Author Topic: Sachen "alt" 31in1 and 6in1?  (Read 2390 times)

BigFred

• View Profile
Sachen "alt" 31in1 and 6in1?
« on: August 09, 2014, 04:17:35 AM »
Hello everyone. I'm still wondering about Sachen's Game Boy library. You all know the 31 in 1 Mighty Mix including Thunder Blast Man and Jurassic Boy 2. However you can find a few pictures of a 31in1 cartridge with a different label.

bootleggames wiki Rocman

If you scroll down you find a picture and the description
Quote:

A 31-in-1 Sachen multi featuring the Rocman X Gold version and cover art that was not used anywhere else.[/quote]

Now I wonder: Where does the information about the inclusion of Rocman X actually come from? A bit more research made me discover this old order list from sachen.com.tw available at Nintendoage:

Sachen-Order

If you scroll down you can see the box and cartridge of this version. However in the game list they mention Thunder Blast Man and if you zoom in you can make out "Man" and two words written above which might be Thunder Blast but no chance this is Roc. So the only way this contains Rocman is a mistake on the label/description.

Does anyone actually own this version or did anyone ever see it in the wild at least other than this order list?

Even weirder they also list a Super 6 in 1 (6B-001) I see mentioned nowhere else but they show a real picture of boxart and cartridge. Nintendoage actually included this version in their game list probably due to this picture. Again did anyone ever encounter this release in real life? The fact they show this in their doc-files doesn't automatically mean they actually ever sent it out.

On another note: Currently a portion of Sachen's library is being accurately dumped (not by me) and there were amazing discoveries made during this process. As soon as this is done I will post about it.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 04:19:20 AM by BigFred »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:11:48 AM »
I have it and it does indeed have Rocman X - I guess it's possible that they released a Taiwanese version with Rocman X and an international version with Thunder Blast Man and used the same label for each though.

BigFred

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 04:49:32 AM »
Thank you so much for the confirmation - this helps a lot. Really strange that Sachen couldn't even get their facts right. When this 31in1 is around I'm pretty sure also the 6in1 can be found somewhere.

The 31-in-1 Mighty Mix just got dumped by Tauwasser. Sorry to ask but finding those games is really a nightmare sometimes: Are you willing to lend Tauwasser your game for dumping purposes? Should be easy now unless they changed something for whatever reason. He appears to be very reliable and communication is easy (we are both at no-intro forums). If opening the cart is required: I have found a pretty good method to do so within seconds without causing damage in most cases (I have made a video but need to find the link again where I uploaded it). Most means the shells are a bit different and some are harder to open than others which means it could cause a small white mark in the plastic on the side (which appears when it's bent too much) but not more. In approx. 8 out of 10 cases there is no damage at all. And for the remaining cases I might be able to find an improved method.

We are also desperatly looking for both 16in1, the 6in1 mentioned above and the last single game release 2002 Gedou Zhanlue.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 07:57:53 PM »
yeah absolutely I can lend it to him - I've got 2002 Gedou Zhanlue as well. i've created an account on no-intro (tbh I'm sure I already had one at some point but I can't remember the username) & I'll drop him a message once it's approved.

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 10:24:11 PM »
Taizou is the 2002 Gedou Zhanlue you are talking about the same as the Ge Dou Jian Shen game or is it title screen hack only?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 06:11:32 PM »
The only Ge Dou Jian Shen I know of is Soul Falchion, that has nothing to do with this game whatsoever