Author Topic: Shouldn't this be the official forum of the wiki?  (Read 4218 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Shouldn't this be the official forum of the wiki?
« on: August 21, 2010, 05:21:50 AM »
One of the things that's really lacking out there is a pirate-centric community. So far it's just a bunch of scattered forums on websites that only cover certain pirates they own, and usually only for one system. This wiki I believe should finally be "it", the main site to go to for all pirates for all systems, any information available.

But in order for it to really be a complete community, it needs a proper message board. Right now the wiki just links to some other wiki integrated thing that's hard to navigate and not pleasant to look at. I think it makes sense that this forum become the main community center of the website. Right now, this forum is only something that a few select people can get to from knowing about it on the RX Forums. It really deserves to be more, especially since the RX community is like the only other forum where people discuss all this stuff, yet it's not pirate-centric like this place is.

In short, this forum should be made more obvious to be THE place for pirates, and be officially part of the wiki. Then we might actually get a real community, rather than a few guys from RX  :lol:  To tell the truth, I've been personally thinking of starting my own website that covers pirates of all systems, but the more I think about it, the more it seems that any other site would be needless so long as there's a main site for everything plus a forum for everything.

What does everybody else think?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 08:18:52 AM »
Yeah, I absolutely agree, but we'd need to publicise the wiki itself too - pretty much all the active editors on the wiki post here already, and its quite hard to find on Google unless youre already looking for it.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »
I guess advertisement on other forums is needed. I'll make a post on Assembler and other boards I frequent I guess, should get things up a bit I think.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »
Barver, I would have to agree with you on this. I wish I can go advertise however I am extremely busy at the moment (plus the only other forum I go to doesn't seem interested). However, I'd love to see it as a whole community myself.

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 11:22:07 AM »
The only thing which make me less happy is that people are going to ""steal"" our stuff and the hours of research we made to understand the story of pirate stuff. (Yeah it doesn't make much sense with Engrish).

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
MLX
Aug 21 2010, 11:22:07 AM
The only thing which make me less happy is that people are going to ""steal"" our stuff and the hours of research we made to understand the story of pirate stuff. (Yeah it doesn't make much sense with Engrish).[/quote]Do you mean those clones of Wikipedia or other forums? And I agree that this should be intertwined with the Wiki.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »
personally I dont mind if people "steal" anything, i'd rather spread the knowledge than have everyone repeating the same old misconceptions that have been around for years (like that theyre "HK originals"). Its all creative commons anyway.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »
Don't forget people calling the NES Super Mario World a prototype and people thinking Sonic 3D Blast 5 came before Somari.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2010, 03:34:21 PM »
just added a link to the forums to the wiki sidebar.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 02:37:57 AM »
taizou
Aug 21 2010, 01:40:32 PM
personally I dont mind if people "steal" anything[/quote]This! :)