Author Topic: Something strange is going on BGW nowadays...  (Read 3301 times)

msf007

• View Profile
Something strange is going on BGW nowadays...
« on: May 20, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
Company articles are constantly ruined by some anonymous contributors. Those editors have different IP address, but the things they add up and their writing style suggests these contributors are actually one person using multiple IP address.

Most of edits by this editor seems to be false info and only a small portion of the edit is true.(Like Digimon Pocket by VF being hacked re-release of Pokemon Ruby) Those suspicious/nonsense edits share these traits:

*Likes to claim a game is hack of other game(completely unrelated in most cases), like Magic Girl by Gamtec is a hack of Galaxian.
*Tries to make up connections between unrelated random companies without any proof. Li Cheng, Waixing and Gowin seem to be the editor's favorites.
*Replaces fact that is already confirmed with something that just doesn't make sense. Now Waixing's Luo Ke Ren X is claimed to be 'a hack of numen wager by waixing', rather than a hack of Sugoro Quest!
*Capital letters are rarely used.

I've reverted back some of this editor's works, but I can't do it all due to lack of knowledge - I'm not sure about is it OK to just revert it all for some articles, especially when it is about modern Famicom-related companies. Well, I can't tell something false about what I actually don't know properly.

So I think recent edits on company articles(including my reverts since maybe I did something wrong as well) really should be checked by some experts, and every false information must be taken out.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »
msf007
May 20 2015, 08:29:41 AM
Company articles are constantly ruined by some anonymous contributors. Those editors have different IP address, but the things they add up and their writing style suggests these contributors are actually one person using multiple IP address.

Most of edits by this editor seems to be false info and only a small portion of the edit is true.(Like Digimon Pocket by VF being hacked re-release of Pokemon Ruby) Those suspicious/nonsense edits share these traits:

*Likes to claim a game is hack of other game(completely unrelated in most cases), like Magic Girl by Gamtec is a hack of Galaxian.
*Tries to make up connections between unrelated random companies without any proof. Li Cheng, Waixing and Gowin seem to be the editor's favorites.
*Replaces fact that is already confirmed with something that just doesn't make sense. Now Waixing's Luo Ke Ren X is claimed to be 'a hack of numen wager by waixing', rather than a hack of Sugoro Quest!
*Capital letters are rarely used.

I've reverted back some of this editor's works, but I can't do it all due to lack of knowledge - I'm not sure about is it OK to just revert it all for some articles, especially when it is about modern Famicom-related companies. Well, I can't tell something false about what I actually don't know properly.

So I think recent edits on company articles(including my reverts since maybe I did something wrong as well) really should be checked by some experts, and every false information must be taken out.
[/quote]Im not sure about the rest of the stuff, but this one is actually true:

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »
...oh I know this fucker. This is kdma who I banned a while ago for putting up false info and who refused to correct his grammar.

Thanks for the heads up and fixing the articles by the way.

msf007

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 05:04:49 PM »
Oh, so that was one more truth that I didn't know. Waixing just translated Sugoro Quest first and hacked it later to make a new game, I see. I think some additional explanation can be made since current Waixing article doesn't state about Numen Wager being a translation hack of Sugoro Quest at all. (Also Numen Wager is listed as its Chinese title, Du Shen)

Surely this editor has some truth like the above, and actually got some of Gowin's game list right but the amount of 'harmful' edit seems to exceed the beneficial one. Here's another example; the editor removed Vast Fame from Sintax-related company and put NTDEC instead, and no explanation was added in the article. You can clearly see Macro Winner's V-Mega is a laptop-shaped console with the reference video on Youtube, and this editor described V-Mega as 'a plug and play joystick'.

I just called for help since I can't figure out everything as you see here, and then many changes were made by this guy again. I reverted most of his changes back today except for some article for companies I'm really not sure about(like Waixing above), and it seems like I just have to stop here. Probably I may have reverted back more true statement than I thought and if so, I'm ready to get blamed for that. Still I think that recent edits on BGW, including my reverts, really need to be checked out by someone who knows much better than me.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:09:56 PM »
It's fine, I wouldn't worry about it. I'll check over it (and maybe someone else too since the stuff he edits is not something I'm familiar with) and see what I can do. I'm just glad someone at least spotted it and took care of it for the most part. ._.

TALUIGI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2015, 10:48:01 AM »
I renember that I had seen one guy, that said there's a SMB1 Bootleg hack, called Heri Potter, That's just a facial-swap of Mario. It's looks like so fake!