Author Topic: Weird DVD Player with pirated NES/Famicom Games  (Read 3383 times)

Galaxy Knight

• View Profile
Weird DVD Player with pirated NES/Famicom Games
« on: October 15, 2015, 08:48:06 PM »
Okay, quick story time, I had to get my cousin a gift (birthday) and he wanted to play my famiclone carts. He's rough with his stuff so to save my collection, I bought him one of these:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/7-8-TFT-LED-Srceen-Portable-DVD-EVD-Player-with-TV-Player-Game-FM-3D-Movers/1001877431.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.72.a7L2OW&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_7,searchweb201527_4_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201560_4

Well I ordered one for myself, needless to say I was surprised. You see I ripped the game and instead of getting normal files, the games were all under this "Gxxx.bin" I frankly don't know how this works, My question is, Could I burn NES games on discs and play them on the console? I could really use something like this. Before you ask "Why not just use an emulator?" Thing is, If I could do this, then when my cousin comes over on holiday's and he wants to play a game from my collection I could just burn it to a CD and give it to him.

If anyone has info on this It'd be great if you could share it. Thanks!

msf007

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 08:08:37 AM »
http://forums.nesdev.com/viewtopic.php?t=5819

http://forums.lostlevels.org/viewtopic.php?p=33674

Sounds very similar to what you bought. So it seems like you need some tweaks to your common dumps to get them working on your portable DVD player...

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:41:02 PM »
There things have been around for years! You won't be able to use your own ROMs on it. Every ROM included on the disc that came with it includes part of the emulator used to run it.

Galaxy Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »
-holy God this forum isn't dead-
I can tweak if I need to. Thanks to you all. I will look into it and if anyone gives a panda turd about this I shall update if it is a win or fail.

inability

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:48:32 AM »
I don't know if you ever found a solution to this, but I recently helped someone with a portable DVD player exactly like one in the link you gave (except this one had a "CYBERVIEW" branding on it), and I found out that it does in fact accept NES roms without any modification, but you'll have to use a USB device or an SD card.
The device has to have the FAT32 filesystem. Just copy the .nes files into the device, then plug it into the player. When you press Play, you should be taken to a file explorer. Press the Menu button (the leftmost button of the three buttons in the middle of the two d-pads), then navigate to Game. You should be able to select your ROMs from there.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:57:32 AM by inability »

Galaxy Knight

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 09:28:19 PM »
Eh, tweaking around with it I kind of got it to work. Then the blasted thing broke on me. Won't even play DVD's.