Author Topic: Mortal Kombat II Special based on SNES MK2 Beta  (Read 4126 times)

Super_Famiclone

• View Profile
Mortal Kombat II Special based on SNES MK2 Beta
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »
Ever wondered why in MK2 Special main menu doesn't have "start/options" text, Jax' pants are blue, and Rayden is spelled Raiden? That's because it was based on the SNES MK2 Beta version! I know that this info is useless, just a little trivia for you guys  :rolleyes:
Check the pics (MK2 Special / MK2 Beta / MK2 Final):

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 11:34:47 AM »
Makes sense for the most part, but if this is true then I'm wondering where Hummer Team could've possibly got the beta from back in the mid-90s.

Super_Famiclone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 11:46:45 AM »
Cheetahmen
Apr 5 2011, 11:34:47 AM
Makes sense for the most part, but if this is true then I'm wondering where Hummer Team could've possibly got the beta from back in the mid-90s.[/quote]Maybe they didn't have access for the beta itself, but used the prerelease pictures from magazines at the start of MK2 Special development, and when they've got the actual MK2 cart, to finish their work, they just were too lazy to redo what was already done.

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:02:53 PM »
Wow, that is a bit odd. This isn't Hummer's only time they copied something from the beta either. (Hummer's Final Fight 3's cut scenes are based off of the beta FF3)

MLX

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 08:19:55 AM »
Maybe J.Y. Company also worked as an importer for games in Taïwan and they eventually asked for prototype before the release of  a game to advertise it and it somehow landed in Hummer Team hands. That's the only thing I can think of and it would be the same for FF3.

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 10:24:45 AM »
Hey! that's some preety cool stuff!