Author Topic: Lazy articles/links to Virtual NES  (Read 3348 times)

MLX

• View Profile
Lazy articles/links to Virtual NES
« on: November 30, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »
So recently someone (unregistered) has started to add those Virtual NES links with all games that can be played on VirtualNES. I don't think putting the links on the Wiki is a good idea. First, it makes publicity for VirtualNES, 2nd: Even if the company is dead, by respect we shouldn't do that (like all officials NES Roms that has been programmed by a company that is both dead or still in the business).
3rd: VirtualNES is just bad.

Also check the Dragon article, the author just went lazy and put a link to Taizou's site. This wiki isn't here to link to all sites over the place, there must be original text too and nothing (or only few) should be copy pasted from another site.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
I'm not sure about the emulator links - it is kinda useful for visitors to actually be able to play the games we're talking about without having to go hunting for stuff .. but it does seem like someone's just trying to promote VirtualNES. honestly i don't care too much either way about that.

as for lazy articles, at least theyre a foundation we can build on - theres something to show that game/company/whatever exists even if none of us have had the time to write a proper article about it. and i don't mind stuff being copied from other Creative Commons-licensed wikis, thats kinda the point of Creative Commons (I've done it myself - there were already pretty good articles on Wikipedia about Hacker International, Sachen etc, no point reinventing the wheel). but if anything's been copied from copyrighted websites we should get rid of it.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 03:09:41 PM »
Although I don't mind having the VirtuaNES links, it's up to you if you want to get rid of them.

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 09:58:29 AM »
I do! Keep them up!