lot of stuff to be found, my friend, but finding it...that is just a totally different story.

Either way, you are my hero, glad to see you back :)

SkyLeague

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 01:02:34 PM »
As far as I'm concerned no one has found Vast Fame's firebird cheat card.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 01:35:42 PM »
SKOB (actually Super Huge Dragon) also made cheat cards, sadly I missed out on one of those by minutes, a few years back.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 04:59:53 AM »
fcgamer
Oct 1 2016, 12:27:13 PM
I also am not a big fan of the new Russian Mega Drive titles, as they just seem "cheap" to me, and they just remind me of the big level of "repros" moving into these niche markets, ugh.  I can appreciate stuff like the Angry Birds ports for Famicom though, as it is something new and neat seeing on a machine so old.

Otherwise, I honestly don't think we are anywhere near the end, when it comes to the unlicensed / bootleg stuff.

For instance, has anyone EVER seen a copy of Chinese Chess 2 for Famicom?  I saw a few screenshots in a magazine, but that was all I ever saw.  There are a few titles of similar status.  

With Game Boy stuff we are really far away from documenting it all.  I collect for it and see it as the next best platform for unlicensed stuff, after Famicom.  Take Sintax, for example.  I have a ridiculous number of their games, maybe 50 - 60 or so, but no where near all of them, and there are so many that are simply unknown, undocumented.

There is still a lot of stuff to be found, my friend, but finding it...that is just a totally different story.

Either way, you are my hero, glad to see you back :)[/quote]Haha, I didn't know I did anything to be anyone's hero, and you certainly seem to have amassed more of a collection than I ever possibly could have! Thanks for the kind words.

bgr that's a neat channel. I had no idea that game was on Genesis, thought it was an SNES thing only. Seems anything on SNES was originally on Genesis in all cases. Wonder where Pokemon Gold/Silver or Digimon on Genesis is, then.

I'll have a new pirate dump coming soon, btw. It's the reason I've made my return, as a matter of fact :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2016, 05:00:10 AM by Barver »

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 11:19:55 PM »
bgr
Oct 1 2016, 10:47:42 AM
Why does no one comes to my channel?!
 I'm sad((((((
[/quote]wait a minute-- so xmen vs street fighter also have a pirate genesis version?? that's amazing!!

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 11:53:10 PM »
We can always hold out for Sonic Shuffle for MD....

TALUIGI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2016, 08:25:22 AM »
What's with Bollywood 2003?

I've seen a bunch of bootlegs in the past, but this one is really something new.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 08:33:44 AM by TALUIGI »

Koh1fds

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 04:12:25 AM »
Everything's been found and kept privately at nesbbs so you didn't even know that it exist.  :(