Author Topic: Flashcarts, Emulators, and Titenic  (Read 2376 times)

Missingno255

• View Profile
Flashcarts, Emulators, and Titenic
« on: September 29, 2013, 05:41:02 PM »
So, I had recently gotten Everdrive N8 was quite pleasantly surprised to find out that Titenic runs on Mapper 4. Now this game doesn't work in any known NES emulator that I have (Either sits at the non-existant title screen or locks up). So I was quite shocked to find out that the game actually WORKS on real hardware with Everdrive N8. The only problem is that most of the graphics (Not all of them.) are glitched in some way.
I found out this from research:
Nestopia: Loads game, but you can't get any further than the blank title screen. Controls are locked.
FCEUmm: Same as Nestopia.
FCEUX GX: Playable ONLY on the first screen of the first level. Game crashes when trying to enter the kitchen area. Graphics not glitched.
Real Hardware (Famicom/NES): Playable! Graphics will be severely corruped (I assume due to mapper problems?) in some places and some will be normal. I played up to Rose's first level and no crashes, so I assume it will not crash thereafter (No guarantees though. :P).

Just some findings I thought I should share with you guys!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 06:45:06 PM by Missingno255 »

brightentayle

• A Very Punchy
  • Cutting yourself is fun, as long as you're paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 08:53:41 AM »
Missingno255
Sep 29 2013, 05:41:02 PM
So, I had recently gotten Everdrive N8 was quite pleasantly surprised to find out that Titenic runs on Mapper 4. Now this game doesn't work in any known NES emulator that I have (Either sits at the non-existant title screen or locks up). So I was quite shocked to find out that the game actually WORKS on real hardware with Everdrive N8. The only problem is that most of the graphics (Not all of them.) are glitched in some way.
I found out this from research:
Nestopia: Loads game, but you can't get any further than the blank title screen. Controls are locked.
FCEUmm: Same as Nestopia.
FCEUX GX: Playable ONLY on the first screen of the first level. Game crashes when trying to enter the kitchen area. Graphics not glitched.
Real Hardware (Famicom/NES): Playable! Graphics will be severely corruped (I assume due to mapper problems?) in some places and some will be normal. I played up to Rose's first level and no crashes, so I assume it will not crash thereafter (No guarantees though. :P).

Just some findings I thought I should share with you guys! [/quote]To your information, Titenic works perfectly on the FCEU 0.98.15 (which is, pretty much, unmodified: no mm or X stuff after its' title). The FCEUmm does run it as well, but exclusively on its' multicart of origin.

The reason the emulation of this one pretty much sucks is because it's, obviously, a pure rip from the multicart. Considering this is the most complete build of Titenic that Hummer has ever produced, it doesn't feel as complete in sense that there's a lot of stuff buried in its' ROM. Pretty much even more than in any other game you can name: title screen, cutscenes, several enemies, save/load feature (?)... I dunno how come the Start button doesn't work in most emulators, but I'm pretty sure that neither the original console needed that, since 15-in-1 multi runs the thing through a certain address. Wait, that's two addresses, actually.

Still, I'm kinda surprised you've managed to run it on a flashie!  :pandaaway:

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 03:29:08 PM »
Hmm... Beat this one last year, but forgot to publish it.