Author Topic: Will trade my PS4 for rare Gamate games  (Read 2297 times)

Mr. Postman

• View Profile
Will trade my PS4 for rare Gamate games
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:05:53 AM »
Hi, I'm willing to trade my PS4 console for rare Gamate games

The PS4 came out just 2 days ago, so it has been barely used and is adult owned. I've opened it and I love it, but I just love oldschool games too much.

Before a trade could be initiated, I would like a photograph taken of said goods with your username written on a piece of paper & included in the photo. I will happily do the same in return.

I will do a straight trade of my boxed PS4 console for a mix of rare Gamate titles.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:39:01 PM by Mr. Postman »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 12:27:02 AM »
Good luck.  If I'm remembering right, Rebel Star's rare as all hell (even compared to other A'Can games.)  I somehow doubt someone's gonna give up old rare games for a new game system.

Mr. Postman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 12:28:47 AM »
Star-Spangled Shazam
Nov 18 2013, 12:27:02 AM
Good luck.  If I'm remembering right, Rebel Star's rare as all hell (even compared to other A'Can games.)  I somehow doubt someone's gonna give up old rare games for a new game system.[/quote]Figured it was worth a shot, I thought the last copy of Rebel Star sold for around $350. I figure a 2-day old $399 PS4 is a fair trade and easily in the same monetary ballpark, especially considering holiday inflation for the PS4. People give up old rare games all the time just to pay bills, I know I have.

I would rather own Rebel Star than a PS4. I hope that someone would rather own a PS4 than Rebel Star.  :)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:38:50 AM by Mr. Postman »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 12:40:04 AM »
Yeah, but you're asking for already-rare games that are only gonna get more rare over time by offering a system that (momentarily) is hard to come by unless you pre-ordered it and is only gonna become more common and inexpensive over time.  Unless there's someone with a bunch of spare A'Can/Gamate games and really wants a PS4 (either to play or, likely, to resell it) I can't see it being that effective, personally.

Mr. Postman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 12:47:03 AM »
Star-Spangled Shazam
Nov 18 2013, 12:40:04 AM
Yeah, but you're asking for already-rare games that are only gonna get more rare over time by offering a system that (momentarily) is hard to come by unless you pre-ordered it and is only gonna become more common and inexpensive over time.  Unless there's someone with a bunch of spare A'Can/Gamate games and really wants a PS4 (either to play or, likely, to resell it) I can't see it being that effective, personally.[/quote]I collect Gamate games, do you? Gamate games are arse rare. Nobody collects them though.
What I'm asking is to trade something worth X for another item worth X. Not asking for Y or Z, just X.

Is a $2000 car as cool as a $2000 game? No way, no how. But money is needed to buy that $2000 car anyway.

A pS4 for Rebel Star is a fair trade as far as monetary value is concerned. Straight up fair.

Is Rebel star cooler? Sure it is, that's why I'm offering my PS4 up for trade for it. They both cost the same, and it's a fair trade for someone that owns rebel star and would rather own a PS4.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 12:48:51 AM by Mr. Postman »

Pepper-98

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 12:52:57 AM »
I'm just saying that I personally don't see it really being a sound plan with all things considered.  You're welcome to try it and god bless you if you do get an offer.

Mr. Postman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 12:55:49 AM »
Star-Spangled Shazam
Nov 18 2013, 12:52:57 AM
I'm just saying that I personally don't see it really being a sound plan with all things considered.  You're welcome to try it and god bless you if you do get an offer.[/quote]No doubt friend, and thanks for your input and support.

By any chance do you collect for the Gamate? I own the only copy of the last Gamate game ever made titled "Insect War". I paid $399 and have no regrets (It's boxed and complete with manual too). I would never trade that game for a copy of Rebel Star ever.

Mr. Postman
Nov 18 2013, 12:55:49 AM
Star-Spangled Shazam
Nov 18 2013, 12:52:57 AM
I'm just saying that I personally don't see it really being a sound plan with all things considered.  You're welcome to try it and god bless you if you do get an offer.[/quote]No doubt friend, and thanks for your input and support.

By any chance do you collect for the Gamate? I own the only copy of the last Gamate game ever made titled "Insect War". I paid $399 and have no regrets (It's boxed and complete with manual too). I would never trade that game for a copy of Rebel Star ever. [/quote]The users Taizou and Macaw can vouch that I'm a long-term collector. They're both the other biggest & active Gamate collectors that I know of.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 01:06:56 AM by Mr. Postman »