Author Topic: Finds  (Read 126586 times)

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 02:48:47 AM »
@Cheetahmen: I love the box art for NewGame's version of Lupin. At least they used relevant art on the K4303 cart, but the NewGame cart is so incongruous it looks like something out of NT's library. (Of course, K4303 has its own silliness with Super Mario Knight Rider...)

Also, what does the embossed text say in the oval above the label on the GameStar cart? (Or am I seeing text where there isn't any? :) )
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 02:49:37 AM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Finds
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 07:27:47 AM »
codeman38
Dec 24 2010, 02:48:47 AM
@Cheetahmen: At least they used relevant art on the K4303 cart, but the NewGame cart is so incongruous it looks like something out of NT's library. (Of course, K4303 has its own silliness with Super Mario Knight Rider...)

Also, what does the embossed text say in the oval above the label on the GameStar cart? (Or am I seeing text where there isn't any? :) )[/quote]The K4303 did use relevant art for Lupin, but for some odd reason both the label and menu call it Arthur Robin. As for the Super Mario Kart art in Knight Rider, I haven't got a clue, makes just as much sense as using A Bugs Life art for Pac-Man. :lol:

As for that embossed text, it's difficult to read thanks to a horrible handwritten-style font, but I think it says Aisonic. Also worth pointing out that there's a CE logo engraved on the back so I assume it was released somewhere in Europe.

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 02:25:56 AM »
:JY:

Originak box for Super Mario World (The one for JY-028 instead of 028).

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 05:39:23 AM »
Unlike the 028 one, this is a box as big as the cartridge I guess? Just like that Somari.

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 05:49:59 AM »
No, take a look at the second picture on FW It is just made to make the cartridge fit in it.. The only JY games that have larger boxes are Mortal Kombat II Special and probably Aladdin. But I do not know if theses were sold with manuals.

Also if you had the choice between a good condition Kart Fighter and Mortal Kombat II Special (boxed), which one would you buy ?

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 06:09:07 AM »
Is the Kart Fighter boxed? Considering how you never see MKII Special much, let alone boxed, I'd go with it since Kart Figher I guess is more common. But if Kart Fighter's also boxed, I'd go for it instead.

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 06:18:55 AM »
Ok. Kart Fighter's loose but in excellent condition. But I guess I'll go with MK2. It's an hard choice for mer because I love Kart Fighter but missing a boxed JY game would make me sad for months...

EDIT: Well I ended up getting Mortal Kombat II Special. I guess I've made a good decision. Still need to find another perfect condition Kart Fighter now...
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 04:28:09 PM by MLX »

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 12:34:32 AM »
Have you ever seen a boxed Kart Fighter btw? With how uncommon it is to find pirates with boxes, it makes me question how many of them ever originally had one.

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 05:27:39 AM »
I think many publisher were putting boxes to their original games. You wouldn't see a boxed Super Mario Bros. because many publisher would sell it without box (production cost).

But as JY was the only one publishing these, they could make some nice looking boxes. Same for Ge De Industry, Sachen and other. I believe all Ge De Industry games were boxed. Kart Fighter is still a mistery. Maybe a box exist because on the label you see that some character are cut (the box would have the whole picture).

Also the reason why we do not see boxed JY/Ge De games outside of taiwan is due to shipping cost. They were sending pcb and labels to other countries but adding a box would have cost more.

For some reason manufacturers stopped to make box during middle 1996 for their games. Shin Samurai Spirits 2 is the last known boxed JY game.

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 08:00:52 AM »
Never knew that. That explains why I found an Earthworm Jim 2 from Uruguay inside a cartridge mold that says Nikita on it I guess.

Speaking of Earthworm Jim I wonder if any of those had a box originally. It's just cardboard but pirates with boxes is just so damn appealing. I'm sure you know what I mean =p

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 06:40:56 PM »
You got it from Tchoin (ewj2) ? Same for MK3T ? He was going to sell me both but he ended up not responding to my pm anymore.

NT is too lazy to make for their pirates so I guess no. Also I've never see a boxed Super Game game (that sounds wrong) and as EWJ by Super game is rare as hell, I don't think, if there are any existing copy, a box survided.

Quote:

It's just cardboard but pirates with boxes is just so damn appealing[/quote]
Yup.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2011, 03:33:19 PM »
The Super Color 25-in-1 for the Game Boy, which boasts that it has no repeats. Bought this off eBay recently, and it's a surprisingly awesome multicart. It has 3 save slots for the Pokémon games, which are the actual games as opposed to being cheap hacks of other ones or the horrible Pokémon Adventure by Yong Yong. And apart from Pokémon Green and whatever Pokémon Stadium is actually called, all of them appear to be in English. Also worth pointing out that despite there being a few typos on the cart, all of the names on the menu are spelled correctly.

1. Pokémon Gold
2. Pokémon Silver
3. Pokémon Yellow
4. Pokémon Red
5. Pokémon Blue
6. Pokémon Green (this one's in Japanese as opposed to a really bad Engrish translation)
7. Pokémon Trading Card Game
8. Pokémon Stadium (Chinese translation of a Pokémon game I don't recognise)
9. Adventure Island III (Japanese version)
10. Bonk's Adventure
11. Snow Bros
12. Nintendo World Cup
13. Nekketsu Koukou Dodge Ball-Bu (which appears to be the Game Boy version of Super Dodge Ball)
14. Ultraman Ball (that is the actual name, in case you're wondering. Incidentally, this one seems to be a ripoff of Sonic the Hedgehog)
15. Bubble Bobble
16. Castlevania: The Adventure
17. Hero Shuugou!! Pinball Party
18. Contra: The Alien Wars (odd that they use the Japanese name on the cart and menu when the actual game is the American version)
19. Alleyway (mediocre Breakout derivative)
20. Tetris
21. Battle City (just like the Famicom version)
22. Mogura de Pon!
23. Asteroids
24. Side Pocket
25. Double Dragon II (guess I should consider myself lucky I own the cartridge of the first game)

Spoiler: click to toggle

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Finds
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2011, 03:52:40 PM »
could you take a screenshot of Pokemon Stadium? sounds like it might be an original.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »
Come to think of it, I think it is a pirate original or at least a hack. It's made by Good Life, who also made that Monster Dragon Tactics Card game. Presumably, it's a hack of another game with Pokémon graphics added to make it look original. Also, I apologise for the ridiculously large images, I should probably alter the settings on my camera at some point. Oh, and it'd be a help if you could translate the Chinese on the title screen.

Spoiler: click to toggle

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2011, 05:43:31 PM »
Hm, yet another game by that mysterious "Good Life" company... whose only product seems to be Pokemon bootlegs. And I see you mentioned that in your post, heh.

I'm still curious if their games are actually hacks or not-- the ones I've seen all seem to be originals that are based on other games, but not direct copies.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 05:44:19 PM by codeman38 »