Author Topic: Jazz Samba E2000/Cha Cha Amigos  (Read 2213 times)

strawberry

• View Profile
Jazz Samba E2000/Cha Cha Amigos
« on: June 29, 2015, 02:30:03 AM »
I decided to look into this famiclone because I was watching a vinesauce video (the windows 98 destruction one) where they were poking around in the rom and a picture that said "Cha Cha amigos" popped up and I wondered if it was from anything.

As it turns out, it's from this game:

https://fcgamer.wordpress.com/2014/10/07/famicom-does-it-all-whac-a-mole-mats-karaoke-machines-and-maracas/

It's a clone of Sega's Samba De Amigo. For some reason it has SMiLE.dk's Butterfly and Billy Joel's My Life on the song list (like 90% of the rhythm game famiclones that I've played; are those the only songs that pirate game developers can reproduce in 8-bit or something? It's not even like they reuse the same 8bit versions either, they seem to redo them in every game I run across)

I looked around for a rom dump, but I assume it'd probably be excruciating to try and figure out how to work around those plug-in maracas that control the game while dumping it  :|

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 05:17:35 AM »
Interesting find. :) It looks to be very similar to the 2000 version of Street Dance (it has the same music).

Oh yeah, I remember poking around the Windows 98 ROM a while back and finding several Nice Code games such as Box World hidden in it, and the menu interface on this game seems to use the same font as a bunch of their games. I do wonder if they were involved with the development somehow.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 06:36:41 AM »
This game also exists on a multicart.  I found it on one.  I have never seen it as a stand alone cart though.