Author Topic: MP5 "Gameplayer"  (Read 5063 times)

The_YongGrand

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:05:26 AM »
Hey there,

Yesterday, got this thing, bought it cheap from a local retailer online.

Went and unwrapped it and found that it's preloaded with a number of GBA games. Not in my era, but some of them were OK to me when I tested them.

So I added the usual "Battle City", "road fighter" and some other classic games - they worked pretty well.

However, I can't get Gameboy B&W games to work - they won't even run. Said "invalid format". I've checked around the net, but found nothing much about people playing those on that player.

Here's that pic attached.

Classic games without the mapper run pretty well, the one with certain mappers suffer from stuttering sounds and incomplete music, like the "Barbie" for the NES.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 11:09:49 AM by The_YongGrand »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 07:33:45 PM »
If it doesn't recognise the format I guess it doesn't have a GB emulator - IIRC the original Dingoo A320 didn't either, it's a common oversight for Chinese devices for some reason.

If the GBA emulation is decent you could possibly kinda circumvent it by using Goomba Color though, it's a GB/GBC emulator for the GBA.

The_YongGrand

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »
Agh, too bad for me because I wanted to play GB classic games. However, the GB Color works pretty well in that fake PSP.

I read that some of the people actually changed the firmware inside to add new programs, but it is an extremely complicated procedure. :)

TALUIGI

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 07:29:48 AM »
The_YongGrand
Mar 12 2015, 08:43:58 PM
Agh, too bad for me because I wanted to play GB classic games. However, the GB Color works pretty well in that fake PSP.

I read that some of the people actually changed the firmware inside to add new programs, but it is an extremely complicated procedure. :)[/quote]Yeah, but a hard work ever solves. . . but, how is this works? Looks like a PSP, but. It's not a Psp . . . O_o

The_YongGrand

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:30:33 AM »
TALUIGI
Mar 13 2015, 07:29:48 AM
Yeah, but a hard work ever solves. . . but, how is this works? Looks like a PSP, but. It's not a Psp . . . O_o [/quote]Well, I do know and worked with microcontrollers and such, so I can hunt for a tutorial or two online. They used some sort of their operating system. One of them compiled the image and ran ZX Spectrum games inside:ZX Spectrum Emulation on cheap MP5 player.

However, I've even seen cheap MP5 players with Android inside, which is much more expensive, but you can load your own emulators inside from the App store. :)

TALUIGI

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:33:49 PM »
I like pandora handheld, it uses linux has base, got alot of emulators and a fast firefox! and a LOW PRICE ! ! !
WOW!

The_YongGrand

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2015, 10:08:28 PM »
TALUIGI
Mar 13 2015, 06:33:49 PM
I like pandora handheld, it uses linux has base, got alot of emulators and a fast firefox! and a LOW PRICE ! ! !
WOW![/quote]Pandora's not available here in my place, and it gets real expensive especially shipping. Maybe I can get a used PSP but I'm waiting for prices to go down. :)

TALUIGI

• View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 07:58:11 AM »
The_YongGrand
Mar 14 2015, 10:08:28 PM
TALUIGI
Mar 13 2015, 06:33:49 PM
WOW![/quote]Pandora's not available here in my place, and it gets real expensive especially shipping. Maybe I can get a used PSP but I'm waiting for prices to go down. :)[/quote]I have found one that costs 290.  :)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2015, 03:23:21 PM »
The_YongGrand
Mar 12 2015, 08:43:58 PM

I read that some of the people actually changed the firmware inside to add new programs, but it is an extremely complicated procedure. :)[/quote]If it runs Game Boy Color games, you could try renaming the GB classic roms to .gbc instead of .gb .. if it can play one it should be able to play the other, it might have just been an oversight in the OS that it doesnt recognise the .gb file extension.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2015, 04:38:12 PM »
The_YongGrand
Mar 11 2015, 11:05:26 AM
Classic games without the mapper run pretty well, the one with certain mappers suffer from stuttering sounds and incomplete music, like the "Barbie" for the NES.[/quote]It is because the hardware it uses isn't powerful when compared to Xburst/ARM11+ based handhelds. The Sunplus SPMP8000A runs at 270 MHz (single core?) which is ARM9 based. Also add the fact it lacks of proper accelerated graphics hardware.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 04:41:14 PM by KAGE-008 »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
MP5 "Gameplayer"
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2015, 09:30:15 PM »
Theyongrand ironically all the multicarts for the gba that have the same gameboy black and white roms don't run as well. Maybe the same company made both multicarts/consoles then?