Author Topic: GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE  (Read 3563 times)

Smedis2

• View Profile
GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE
« on: August 07, 2016, 08:34:22 PM »
Now, I trust y'all to be mature about this. I know all of you are going to spam a certain Swedish streamer's infamous reaction to the original source material here, but I'd like for some actual, genuine analysis and constructive criticism. I didn't make this game solely just as a meme game. It's an homage to classic NES bootleg games, though the influence of what made GRAND DAD popular is certainly there.

A platforming adventure through the world of bootleg games. Bootleg aliens are trying to take over Earth, and only the rebelling alien GRAND DAD can stop them! Use your club and other assorted weaponry to bring these fiends to justice and save the day!

Features original music by various chiptune artists, several levels, various references to classic and bootleg NES games and hardcore* axe-tossing, sling-shotting gameplay!

*(gameplay may not be that hardcore)

Play the demo here!

(Yeah I know it's a particularly pretty thread introduction but I'm not as familiar with PGC Forums' workings as I am with other sites >:()

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 12:03:54 AM »
I'm actually impressed with this so far. I was kinda afraid about this being a jokey game but this is actually quite good.  :pandahappy:

The only problem I got is that I can't use weapons in the air. It feels kind of awkward not being able to do so.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 01:21:24 PM »
This game is fantastic! I can't wait for the final version!!

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 01:55:11 PM »
Welp, thank goodness Construct 2 can play games right in the browser!

Anyway, this is surprisingly well done. Can't make more constructive criticism to this, other than what Pepe said above. Okay, maybe make a chargable club like in Flintstones. I dunno.

Colonel Llama

• View Profile
GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2016, 04:08:13 PM »
I love this game, but i can't beat Simba. Any hints on how to do it?
"May the Schwartz be with you"
                                       -Yogurt

Smedis2

• View Profile
GRAND DAD by RED-FIRE
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2016, 10:24:21 PM »
ExplodingLem
Aug 8 2016, 04:08:13 PM
I love this game, but i can't beat Simba. Any hints on how to do it?[/quote]Patience.