Author Topic: Cube Technology  (Read 22355 times)

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Cube Technology
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 04:10:22 PM »
davidstech
Jan 30 2011, 03:06:30 PM
Strangely enough, most of the games appear to be registered to Waixing/Subor but some credit “YMK Software.” I suspect Waixing bought YMK – or at least their software – at some stage.[/quote]That makes sense, seeing as YMK (as far as I know) don't seem to be around anymore.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Cube Technology
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2011, 05:13:27 PM »
i think YMK either became or was somehow absorbed into Cube Tech, and Macro Winners (makers of the MiWi) just happened to buy games from both Cube & Waixing - YMK/Cube games never seem to appear on Waixing/Subor's own consoles (iSports etc), only Macro Winners'.

btw what are the Tatacon Drum Master games like? I don't think I've seen much of those.

davidstech

• View Profile
    • http://ds0.me
Cube Technology
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2011, 02:53:17 AM »
If your interested, the drum master games simply involve holding both controllers and moving them in time to the beat (pressing A would work as well because they are not true motion control - moving them triggers an A button press.)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 03:12:37 PM »
Just found some more connections between Waixing and Cube Tech.

A while back, I had discovered this Japanese blog in which someone did a playthrough of all the games on a Subor VT03-based console. One of them was a hack of Inventor's F22 with a Waixing copyright registration.

Two of the other games on the same console, "Cat Vs. Dog" and "Water Fire", are known Cube Tech games-- they're included in Cube's game list.

Edit: And two others! X-Ball, and Underwater Rescue. The latter of which also seems to use a font from GLK Dance, oddly enough.

Edit #2: An easier-to-follow collection of you2hp's Subor posts, for those looking for further interesting stuff.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 03:39:00 PM by codeman38 »

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 11:08:58 PM »
If you check the "威体多彩 VTmc -VT03平台" games of http://tec-cube.com/gamelist.htm, you'll see they're clearly made for a Latin (I'm guessing Argentinian) audience, just judging by the names of the games: "Entrenamiento goleador" (Goal-maker training), "Penales" (Penalties), etc. Plus, the guy of the "Soccer ball" games is dressed with Argentina's flag colors.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Cube Technology
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 06:46:47 AM »
Oh yeah, that reminds me, I found this recently: http://cgi.ebay.fr//180661729645
its a console that seems to contain those same games, but with French titles.. so maybe they made a few different versions for different countries?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 08:51:19 AM »
Given the languages and that most of the games on there are football games, I'm willing to bet that it's marketed at a European audience. I wonder if there's a version in English.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 12:49:52 PM »
The title music of "Hoop Legend" is "Bambina" by David Lyme.

Also the "Select sence" (???) screen has a small loop of another Italian song but I can't remember which one, the loop is too short.

I'm thinking the "Select sence" music might be a small loop of some Brian Ice song, but I'm not sure, and I don't know which one. it could be "Talking to the night" or "Over again".
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 01:16:05 PM by Ninja-Kun »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 07:16:33 PM »
Ninja-Kun
May 7 2011, 12:49:52 PM
The title music of "Hoop Legend" is "Bambina" by David Lyme.[/quote]Indeed it is! Good catch.

Ninja-Kun

I'm thinking the "Select sence" music might be a small loop of some Brian Ice song, but I'm not sure, and I don't know which one. it could be "Talking to the night" or "Over again".[/quote]Not so sure about that one. Unless it's from some sort of remix, I'm not hearing that in any of the postings of his songs on YouTube I've listened to.

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 08:20:35 PM »
Yes, you're right, it's not Brian Ice. I really know that song, but the loop is so short that I can't remember which one is! It's really annoying since it's a famous Italo Disco song. I think I know who might be able to help me, I'll keep you informed.

We have a winner! My good friend ItaLoverBoy from Youtube recognized the "Select Scene" song as "Mandrill" by Patrick Colby. I knew I heard that song before :P
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 06:56:26 PM by Ninja-Kun »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2011, 03:29:16 PM »
Ninja-Kun
May 7 2011, 08:20:35 PM
We have a winner! My good friend ItaLoverBoy from Youtube recognized the "Select Scene" song as "Mandrill" by Patrick Colby. I knew I heard that song before :P[/quote]That song's even on one of the ZYX Italo compilations I was checking! How did I not notice that?  >_<

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2011, 11:14:34 AM »
Just realized something, while trying to write up a stub page for Cube Tech on the wiki.

According to Cube Tech's web site, as translated by Google: "The team was founded in 2004, 2008, changed its name registered as 'Cubic Technology Limited.'" ("公司团队成立于2004年,2008更名注册为'立方科技有限公司'。")

Perhaps they were founded as Yimeike, then, and became Cube in 2008?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 11:15:42 AM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2011, 11:46:58 AM »
Makes sense, I guess. I haven't seen any mentions of Cube Tech from before 2008 myself.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »
Oh, and I've found another possible name for Yimeike: 深圳市精英时代科技发展有限公司 Shēnzhèn shì jīngyīng shídài kējì fāzhǎn yǒuxiàn gōngsī, which translates to something like Shenzhen Elite Age Technology Development Co. Ltd. Or at least this business listing shows Jingying Shidai with YMK's URL, anyway. Who knows.

Edit: Then again, this might just be a weird case of database crosslinking. This listing for a similarly named company claims they make ultrasonic cleaning equipment. But then again, there might be two Shenzhenshi Jingying Shidai's...who knows.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 05:29:54 PM by codeman38 »

Linkrulezall

• View Profile
Cube Technology
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2011, 05:32:49 PM »
Hmmm... I recently uncovered another Cube Tech piece of engineering, only it's branded by Intec. It's known as the InterAct, and it's essentially a Miwi Xtra all over again. I bought one, and guess what? In the game Duel Soccer, which is in cube tech's game list, says YMK soccer in the corner of the country select screen!