Author Topic: Beast Fighter dump?  (Read 3468 times)

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Beast Fighter dump?
« on: May 17, 2015, 09:45:27 PM »
Beast Fighter was a bootleg game made by Sachen. Well, I've been looking for a dump of this game, and I remember it was available somewhere, but I don't know where. I know the game has been dumped before so I'm asking here if someone can help me...

Thank you!  :yay:

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
Beast Fighter dump?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 03:57:39 PM »
I think the game is on cpplay.

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Beast Fighter dump?
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 05:26:30 PM »
A quick update. I got a dump of this game... but I have a problem. When I try to open it in VBA, it gives me this error message: "Unsupported ram size 38", what does this mean!? Can I fix it?

EDIT: Apparently, it was a bad dump all along... damn... (I think it is I guess) does anyone know where I can get a proper dump of this game?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 05:55:51 PM by harimepuffle »

Rocman X

• View Profile
Beast Fighter dump?
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2015, 07:50:48 PM »
harimepuffle
May 23 2015, 05:26:30 PM
A quick update. I got a dump of this game... but I have a problem. When I try to open it in VBA, it gives me this error message: "Unsupported ram size 38", what does this mean!? Can I fix it?

EDIT: Apparently, it was a bad dump all along... damn... (I think it is I guess) does anyone know where I can get a proper dump of this game?[/quote]No, it's a good dump, but it uses a mapper that no emulator currently supports. That also happens for other un-modified Sachen dumps. I got a set from Rom-Shepherd a few months ago, and experienced the same problem, and after researching, I found out that was the cause. Either someone needs to make an emulator that supports the mapper, or there needs to be a "fixed" version like Taizou makes of his dumps on the Handheld Underground. Taizou said he MIGHT do it, but since he knows nothing about it, he said not to "hold your breath".

harimepuffle

• View Profile
Beast Fighter dump?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
I managed to run it on hhugboy, even though it doesn't recognize the mapper.
Maybe I can ask the devs from BizHawk and see if they can implement it there.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 05:09:41 PM by harimepuffle »