Author Topic: Transylvania III  (Read 5592 times)

fcgamer

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« on: November 27, 2013, 12:18:51 AM »
Does anyone here know of an unlicensed original game known as Transylvania III, or something similar to that?

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Transylvania III
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:47:29 AM »
Not here sadly :\ It'd be good if there were images of the cart itself and its footage.

Barver

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 02:18:25 AM »
Feels like it'd be someone's rom hack. Hope you get your moneys worth, assuming you bought something.

dragon2snow

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:33:32 AM »
In two days from purchase to Taiwan no DUMPED rare game card , all smashed after DUMPED

fcgamer

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:37 PM »
dragon2snow
Nov 27 2013, 05:33:32 AM
In two days from purchase to Taiwan no DUMPED rare game card , all smashed after DUMPED[/quote]You smash the games after dump, no way I will ever send you my cart to get dumped, whether you are from Taiwan or Africa.

Transylvania III, I do not have this game, saw it advertised with some other NTDEC and Sachen games.  Just simple text advertisement, no pictures, no description, nothing.  That is why I ask if someone has heard of it, because I never have.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 04:11:07 PM »
fcgamer
Nov 27 2013, 02:13:37 PM
You smash the games after dump, no way I will ever send you my cart to get dumped, whether you are from Taiwan or Africa.[/quote]Then send it to CaH4e3. He's the only trustable dumper as far as I can tell.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Transylvania III
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 04:31:31 PM »
Isn't he on a break at the moment? I'd send some stuff to him if I could.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2013, 04:35:26 PM »
Awesome Panda
Nov 27 2013, 04:31:31 PM
Isn't he on a break at the moment? I'd send some stuff to him if I could.[/quote]As far as I'm aware, he's still updating FCEU-mm. So he's probably back.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 12:17:05 AM »
KAGE-008
Nov 27 2013, 04:35:26 PM
Awesome Panda
Nov 27 2013, 04:31:31 PM
Isn't he on a break at the moment? I'd send some stuff to him if I could.[/quote]As far as I'm aware, he's still updating FCEU-mm. So he's probably back.[/quote]Last I've heard, he's been in Montenegro I believe, working.  I trust him as a dumper, but if I sent the game to him, I think it could honestly be a few years before I got it back, and that just isn't worth it to me.  I'd rather spend that time playing the game and enjoying it.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 09:09:11 AM »
You could actually ask him to check how much does it cost to get the game back and send some money to help him out with that.
And I also believe TIII is a hack, judging by its name.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »
SpaceNinja
Nov 28 2013, 09:09:11 AM
And I also believe TIII is a hack, judging by its name.[/quote]Or possibly a box variation with the original C3:DC game inside.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
Or just a simple title screen logo hack, who knows.
I had some games with weird cartridge stickers...

fcgamer

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2013, 01:04:37 PM »
SpaceNinja
Nov 28 2013, 09:09:11 AM
You could actually ask him to check how much does it cost to get the game back and send some money to help him out with that.
And I also believe TIII is a hack, judging by its name.[/quote]It is nothing to do with the cost of getting the game back...it costs what, $10 - $20 to send a game internationally, with registered mail?  It really isn't a matter of me being cheap, or being unable to afford it, or whatever.  But when we are talking about a game of this rarity, that cost me quite a sum, I just cannot risk sending it out in the mail to someone I don't know, in a semi-unstable country, for maybe a year or two before I get it back.  I have never dumped a game, though I have had some games of mine get dumped before (some protos), and the wait is always uncomfortable, until it arrives safely back.

As for TIII, I believe it might not be a hack.  Here are the other games listed in the same advert.  Please take note of who developed all of these games.

Adam and Eve
Balloon Monster
Booky Man
Cosmos Cop
Gulf War
Fighting Hero
Happy Pairs
Hit Marmot
Honey Peach (Strip show)
Magical Mathematics
Magic Block
Magic Carpet
Pokey
Porter
Pyramid 1
Transylvania III

If you note, ALL of the other games are unlicensed originals by either NTDEC or Sachen.  It therefore makes the most logical sense that Transylvania III would follow suit with the above, and not be a hack of anything, rather an unlicensed original.

I actually thought that TIII might be an alternative name for Hell Fighter or something along that lines, but of course I don't know.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 01:06:32 PM by fcgamer »

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2013, 04:15:39 PM »
The III makes it intriguing then.
I still remember MC1001 as Aladdin ... III! What if it's a graphical hack of that game with a Transylvanian setting?

KAGE-008

• View Profile
Transylvania III
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 10:30:40 AM »
Then dunno if it's a pirate original. Or maybe it was never released.