Author Topic: NES Super Mario World codes.  (Read 4722 times)

Doomkid

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.ws/doomkid/
NES Super Mario World codes.
« on: January 13, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
All of us have more than likely played the SMW pirate, and I'm certain that all of us who have HATE the way Mario jumps. Sure, the game has other issues, but this is the one thing that SERIOUSLY reduces the amount of fun we have while we play.

I saw another website somewhere that had documented a few game genie codes for SMW on the NES. I thought for sure it must be a mistake, I mean, no one sits around and spends the time to figure out GG codes for crappy knockoff games. But I was wrong, and when I messed around with the codes they had given, I found this code:

Code:

YUSUPLAZ

What this code does is make it so Mario stays at FULL SPEED when he jumps, unless of course you want to stop - then he stops. You're not going to slow down even a fraction when you run and jump. I am actually having fun playing this game with the code enabled - it's almost like playing a beta Mario or something. Handles a lot better than what I expected!

What I find really weird is that this code works on the full version of the game (the 45 in 1 multicart rip) but not on the version that only has worlds 1 through 4. If anyone knows why, That'd be great. Other than that, enjoy SMW NES for the first time ever, with YUSUPLAZ! :dance:

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 12:23:14 PM »
Demo version (faster jumps): AUXLALAZ
Variation: AUSUPLAZ (author for both: Ugetab)

Invincibility: (author: VisitntX)
ESNZUIEY
ESUZPZEY

Possibility to fly as soon as you run (with Cape): (Ugetab)
AENLTGAP

Skip level select: AVSLENSA (VisitntX) You can access level select at any time in game by pressing Select.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 12:39:07 PM »
that does actually improve the game quite a bit.. its amazing how many pirate games are *one tiny change* away from being way better. Like Nanjing's stuff - if theyd just spent a little bit of time tweaking the stats in Chrono Trigger so battles didn't last like half an hour each and  you could actually beat the final boss, it might have been.. well not good, but at least playable.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 05:02:52 PM »
Oh, here's a code I have for you.
GAAAAA

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 06:00:39 PM »
KingPepe
Jan 14 2011, 05:02:52 PM
Oh, here's a code I have for you.
GAAAAA[/quote]XAAAAA gives better results and can make a scrolling glitch in the third level (athletic one).

GAAAAA is for Someri's fighting games.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2011, 06:03:02 PM »
Yeah but GAAAAA's music is really weird. (also Ninji enemy is screwed up but that's not really too huge)

Doomkid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 11:39:24 PM »
taizou
Jan 14 2011, 12:39:07 PM
that does actually improve the game quite a bit.. its amazing how many pirate games are *one tiny change* away from being way better. Like Nanjing's stuff - if theyd just spent a little bit of time tweaking the stats in Chrono Trigger so battles didn't last like half an hour each and  you could actually beat the final boss, it might have been.. well not good, but at least playable.[/quote]I couldn't agree with you more. It especially shits me when they actually spend the time to make the graphics look good, almost identical the the game its trying to imitate in some cases, and then just totally screw up the gameplay in every way possible. Pokemon Red/Gold (the NES pirates) are so close, yet so, SO far... Its a shame. Non ear rape music and battle stats that made sense, and it could have actually been fun... but I guess thats just how pirates are.

GAAAAA made me crap myself laughing, ill be saving that code. Also, MLX, that level select code doesn't seem to work for me in Nestopia, not that it matters - the rom I have automatically brings you to the 1-7 select on startup.

You guys may already know this, but you can bring Yoshi into the castles. Cross the "checkpoint", then hit start+select. Get Yoshi (if you didn't already have him) and re-enter that castle.. And you should be awarded with a gray Yoshi :P However, while using him, the bosses cannot be defeated.

Is there some way to get Yoshi in the castles in the SNES version of the game? That would be very interesting..

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 06:15:18 PM »
Faceplant
Jan 14 2011, 11:39:24 PM
GAAAAA made me crap myself laughing, ill be saving that code. Also, MLX, that level select code doesn't seem to work for me in Nestopia, not that it matters - the rom I have automatically brings you to the 1-7 select on startup.

You guys may already know this, but you can bring Yoshi into the castles. Cross the "checkpoint", then hit start+select. Get Yoshi (if you didn't already have him) and re-enter that castle.. And you should be awarded with a gray Yoshi :P However, while using him, the bosses cannot be defeated.

Is there some way to get Yoshi in the castles in the SNES version of the game? That would be very interesting..[/quote]*AAAAA code by meh. I tryed to understand how IKAAAE was affecting Mario and ended up making a code that would affect square 1 and noise and gameplay in many games. About all Someri games are affected by *AAAAA except Jing Ke Xin Zhuan and SF2 if my memory is right.

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 03:48:00 PM »
...yeah, really makes the game more playable.
And something tells me that if Mario gains speed on jumps by using a GG code... someone did put a limitation on his jumps on purpose, originally.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 03:51:13 PM by Crash Nicker »

Doomkid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »
Crash Nicker
Jan 18 2011, 03:48:00 PM
...yeah, really makes the game more playable.
And something tells me that if Mario gains speed on jumps by using a GG code... someone did put a limitation on his jumps on purpose, originally.[/quote]I wonder why they would do that (if that is the case)? Seems lke it would make more sense to have him move as close to possible as the original. But you'll notice if you dont run and jump, with this code, he still goes to running seed in mid air, meaning there's no "momentum" type stuff at all programmed into this game :P

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 02:19:26 PM »
Mario is attracted by the ground (twice as normal):
EPAXYP (author: me)