Author Topic: Arcade Action II 101 in 1  (Read 17345 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Arcade Action II 101 in 1
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 12:50:13 AM »
Also, this is clearly a close cousin to the 88 Games In One reviewed by Way Of The Rodent. Right down to its version of Pandamar playing "Hello My Baby" instead of that weird original tune. Also, "Tactful Monkey". ::giggle::

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 10:08:57 AM »
codeman38
Nov 23 2010, 12:50:13 AM
Also, this is clearly a close cousin to the 88 Games In One reviewed by Way Of The Rodent. Right down to its version of Pandamar playing "Hello My Baby" instead of that weird original tune. Also, "Tactful Monkey". ::giggle::[/quote]Ah, so that's what the song was called. Also, I'm not sure if you spotted this but it actually says "Tactful Mokey" on the title screen. :lol:

Also, looking at that review I think Maze Ball is a hack of Lot Lot, Magic Block sounds like Magic Jewelry, "Buming R-16" sounds a bit like Onyanko Town or something, WWFL is likely Kinnikuman: Muscle Tag Match, (or M.U.S.C.L.E. if you prefer, although that's a pain to actually type) Super Bowl is almost certainly 10-Yard Fight and Smart Acel is probably Super Arabian. BTW, in the 101-in-1 version of Bicycle Race the bike doesn't explode upon crashing, but rather the player falls over. Also, why does that 1942 hack look like the arcade version? Might just be some edited image for the review, I'm guessing. Also, Night Arrow was actually released on a stand alone cartridge I believe, and I don't think it's by the same people who did the other hacks.

BTW, I forgot about this earlier but the main character's sprite in Roge Brer is actually Milon from Milon's Secret Castle.

Edit: Games 2-9 (and possibly F22) are all 256kb big for some odd reason. Don't see why they'd choose games that size as opposed to 128kb games which would allow them to have twice as many.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 12:49:01 PM by Awesome Panda »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 01:17:14 PM »
i have that 88 in 1 joystick too. its definitely closely related, even the menu is the same, but all the hacks that arent on the 101 in 1 seem to have been made by someone else entirely. someone who can't do title screens, and always uses the same font. IIRC some of them are copyrighted to "Winners".

also, F22 is fixed now - just redownload FCEU from cah4e3's site.
its quite long really. 16 stages. which i cheated my way through to see if it has an ending. and it does:

approx translation ~ Program: Xi Feng, Yang Rong; Art: Pei Pei

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 01:23:25 PM »
Pei Pei, you suck at drawing cutscenes. :P None of those names sound familiar to me, but then again I was never exactly a pro when it came to Chinese.

Edit: I just found that the main character's sprite in Conqueror is actually an edit of the kid from Mitsume Ga Tooru. Incidentally, there's a 9-in-1 with a repeat of that game called 3 Eyes Boy.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 06:10:34 PM by Awesome Panda »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2010, 01:07:53 PM »
Remember how I'd discovered that Waixing had a copyright on a game titled "F-22"?

It is, quite literally, the same game as Inventor's F-22, just with a new title screen, a 2005 copyright date, and some sprite hacks.

No, seriously. See this blog by some random Japanese blogger who bought a Subor famiclone and decided to do playthroughs of the built-in games. No way of linking directly to the post, but if you search in the page for "F22" you'll find it.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:12:33 PM by codeman38 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 01:25:47 PM »
Seems like Waixing's version only has three stages though.. I guess it was cut down like Super Fight I. but this really makes me wonder what the connection between Inventor, Qi Sheng Long and Waixing was/is..
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 01:26:28 PM by taizou »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 01:27:46 PM »
taizou
Nov 27 2010, 01:25:47 PM
Seems like Waixing's version only has three stages though.. I guess it was cut down like Super Fight I. but this really makes me wonder what the connection between Inventor, Qi Sheng Long and Waixing was/is..[/quote]Yeah, that's what I'm curious about as well. There is definitely some sort of connection between all these companies, but I have no clue how much of one.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 01:30:34 PM »
codeman38

It is, quite literally, the same game as Inventor's F-22, just with a new title screen, a 2005 copyright date, and some sprite hacks.[/quote]
That's standard fare for Trump Grand, I noticed them doing that with a few Famiclones. Mind you, it might just be them taking another game and rebranding it as their own given the other games included, and espeically given that the credits were removed. Looking at that article (with Google translate, of course) they removed most of the levels and I can't tell if the engine is the same as the original.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2010, 05:42:34 PM »
I think no one has noticed that the ® sign in F-22 is exactly the same used on SACHEN copyrights screens (SACHEN®). The same one appear on their Game Boy pirates too.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 05:43:18 PM by MLX »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 05:29:13 PM »
I don't think this is saying much, but I just realised that Inventor almost certainly made Bruce & Leo, that awful Tom & Jerry hack. The size of the game is 256kb, just like the first 9 games on this thing, the hacked music sucks and the hack itself is lazy as hell. Also, the main character's sprite is also used in Rescue Kuck.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 07:53:06 PM »
Cheetahmen
Jan 11 2011, 05:29:13 PM
I don't think this is saying much, but I just realised that Inventor almost certainly made Bruce & Leo, that awful Tom & Jerry hack. The size of the game is 256kb, just like the first 9 games on this thing, the hacked music sucks and the hack itself is lazy as hell. Also, the main character's sprite is also used in Rescue Kuck.[/quote]Y'know, I actually noticed that one myself. Bruce also looks more than a bit like Montana Max's stand-in in the Tiny Toons hack.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »
codeman38
Jan 11 2011, 07:53:06 PM
Y'know, I actually noticed that one myself. Bruce also looks more than a bit like Montana Max's stand-in in the Tiny Toons hack.[/quote]I'd say the supposed "Montana Max" is the same bloke on the startup screen in Bruce & Leo, except resized, with a differently coloured hat and with a worried face. Also, how can you tell which one's Bruce and which one's Leo? :P

BTW, some of the games from this multicart were recently seperated from the multicart and converted to mapper 4. Not sure where to get them from, but I'm pretty sure SpaceNinja has the zip file of the source.

davidstech

• View Profile
    • http://ds0.me
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 03:07:24 AM »
Having got one of the 88 games in one joysticks, and also played the ROM of the 101 in 1, I can confirm that the 88-in-1 is essentially the 101-in-1 with fewer games - it even has a very similar selection of hacks. I'm not sure about the physical consoles though.

EDIT - I just noticed that it has a "USI" logo/mark on the bottom - I wonder if this is a manufacturer/importer?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:08:39 AM by davidstech »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 03:15:01 AM »
I've got the same thing boxed, and yeah, USI is just an importer.. Macro Winners is the real manufacturer AFAIK.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »
Just stumbled on this page which shows the "50 Games Plug 'N Play", which has a lot of the hacks from this POS, although there are a few I haven't seen before:

- Air Tiger (1942, I think)
- Monster (Sonson)
- Inclement Trip (Sort of looks like Ikari Warriors or Rygar, although I somehow doubt it's either of them. Knowing pirates, it's probably something awful like Zunou Senkan Galg)
- Magic Block (Magic Jewelry made to look like Columns, sort of)
- Pocky (Ninja Hattori-Kun)
- Hot Speed (Road Fighter)
- Winter Cup (Ice Hockey, looks identical to the original as far as I can tell)
- Bumping R-16 (Route-16 Turbo)
- Panzer Fly Car (I've seen this before, but the screenshot looks like a JungleTac game more than anything)
- Xterk-2 (Geimos. Judging by the title I'm guessing they intended it to be the sequel to Van-1 or something)
- Earth Guard (Volguard II)
- Rouge Brothers (Mario Bros.)
- Smart Acel (Super Arabian?)
- Brush Roll 2 (Brush Roller with a different title, I'm guessing)

The bloke who wrote the article claims that only 38 games are listed there, but I think the other 12 are covered up by that large sticker on the back. That said, there's definitely not 50; at least 4 of them are variations of Track & Field. Also worth pointing out that the page also gives some information on Manley, the company that distributed it.

Edit 2: Turns out I was right on that assumption, if this topic is anything to go by. It also seems to include Diamond, as in that awful Arkanoid ripoff and more Track & Field repeats. Pity I still can't find any info on that Inclement Trip game.

Oh, and while looking at that I also found a page about the 30-in-1 TV games, which erroneously labels F22 as a hack of B-Wings. And the pirates seem to have made the effort to change Mario's name in the Wrecking Crew hack. Also, why is it that with these systems, Door Door and Track & Field are the only games left intact?

And as pointed out there, it's published by the same douches that thought the Snuggie was a good idea.

Edit: Looking through the site I looked at another clone of interest, the "Plug & Play". (which is about as creative as my username :rolleyes: ) I could be wrong, but I think the blue dog on the menu is taken from somewhere or another. Looking at the games:

- City A 2000 is a Battle City hack judging by the name.
- Winbolton Champ looks like Tennis, and I'm pretty sure the name is a really bad misspelling of Wimbledon Champ.
- W.W.F. Law, as well as having a trademark-infringing name, is a hack of M.U.S.C.L.E.
- Top Gun Mission is just Sky Destroyer.
- Autumn Hunt is a really bad hack of Duck Hunt, where the dog is now wearing a blanket for no particular reason. Also note the Game Star copyright, the same company that made those awful 48-in-1 computer Famiclone cartridges.
- On The Road and such are just Road Fighter, except the "Fuel" graphic has now been changed to "Food!"

Also funny is that despite being a mere 15-in-1, over half of the games are repeats.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 06:16:35 AM by Awesome Panda »