Author Topic: Opening Sachen Carts  (Read 3787 times)

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« on: August 20, 2016, 11:45:56 PM »
My friend and I have 3 sachen games, one of them being king of fighters 2002, and we were wondering if there is a way to open their carts safely seeing that there is no screw. We wish to know this in case we have to change out the battery.

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »
Do you have pictures?
"May the Schwartz be with you"
                                       -Yogurt

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:43:14 PM »
ExplodingLem
Aug 26 2016, 10:28:05 PM
Do you have pictures?[/quote]Here they are:
http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Pocket_Fish_Box/library/

MLX

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 06:45:08 PM »
Ugh that's not easy task and it can definitely damage the cartridge shell.

I could show you but, are you sure…?

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 09:20:19 AM »
MLX
Aug 30 2016, 06:45:08 PM
Ugh that's not easy task and it can definitely damage the cartridge shell.

I could show you but, are you sure…?[/quote]It is unlikely that i will actually do it, i just wanted the know the safest way to open carts that lack screws, if there is one.

BigFred

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 01:33:58 PM »
Hi everyone. I know this thread is old but I thought you might still be interested. You know I'm working for No-intro and in the past few years Tauwasser and me have found and dumped nearly all Sachen releases for the GB + GBC. His dumping skills are truly awesome.

During the initial phase of this project I developed a quite simple method of opening Sachen carts without causing damage that only takes a few seconds. I made a little video of this and if I find it again I'll maybe upload it. You will need a file and some piece of thin plastic for this.

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 10:13:20 PM »
Neat, if you could find that video that would be great.

BigFred

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 04:46:44 PM »
I found the video but I'll have to downconvert it first. It's a bit too big.

BigFred

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 05:52:26 AM »
Ok here is the video. No audio included so I will explain a bit.

Sachen Video

There are four "pins" holding the cart together - two at each side. You need to put the tip of a file in the gab between the two parts of the cartridge on the connector end as shown in the video. Then you push it upwards as far as possible. Gently lift the file like a lever and the lower pin will pop out.

Now you will need something thin and flexible enough to put into the gap and slide it along the way to the upper pin and to not damage the shell. The file can damage the shell so don't use metal. Plastic and cardboard are better options. Usually the upper pin pops out pretty easily when the plastic goes behind it but not in every case. That piece of packaging for tablets was the best I had at hand when developing the method but I guess you could fine something better. Unfortunately there are slight differences between the Sachen carts. Sometimes the upper pin is longer and holds the shells together more tightly. For the Mighty Mix for instance I really had to pull a lot and had real trouble to open it. You could try something like a Nintendo eshop cart that might be thin enough and that is a bit more inelastic which might help seperating the shells more efficiently.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:53:01 AM by BigFred »

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Opening Sachen Carts
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 09:46:49 PM »
Thanks, will definitely check it out