Author Topic: Pokémon Diamond  (Read 2254 times)

tomassino

• View Profile
Pokémon Diamond
« on: September 08, 2014, 01:01:44 PM »
Hi to everyone, the last week, i went to trade some carts with a guy, and he sold me this little thing: (click to enlarge)

As you can see, there is almost no defects in the label, no scratches in the frontal plastic, and in the back there are signs of very very low use.
Its former owner was very upset with this game, primarily because he believed he was buying a original pokémon, and because it was in english, weird english, and he never learned english.

Now i have a problem, the battery is dead, i want to replace it, but, i don´t want to remove the sticker that cover the screw hole.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 01:03:57 PM by tomassino »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Pokémon Diamond
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 02:33:40 PM »
then you're out of luck, there's no way you can replace the battery without removing or at least breaking the sticker.. if you're lucky you might be able to peel the sticker off and put it back on, but usually they just break. if I ever have to open something with a sticker like that, I just take a photo to record what the sticker looked like (in case there's anything interesting about it or it reveals something about the manufacturer) and then remove it.

tomassino

• View Profile
Pokémon Diamond
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 06:40:25 PM »
taizou
Sep 10 2014, 02:33:40 PM
then you're out of luck, there's no way you can replace the battery without removing or at least breaking the sticker.. if you're lucky you might be able to peel the sticker off and put it back on, but usually they just break. if I ever have to open something with a sticker like that, I just take a photo to record what the sticker looked like (in case there's anything interesting about it or it reveals something about the manufacturer) and then remove it.[/quote]the sticker is pretty damaged by its former owner, but damaged in a nasty way, only remains the circle that covers the hole itself.
(click to enlarge)
The following image is another label from my "Harry Potter 2"(the bootleg of the bootleg by BBD) in a better state of preservation, it's almost the same sticker
(click to enlarge)

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pokémon Diamond
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 07:05:30 PM »
ah yeah, i've seen similar stickers before, here's the back of my Digimon 9 cart:
http://hhug.me/postimg/9/2.jpg
this "Sun" I guess lasted at least until 2008, but it's often hard to say if text on these things represents the manufacturer, or some distributor, or even just the company that manufactured the seal.. I do have some carts where I know for sure the stickers were applied by the shop that sold them after replacing the battery, and they just stuck their own over the old sticker they broke.

But then (for example) across my various Sintax games there are various different types of stickers, some match up with other non-Sintax carts I have, sometimes you find the same sticker halfway across the world on a cart with nothing in common with another, I have a game bought from China with a sticker in (I think) Indonesian.. it really makes no sense to me. It seems like there were a lot of links in the pirate cart production chain though and the stickers would usually be applied at the last point when the carts were finally assembled, and I guess this might have been done at big distributors in China and other places. Maybe. Or another possibility is they just supplied sheets of stickers to retailers and they were slapped on when the game was sold.

tomassino

• View Profile
Pokémon Diamond
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 02:58:38 AM »
thanks taizou:
No battery replacement for this cartridge, i feel sorry because it's an easy battery replacement, but i wish to maintain the sticker.
Maybe my english is a little awful, but my chinese is inexistent, i can't read even a exit sign in chinese, i don´t know what these ideograms says.
For now, i found this sticker only in this cartridges, after your explanation about these stickers, i find this story very puzzling, we got more questions about it than answers.
I got one sintax's game, but it come to me without sticker, but it isn't representative in my small collection.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Pokémon Diamond
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »
The Chinese text is 拆封不保, just means something like "no guarantee if seal is broken".