Author Topic: Undumped/unlisted GB Englsh Dragonball Pirate Translation - Dragon Ball Z 3  (Read 1951 times)

recorderdude

• View Profile
I've already told Rob about this one, but recently one of my friends (RGXSuperSonic) informed me that he discovered a few old Dragonball Z GB pirates in his basement, Compelete in Box. We've identified both to be copies of the two licensed Dragonball Z games for the original GameBoy. One of them is Dragonball Z - Gokuu Hishouden and appears to be  the t+Chinese dump with "WOOD" and a pro yakuu baseball player on the screen before the game.

The other game, however, is a pirate of Dragonball Z - Gokuu Hekitouden, but is completely translated to english (bad engrish) and is titled on the box "Dragon Ball Z 3". I haven't seen this game on BGW's undumped list or found a page for it, but RGX found a few comments on the original game's ending from people stating they played the game in english as kids. For now, here's a few pictures of the physical game and a video of the game's opening and some gameplay.

pics:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Vid:

The person who owns the cartridge doesn't have a GB dumper, but we're unsure if the scene is interested in the first place.

I'll check back here later. For now, RC out!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 08:16:37 PM by recorderdude »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Undumped/unlisted GB Englsh Dragonball Pirate Translation - Dragon Ball Z 3
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 08:42:06 PM »
oh wow, never seen that before. judging by the font I guess it was done by the same people as Pokemon Jade/Diamond.

Anyway I'd definitely be interested in dumping it, if the cartridge owner is willing to lend it to me- PM me or email me at cactusgunman@gmail.com if thats a possibility. thanks!

wyndcrosser

• View Profile
I've been working on a Japanese to English translation of this game, did you guys ever dump it?