Author Topic: A Quest  (Read 5312 times)

Black Squirrel

• View Profile
A Quest
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2014, 04:25:25 PM »
One possible lead I forgot to mention.

"T&T Technology Corp" is a name that keeps popping up, either engraved onto the back of cartridges or as some sort of sticker, and I've seen it once or twice on consoles too. Unfortunately I can't make much headway on it because the name "T&T" is super common across all sorts of industries, although I can't imagine it's still trading under that name today.

fcgamer

• View Profile
A Quest
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »
Azathoth
Sep 12 2014, 12:24:34 AM
On a similar subject has anyone verified that a pirated game actually came with pirated instructions? I'm not talking about unlicensed originals, I mean a genuine counterfeit of a commercial product that came with a reproduced manual.

The closest thing I ever found was a boxed copy of SFII:SCE for MD. There's a scan of both the box and cart of a similar version on the Sega Retro site listed above but both my box and cart are slightly different. The ROM itself is actually a pirate of the Japanese version (Street Fighter II' Plus) and at the time I purchased the cart it was apparently undumped because Goodgen couldn't label it and no other list had a [p] version of the ROM. It came with a manual, but the manual could have been swiped from the HK/Asian version. Paper wise the manual seems legitimate, but there's a few oddities here and there (like lack of warnings or TM's) that make me think its a fake, but I've never been able to find someone with an original copy of the Asian variant to verify it.

Edit...

Also Awesome Panda, on those multi cart picks what is #8 on the shooter named Desendu? And the other with Doremon named Ding Dong?[/quote]I own some Famicom and GB/GBC/GBA stuff with manuals, even though completely bootleg.  At one point I owned some SNES stuff of the same type, CIB.  Not sure about Sega though it wouldnt surprise me.

NintariousFamicreep

• View Profile
A Quest
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 06:30:20 PM »
You want bootleg Sega Genesis games? Buy an AtGames console and thank Devworks!  :D