Author Topic: Finds  (Read 125790 times)

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #465 on: August 04, 2017, 10:22:01 PM »
I just got a multicart off of Aliexpress for the first time. The sticker showed the start menu for rockman dx3, but it instead contained plain old rockman world 3.

SkyLeague

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #466 on: August 23, 2017, 10:03:45 PM »
I just won a bid for this multicart on ebay. It contains Fire Dragon by Gowin and only costed me $9.

Attachments:
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:51:20 PM by bogus__xtremus »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2017, 04:54:45 PM »
I just got a CIB copy of amazing robot, by Gowin. Well technbically the game does not have a screw in it's back so it is only sort of complete, also it cannot get past the menu without crashing.

Attachments:

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Finds
« Reply #468 on: September 24, 2017, 03:54:20 PM »
I just got a copy of binary monsters. It runs on gba when used with a magic editor card, but unlike some of the color gowin games it retains audio. I couldn't really find much info on it except that it was a tamagotchi clone, and according to gowin website, there is some sort of monster battling system.

Attachments:

houllandng

• View Profile
Re: Finds
« Reply #469 on: November 06, 2018, 09:35:38 PM »
Thanks for every one
IS good massage place

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #470 on: December 17, 2018, 06:56:31 PM »
It’s been a while since anyone has posted anything here, so I figured I’d talk about
some stuff I found when trying out a ruten agent.

I got myself a copy of Pokémon Great Collections, which is a telefang hack
with Pokémon instead of denjuu. Oddly the only system I can get it to work
 on is a gameboy pocket. At first I thought it was broken. I also found an old
 magazine that had a gowin advertisement as the front cover. It is mostly just
 details on games for sega and Sony consoles, mainly the Dreamcast and Sega Saturn.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2020, 08:38:54 PM »
I remember a very long time ago seeing a ROM hack of Primal Rage in a collection of Chinese GBC ROMs. It was called Digimon something or other. I don't think I have ever seen a standalone cartridge with it, but I finally found a multicart that actually has something similar on it. I'll include a picture of the cart, as well as a video of the game. Aside from the Primal Rage hack, the only thing of note on the cart are the Telefang-Pokemon bootlegs, and that terrible bootleg port of Megamania. Also, the cartridge seems to have a problem with loading the monochrome games, which causes them to sometimes load with really hard to see color pallets.

I am pretty sure the ROM I am thinking of it game #22 from this post by zombiekid

http://bootleg.games/BGC_Forum/index.php?topic=1033.0

This hack sort of reminds me of that old "Pokemon Perfect Silver 2002" hack, but I'd be lying if I said I had any evidence proving a relation between the two

Edit: I just noticed that Pepper-98's old blog featured a picture of this cart in the very first entry. I feel like a fool
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 09:15:45 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #472 on: March 30, 2020, 12:46:02 PM »
I just got some stuff in from an eBay auction. The Good Life card game, and a few other Gameboy games, with the misspelling "Geam Byo Color". It also came with a Chinese copy of the first Last Bible game. Oddly, it does not seem to work on my GBA, but works fine on my other systems. Also, despite what the box says, this game is monochrome. Like a lot of these old translations, it cuts out the ability to name your characters. I'll include an IPS patch for it.

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #473 on: April 16, 2020, 02:49:50 PM »
I found a copy of the New Game Color Advance version of Digimon Saphire (same misspelling as their version of Pocket Monster Saphire) on eBay. The game does not seem to have a custom logo, but sadly the ROM does not work in any of my emulators. You can however look at some of the game's graphics by using stuff like YYCHR. PM me if you'd like the non-working ROM, just try not to spread it around (not that there is a functional ROM available to confuse it with)

MWK

• ContraBanda.eu
    • View Profile
    • www.mwk1.prv.pl
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2020, 01:15:08 PM »
Couple of days ago I found it at my local "old school" shop, but since I didn't know it's actual value I didn't take it - I'm posting it attached - does anyone of you can estimate how much could it be worth? .....unfortunately there is only a photo, I don't even know what the games are on it :'(

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2020, 02:23:43 PM »
It does not look like it has any translations/hacks/bootleg (or unlicensed) originals. You probably should try to avoid paying too too much for it

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #476 on: October 17, 2020, 11:33:14 PM »
Recently a friend of mine and I bought some games on Taobao, and he just picked them up today and sent me some pictures. It looks like the rumor that the Telefang 2 English translations didn't work on NDS was incorrect (or maybe there were multiple versions of the game, and later ones just didn't have this issue). I've seen other games with the "BAE-NNN" style id number, but none of them seemed interesting
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 12:21:58 AM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #477 on: May 09, 2021, 04:30:10 PM »
I recently got my hands on some Tian Cai Xiao Zi carts. Unfortunately one of them had their circuit board swapped out before I got it. All of them had holographic stickers which is nice. The one labeled Digimon Sapphire is a hack of Digimon Pocket by Vast Fame despite Vast Fame having released two other games with that name. It has a different title screen and uses the music from the multi cart release of the game. It uses the DIGI. boot logo. The other Tian Cai Xiao Zi game has no custom boot logo and has a lot of borrowed assets. I'll include pictures of the carts (as well as the box and manual for Digimon Sapphire), and videos of Digimon Sapphire and 一指禅功.
Pictures
一指禅功
Digimon Sapphire
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 04:34:27 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #478 on: July 12, 2021, 08:06:27 PM »
Recently I got a few games in the mail. The most interesting one was 數碼精靈 綠寶石, which is the same as 寵物小精靈 結晶塔之王's English release by NGCA, but with Chinese text edited in. This means different music, starting Pokemon, pallet for the main character portrait, and the ability to immediately fight the final boss. The starting Pokemon appear to have the same stats and moves as the starting Digimon from Digimon Pocket, and the main character's portrait has the same pallet as the one in Digimon Pocket. I think I'll call these versions of Vast Fame games that introduce elements from their other games hybrid Vast Fame games. Come to think of it, Digimon Crystal has a hybrid version, and coincidentally that is the version that the NGCA English release of the game is based off of. Digimon Sapphire also uses audio from other Vast Fame games, so if I  had to guess there is a version of it with different music, and the known versions are hybrid versions of the game. The other NGCA English Vast Fame game is Rockman Zero, a hack of Zook 2. Zook 2 also has a hybrid release, Rockman X3. If I has to guess I'd say that Rockman Zero is based on that, does anyone here have the ability to confirm that? Additionally I found a GB-A76E cart for Digimon Diamond by Makon, so I guess I'll be releasing the ROM for that soon, completing the known library of Makon Digimon games. I also found a cart that uses characters from the box art of the color release of Binary Monsters 1 for its sticker art. It also uses Binary Monster's title, but appears to be a hack of a monster raising game. If anyone here could help me identify what it is originally that would be appreciated. I included a screenshot of it.

Edit: The monster raising game is Dino Breeder by J-Wing
Edit: Digital Elves Emerald boot with DIGI. logo
« Last Edit: July 18, 2021, 12:06:26 AM by 瓜瓜龍 »

Ninjinister

• View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 13, 2021, 08:00:05 PM »
Got a PCP-936 cheap AF on eBay, this scratches several itches of mine at once
*Bootleg
*Proprietary cartridge (even if fake)
*Compilations
*Fighting games

Currently trying to track down all the different versions of King Boxing. This version has different characters from the one I have on my YD handheld, which in turn is different from the one in Stuart Ashen's LTPS Handy Game review (from almost 11 years ago to the day!) The Wiki also states that there's versions on the 1.8 Handhelds, which means there's ones in color?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 12:46:59 AM by Ninjinister »