Author Topic: Finds  (Read 128366 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2011, 01:15:24 AM »
It feels like I remember someone finding a connection between X-Boy and Sintax before, but I may be imagining things.

I was surprised to see this version of Mulan, since I've seen a couple other boxes that seemed as much the original as any other. Now that I think about it though I never connected it with X-Boy. Since Hercules clearly uses the same engine, and that game is part of the ES-XXXX ID series(which also includes Sonic Jam 6 and Mario 1998 2 and Pocket Monsters), I wonder if they made all those games too.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:16:05 AM by Barver »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Finds
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 01:22:16 AM »
i think X-Boy was only a publisher though, im sure I posted something about them somewhere (either here or the RX forums) and I found they'd switched to making fishing lures or something. the actual developer was probably some random combination of staff from Chuanpu or Never Ending or Gamtec or BBD or whoever the hell happened to be working together in Taichung at that point in time. :D

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2011, 03:02:24 AM »
Ah that makes more sense. I knew I remembered you tracking them down, just couldn't remember what you found.

They probably all left companies by then that they were at the point of producing these things from their garages:P I mean, you have to wonder if they even bothered with a company name or were a company of any sort by this time.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 03:03:53 AM by Barver »

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #63 on: June 21, 2011, 05:01:44 PM »
I recently bought all the Famicom carts of a nearby store. Unfortunately the cheap Famicom I'm using rejects most of the carts, or runs them all glitchy. It even turns off when I try to use a multicart which includes a Nice Code game  :rolleyes:
Most carts are filled with Hummer Team games, but one of them is a 4-in-1 multicart which actually seems quite nice: "Super Game LP008-10in1MA". Games included are:

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (Japanese version)
2. Contra (American version)
3. Tom and Jerry
4. Mighty Final Fight (American version)
5. "Batman 2" (actually the normal Batman sans the title screen; it starts right after you select the game from the menu without even showing the intro with Batman coming out from his car)
6. Bubble Bobble
7. Conquest of the Crystal Palace (first time I see this game in my whole life!! It even keeps the Asmik copyright)
8. Gradius
9. Popeye
10. Donkey Kong

Two 24K games everybody has to pad out the multi but pretty good overall.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Finds
« Reply #64 on: June 21, 2011, 05:06:10 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Jun 21 2011, 05:01:44 PM
Most carts are filled with Hummer Team games, but one of them is a 4-in-1 multicart which actually seems quite nice: "Super Game LP008-10in1MA". Games included are:

3. Tom and Jerry
5. "Batman 2" (actually the normal Batman sans the title screen; it starts right after you select the game from the menu without even showing the intro with Batman coming out from his car)
6. Bubble Bobble
7. Conquest of the Crystal Palace (first time I see this game in my whole life!! It even keeps the Asmik copyright)
8. Gradius
9. Popeye
10. Donkey Kong

Two 24K games everybody has to pad out the multi but pretty good overall.[/quote]And now I'm officially jealous, mainly because I haven't got half of the games on it. (Nor have I even heard of Conquest of the Crystal Palace, for that matter. I'm guessing it's got nothing to do with the football club :P )

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #65 on: June 21, 2011, 05:20:22 PM »
I'm an idiot, I said it was a 4-in-1 multicart when its clearly a 10-in-1 multi XD
You can keep with mine, Cheetah. I would gladly exchange all my carts for a copy of The Goonies and the Jap version City Connection :P

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #66 on: June 21, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
I have a couple of multicarts with those games if that counts. :D

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #67 on: June 21, 2011, 05:26:21 PM »
Sure. Now just give me a couple of decades to learn how to send stuff to Great Britain... :rolleyes:

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #68 on: June 21, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Jun 21 2011, 05:26:21 PM
Sure. Now just give me a couple of decades to learn how to send stuff to Great Britain... :rolleyes:[/quote]Vice versa to South America. :rolleyes:

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #69 on: June 21, 2011, 05:30:01 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Jun 21 2011, 05:01:44 PM
I recently bought all the Famicom carts of a nearby store. Unfortunately the cheap Famicom I'm using rejects most of the carts, or runs them all glitchy. It even turns off when I try to use a multicart which includes a Nice Code game  :rolleyes:

3. Tom and Jerry
6. Bubble Bobble
8. Gradius
9. Popeye
10. Donkey Kong

Two 24K games everybody has to pad out the multi but pretty good overall.[/quote]What are the carts with Hummer games ?

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #70 on: June 21, 2011, 05:32:27 PM »
Oh, looking through my carts the only one which has both The Goonies and City Connection is the 64-in-1 by Supervision. Fortunately, I have most of the games on other multicarts. :)

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #71 on: June 21, 2011, 05:37:43 PM »
Mostly carts made by "Super Game". Nothing outside the usual, though. These are:

1) Dragon Ball Z 2
2) Power Rangers III / TMNT III / Tecmo Football / Shudu (that crappy Sudoku game by Nice Code)
3) Mortal Kombat IV / Mortal Kombat V / Jungle Book / "Wrestle War" (actually that old wrestling game by Data East whose name I can't remember now)
4) Mortal Kombat IV / Chip To Dale No Daisakusen II / Adventure Island / Ferrari
5) Tekken II / Tecmo Football / Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle / Mighty Final Fight (Japan)
6) Mortal Kombat IV (for a change!) / Power Rangers III / Batman / Magic Carpet 1001
7) Somari

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #72 on: June 21, 2011, 05:38:27 PM »
Well nice !

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #73 on: June 21, 2011, 05:39:12 PM »
Cheetahmen
Jun 21 2011, 05:32:27 PM
Oh, looking through my carts the only one which has both The Goonies and City Connection is the 64-in-1 by Supervision. Fortunately, I have most of the games on other multicarts. :)[/quote]MY GOD! You have that 64-in-1???!!!! I want it!!  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
It was my first Fami multi but I lost it many years ago  :P

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #74 on: June 21, 2011, 05:51:07 PM »
Ninja-Kun
Jun 21 2011, 05:39:12 PM
Cheetahmen
Jun 21 2011, 05:32:27 PM
Oh, looking through my carts the only one which has both The Goonies and City Connection is the 64-in-1 by Supervision. Fortunately, I have most of the games on other multicarts. :)[/quote]MY GOD! You have that 64-in-1???!!!! I want it!!  :'(  :'(  :'(  :'(
It was my first Fami multi but I lost it many years ago  :P [/quote]I'll trade you it for that 10-in-1. I needs mahself some Bubble Bobble. cool: