Author Topic: Street Fighter Zero 2000?  (Read 4082 times)

Azathoth

• View Profile
Street Fighter Zero 2000?
« on: October 01, 2014, 01:46:37 AM »
Stumbled across a Youtube video of this the other day, the cart is labeled "Street Fighter Zero 2000" (and also 64m..... yeah right). The full title screen displays "Street Fighter EX Zero 2000: Champion Edition".

The guy doesn't actually play the game, he just lets it run through the demo for about a minute. It doesn't have the Capcom or Sega logos nor does it have the skyscraper intro. My first reaction was that it was just another hack of the Turbo beta like SF III: 18 People. However once the title screen fades out it shows Ryu's bio in Japanese, which the beta does not have and could only be taken from the commercial release of the Japanese Special Champion Edition (or SFII' Plus as it's named in Japan).

Because he never played the game it's impossible to tell what's been changed gameplay-wise. The title screen also has a copyright date of 1999-2000 and from the condition of the cart it looks brand new.

Has anyone ever seen or heard anything about this? I have an unhealthy obsession with SFII and I'm intrigued to find out if this is something beyond a crappy title screen hack.

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
Any videos of this game?  >_>

Aleximus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2014, 03:50:05 AM »
http://youtu.be/VHzmif7D6p0 Found this video on the net, it's hack of original SF2 on MD

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2014, 12:04:31 PM »
Aleximus
Nov 5 2014, 03:50:05 AM
http://youtu.be/VHzmif7D6p0 Found this video on the net, it's hack of original SF2 on MD[/quote]Any more info?  <_<

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 04:52:58 AM »
Aleximus
Nov 5 2014, 03:50:05 AM
http://youtu.be/VHzmif7D6p0 Found this video on the net, it's hack of original SF2 on MD[/quote]That video just shows a short clip of a CPU vs CPU battle.... I wonder if anything is actually changed with the game, or only the title screen?

TALUIGI

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2014, 09:44:48 PM »
It's funny to see that the title screen have STREET FIGHTER EX on background but they are so lazy-ass to change that :P

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 02:33:03 PM »
Azathoth
Oct 1 2014, 01:46:37 AM
Stumbled across a Youtube video of this the other day, the cart is labeled "Street Fighter Zero 2000" (and also 64m..... yeah right). The full title screen displays "Street Fighter EX Zero 2000: Champion Edition".

The guy doesn't actually play the game, he just lets it run through the demo for about a minute. It doesn't have the Capcom or Sega logos nor does it have the skyscraper intro. My first reaction was that it was just another hack of the Turbo beta like SF III: 18 People. However once the title screen fades out it shows Ryu's bio in Japanese, which the beta does not have and could only be taken from the commercial release of the Japanese Special Champion Edition (or SFII' Plus as it's named in Japan).

Because he never played the game it's impossible to tell what's been changed gameplay-wise. The title screen also has a copyright date of 1999-2000 and from the condition of the cart it looks brand new.

Has anyone ever seen or heard anything about this? I have an unhealthy obsession with SFII and I'm intrigued to find out if this is something beyond a crappy title screen hack.[/quote]Oh, i clearly understand your obssesion with Street Fighter. i paid a lot for the SFEX SNES game this christmas XD

In the description of the video the uploader says "the chinese people only change the title screen in this one"

Greetings!

Azathoth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2015, 12:12:34 AM »
Moneyspider_Todd
Jan 1 2015, 02:33:03 PM
In the description of the video the uploader says "the chinese people only change the title screen in this one"[/quote]Mystery solved, thanks for clearing this up! Too bad it is only a title screen change. I was hoping it was at least some type of hack similar to the SNES hacks (Champion Edition, Street Fighter III Turbo, etc).

Moneyspider_Todd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 04:21:57 PM »
me too. heck, even a port of that SFEX of snes would be interesting for the genesis/megadrive