Author Topic: I am trying to figure out who developed waixing's gbc games.  (Read 1613 times)

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
I am trying to figure out who developed waixing's gbc games.
« on: February 22, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »
I think gowin developed all of these games thanks to the fact they use the same pc paint font.Even though skob and vast fame were around. They were not authorised to use any of their material. That's why they got gowin to develop all of these games instead. While i am sure gowin do not have any rpg. They have a tamagotchi clone at the very least. I am sure it has similar gameplay to one of the rpgs they made for waixing. But just with different graphics.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 07:09:05 PM by RVVD4029 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »
there actually might be a connection to Gowin, i dunno really. there are some copies of Gowin's Stone Age out there with Gowin packaging and labels but a Waixing cart shell. but then a lot of Waixing games use the Link's Awakening sound engine, which Hitek also used, so maybe they (or some former staff) were involved somehow.

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 05:06:20 AM »
We shouldn't place too much reliance on cart casings and stuff like that though.  Remember guys, casings are generic, and many of these companies use whatever comes to them cheapest.  We have also seen Gowin games in generic cases, and I've even seen some multis in Sachen cases, so maybe they were able to get a deal or something from some factory extras.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 06:46:42 PM »
yeah that's true, although I've seen a Taobao seller with stock of Waixing GB games who also had the Waixing-cased Stone Age, so it might have been sold through Waixing's distribution channels in that form - I guess it's possible Gowin had a deal with Waixing for manufacture/distribution of that one game in mainland China though, it doesn't necessarily point to any deeper connection.