Author Topic: Transylvania III  (Read 5650 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2013, 03:59:52 PM »
KAGE-008
Nov 29 2013, 10:30:40 AM
Then dunno if it's a pirate original. Or maybe it was never released.[/quote]I am guessing probably never released, though the advert doesn't give anything other than a name.

As for the Castlevania III theory, has anyone actually seen a bootleg of this game?  To date, I never have, though I guess it's possible.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Transylvania III
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2013, 08:04:28 PM »
fcgamer
Nov 28 2013, 01:04:37 PM
As for TIII, I believe it might not be a hack.  Here are the other games listed in the same advert.  Please take note of who developed all of these games.

Adam and Eve
Balloon Monster
Booky Man
Cosmos Cop
Gulf War
Fighting Hero
Happy Pairs
Hit Marmot
Honey Peach (Strip show)
Magical Mathematics
Magic Block
Magic Carpet
Pokey
Porter
Pyramid 1
Transylvania III

If you note, ALL of the other games are unlicensed originals by either NTDEC or Sachen.  It therefore makes the most logical sense that Transylvania III would follow suit with the above, and not be a hack of anything, rather an unlicensed original.

I actually thought that TIII might be an alternative name for Hell Fighter or something along that lines, but of course I don't know.[/quote]just out of curiosity, what was the source of this advert?

Kid Dracula is sometimes referred to as Castlevania 3 by pirates so it could be that.. but you never know I guess.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2013, 03:08:00 AM »
Kid Dracula is the best guess so far, if it is indeed not an original title.

Source was a reprint instruction manual for Magic Block.