Author Topic: Found a very rare Double Dragon 2  (Read 4402 times)

Lucy

• View Profile
Found a very rare Double Dragon 2
« on: February 12, 2015, 12:56:58 PM »
Hello all!

I recently came across one of my old NES cartridges, Double Dragon 2, and when researching it, I cannot find a scrap of informaton regarding my specific cartridge as it is very different from all the pictures I found online. So I thought I would ask you super fans if you knew anything!

My cartridge is cream coloured or light gray, the main sticker on the front is light blue with Japanese writing on it with the Roman Numerical symbol of '2' behind it, with also the words 'Double Dragon' wrote in English below the picture.

Also there is a shiny sticker with the word 'Pegasus' on it, from further research I can say that I dont think its the Console makers Pegasus, as this sticker also has a symbol on it :/

I will also try to attach a photo of it, but all I have is my DS camera so I apologize in advance for its poor quality.

If anyone has literally any information regarding this I would be so grateful, Thank you!

Attachments:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:22:22 PM by Lucy »

TALUIGI

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 02:51:57 PM »
I can't see the photo :(

Lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2015, 03:23:28 PM »
TALUIGI
Feb 12 2015, 02:51:57 PM
I can't see the photo :([/quote]Hello! Thankyou for your reply, I have now edited my original post so it now contains a photo of the catrtridge, Thanks!

TALUIGI

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2015, 06:56:43 PM »
Pegasus? Do we have anoter pirate company?
And in the NES Shape.
LH112? :o

Also for some reason, exist a famiclone called ''Pegasus''
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 07:08:23 PM by TALUIGI »

Lucy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2015, 11:20:15 AM »
@TALUIGI Yeah the pegasus consoles came out in the Poland areas, pirated of course, Im just having such a hard time even finding out any more info on the Pegasus or its NES clone games.
It seems so obscure Im hoping this cart is worth something.

I woud ideally like to sell this item, but cant through conventional websites, if you were to know of any places I could, I would be very grateful :)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 08:06:50 PM »
basically it's a pirate copy probably from the early 90s - the label is a Famicom one stuck on sideways & the PCB inside is most likely a Famicom one in a converter.

I have no idea what the significance of the Pegasus label is though, I feel like it's probably not connected to the consoles because they were all 60-pin Famicom format (as far as I know).. so maybe it's just the name of a distributor or something?

fcgamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 11:47:47 AM »
I would disagree, and suspect that maybe it was for a 72 pin Pegasus console.  Micro Genius did the development for Pegasus and Dendy both, IIRC, and they did end up making some 72 pin machines for the Western market.  

The cart is a Whirlwind Manu label L Series Famicom cart, probably Famicom board with adapter inside too.