Author Topic: Have any of the Sintax GBA games been dumped?  (Read 6643 times)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Have any of the Sintax GBA games been dumped?
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 06:03:14 PM »
fcgamer
Apr 27 2015, 10:38:50 AM
This will be quite a difficult feat to accomplish, due to the protection, but also because there are so many Sintax games out there.  We are talking over a hundred different games, if ID numbers are to be believed.  Some (if not all) of the GBA releases are just GBC games in GBA cases.  I have one or two Sintax games in both GBC and GBA format, and the games are identical.[/quote]They released both actual GBA games, and GBC games in GBA-sized cases. The actual GBA games don't have any Sintax branding though (I saw one with their alias "Jump Technology" on it, but usually they don't have any company name at all) and they mostly just look like generic GBA pirate carts unless you know what you're looking for.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 11:06:29 PM »
Just a note but i think they are hacks of thunder blast man by yong yong. Because the actual games by yong yong or vast fame don't use the same engine. So it makes sense they are hacks of a game by sachen but developed by someone else instead.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 04:09:31 PM »
they aren't and that makes no sense

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 02:48:07 PM »
Taizou wait i think the reason why the rom won't dump is because it needs to be disassembled just like shenzen nanjing's games for the famicom and then it will dump properly. But make sure you use something else besides your ds flashcart when dumping the rom. Taizou i think the reason why the cartridge does not work on a system besides the game boy advance is because they hardcoded in the necessary programming into the header. That is why it does not work on a nintendo ds.

Forsythia

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 04:40:55 AM »
I have a few Sintax GBA games. I acquired them back in December when I purchased a random GBA game lot from your standard shady Taobao Game Boy/Game Boy Advance accessories dealer.

Quote:

Taizou wait i think the reason why the rom won't dump is because it needs to be disassembled just like shenzen nanjing's games for the famicom and then it will dump properly. But make sure you use something else besides your ds flashcart when dumping the rom. Taizou i think the reason why the cartridge does not work on a system besides the game boy advance is because they hardcoded in the necessary programming into the header. That is why it does not work on a nintendo ds. [/quote]

On many of their carts, their copy protection didn't functioned correctly. One cart in particular [one of their amusing Pokemon SNES bootlegs - their GBA carts were mostly ports of their earlier stuff] didn't work on the original GBA [I have small hands so I prefer it for gaming] but it worked fine on my DS.

I can take some pictures later if it will help your investigation. Although I'm 90% certain the ROMS of their GBA games have already been dumped. They are multicart 8 bit hodgepodge Pokemon/misplaced Digimon? RPGs. Except the one that was a hacked Sega Master System [totally forgot the name but you know, that one with the Ninja?] fighting scrolling sideshooter. Charmander shot pink fireballs and lasers at cavemen sprites despite the background appearing to be Edo era [?] Japan O.o

*off topic: just discovered this forum tonight [...err, morning] Glad to learn I'm not the only person who collects bizarre Chinese pirated games.

HummerBootlegFan1992

• View Profile
    • http://https://sites.google.com/site/officialhummer1992/home
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2015, 07:58:15 PM »
Forsythia
May 22 2015, 04:40:55 AM
I have a few Sintax GBA games. I acquired them back in December when I purchased a random GBA game lot from your standard shady Taobao Game Boy/Game Boy Advance accessories dealer.

Quote:

Taizou wait i think the reason why the rom won't dump is because it needs to be disassembled just like shenzen nanjing's games for the famicom and then it will dump properly. But make sure you use something else besides your ds flashcart when dumping the rom. Taizou i think the reason why the cartridge does not work on a system besides the game boy advance is because they hardcoded in the necessary programming into the header. That is why it does not work on a nintendo ds. [/quote]

On many of their carts, their copy protection didn't functioned correctly. One cart in particular [one of their amusing Pokemon SNES bootlegs - their GBA carts were mostly ports of their earlier stuff] didn't work on the original GBA [I have small hands so I prefer it for gaming] but it worked fine on my DS.

I can take some pictures later if it will help your investigation. Although I'm 90% certain the ROMS of their GBA games have already been dumped. They are multicart 8 bit hodgepodge Pokemon/misplaced Digimon? RPGs. Except the one that was a hacked Sega Master System [totally forgot the name but you know, that one with the Ninja?] fighting scrolling sideshooter. Charmander shot pink fireballs and lasers at cavemen sprites despite the background appearing to be Edo era [?] Japan O.o

*off topic: just discovered this forum tonight [...err, morning] Glad to learn I'm not the only person who collects bizarre Chinese pirated games. [/quote]Yeah, Sintax's GBA ports of SNES games seem to be really strange, especially when they put in random copy protection + sell them all the way in China.

I think I also saw a hack of Digimon Adventure for the SNES involving the Pokemon characters once when I was looking up bootlegs on eBay. I tried looking for it online, there's no evidence that it's been dumped.

*also off-topic: Welcome to the forum, Forsythia. You'll love it here in PGC Forums.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 12:59:42 PM »
Hummerbootlegfan1992 actually they were selling their gba games in taiwan because the chinese gowin games have no copy protection but the taiwanese originals do. Also i think you are talking about pokemon gold and silver when you are talking about a pokemon hack of digimon adventure. The rom is dumped so it is fine if there is no cartridge of it. Forsynthia there are no dumped roms for the taiwanese originals. Because the games that did get dumped are chinese gowin games. And for reference the chinese gowin games are being sold on taobao.

Forsythia

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2015, 08:47:34 PM »
Quote:

Hummerbootlegfan1992 actually they were selling their gba games in taiwan because the chinese gowin games have no copy protection but the taiwanese originals do. Also i think you are talking about pokemon gold and silver when you are talking about a pokemon hack of digimon adventure. The rom is dumped so it is fine if there is no cartridge of it. Forsynthia there are no dumped roms for the taiwanese originals. Because the games that did get dumped are chinese gowin games. And for reference the chinese gowin games are being sold on taobao.
[/quote]

I opened up one of the carts (I might try to dump it myself if it doesn't get to difficult). Now I think they are Vast Fame GBAs. I know the Vast Fame and Sintax Digimon/Pokemon hodgepodge RPGS are similar to Sintax and share soundtracks (and programmers?).

Also one of the Multicarts seems to include a Water Margin/Suikoden mashup?. Its written in bad Mandarin/Taiwanese (I assume the programmer's native language was Taiwanese) with your random Engrish thrown about. Its the game I intend to dump first.

the Water Suikoden? Suikoden Margin? game looks like it is using an SNES or Genesis engine (surprisingly good GBA graphics; will edit later to include pictures. Sorry it took awhile for me to find the carts. My closet was a mess - just found them all today :$ ) which is why I think said game might be easier to port. Their GBC carts seem to have the most labyrinthine copy protections.

The games I have are (well, the games are all from the same random GBA blind lot who knows if they're the same developer):

Pokemon Rueby 2 (well, the title on the sticker). On the title screen its just "Pokemon" with a Charmeleon. Despite the player's character being a Charmander. There's only 1 game on the cart.
Pokemon Green 12 in 1 (also featuring an SKOB rpg and random Master System titles)
Pokemon Red 12 in 1 (but its only 8 go figure - mostly the same Master System games as Green)
Pokemon Saphirr 12 in 1 (featuring Water Margin/Sudokin rpg, and a cool port of Double Dragon, and random Master System games)
Drill Dozer (no save option, bad music, regular cartridge plastic that says "Game System" instead of Nintendo)
Crash Bandicoot Purple Ripto's Rampage. Bad sound/glitchy/missing levels/inconsistent language.

I regret not ordering more random blind game lots. Who knows what I could've scored! The seller isn't around anymore (*I tried contacting him a few times but he hasn't replied).

Quote:

*also off-topic: Welcome to the forum, Forsythia. You'll love it here in PGC Forums.[/quote]

Thank you  :)

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2015, 08:59:48 PM »
The game would most likely not be written in Taiwanese because Taiwanese is primarily a spoken language.  ;)  Maybe you mean to say that it was written in a combination of Traditional and Simplified characters?

Regarding the GBA games being sold in Taiwan or not, the only ones I have *ever* seen were the GBA games that were just the same as the GBC games, albeit in GBA shells.  And I have about 20 of those games (all that I could find for sale) on my game collection shelf right now.  Surely, if the above-mentioned Sintax games (or whoever actually made them) were highly released/distributed in Taiwan, I should have found a few of them by now, right guys?

Forsythia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2015, 11:56:27 PM »
fcgamer
May 29 2015, 08:59:48 PM
The game would most likely not be written in Taiwanese because Taiwanese is primarily a spoken language.  ;)  Maybe you mean to say that it was written in a combination of Traditional and Simplified characters?

Regarding the GBA games being sold in Taiwan or not, the only ones I have *ever* seen were the GBA games that were just the same as the GBC games, albeit in GBA shells.  And I have about 20 of those games (all that I could find for sale) on my game collection shelf right now.  Surely, if the above-mentioned Sintax games (or whoever actually made them) were highly released/distributed in Taiwan, I should have found a few of them by now, right guys?  [/quote]
Quote:

The game would most likely not be written in Taiwanese because Taiwanese is primarily a spoken language.  ;)  Maybe you mean to say that it was written in a combination of Traditional and Simplified characters?[/quote]

Yeah, I meant older characters that don't often come up in Mainland Mandarin. The text read very awkwardly (well, to someone who is only familiar with Mainland Mandarin).  

Although the Taobao dealer was from Northwest China; West enough to be shipped through a Russian courier. Perhaps the bootlegger wasn't good at writing in Mandarin in the firstplace (Although that begs the question: what sort of Sintax-style gaming developer exists/existed in Mongolia?)

Quote:

And I have about 20 of those games (all that I could find for sale) on my game collection shelf right now.  Surely, if the above-mentioned Sintax games (or whoever actually made them) were highly released/distributed in Taiwan, I should have found a few of them by now, right guys?  [/quote]

Well, the carts I purchased are not from Taiwan (I never said they were from Taiwan; just a few of the multi-carts contained ports of Sintax games, and the writing had a Taiwanese-ish vibe) They were from China.

Anyway I attached a file of the carts to give you an idea. One of them I opened so hopefully you can view the board (its a GBA board). Sorry the pic is a bit blurry I will take more.

I'll try to dump the Water Margin/Suikoden mashup by tomorrow.

Attachments: