Author Topic: Goodbye  (Read 2733 times)

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Goodbye
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:37:28 AM »
I've done quite a lot for the community, and all I get it hate and unkind 'jokes' from some people (including staff) on the IRC. Mostly about me being a brony. I'm not even the only person who gets made fun of. Tpgb12 and KAGE-008 get it too..

What's the point? I hardly get ANY recognition for things I've helped with, and I seem like a joke to some. This is goodbye for now, maybe until those certain people change their views.

fcgamer

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 08:05:06 AM »
RobGBA
Nov 20 2013, 05:37:28 AM
I've done quite a lot for the community, and all I get it hate and unkind 'jokes' from some people (including staff) on the IRC. Mostly about me being a brony. I'm not even the only person who gets made fun of. Tpgb12 and KAGE-008 get it too..

What's the point? I hardly get ANY recognition for things I've helped with, and I seem like a joke to some. This is goodbye for now, maybe until those certain people change their views.[/quote]I haven't really chatted with you, and I don't visit the IRC, so I really can't comment on those aspects.

On the other hand, I'm just gonna throw something out there.  From about 1998 or 1999 to 2006 or so I ran a large NES website, and did tons of research and discovered many things, some of which are now outdated, though many aren't.  Back then I was craving for recognition, but the older I got, the more I realized that recognition is the least important reason to be doing these sorts of things.

Hope things get straightened out for you though bro :)

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 09:56:31 AM »
Aww I hope we can still be friends Robbie :(

Smedis2

• View Profile
Goodbye
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 05:38:33 PM »
That's the thing, they were jokes. We have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING against you. Infact, the people you mentioned (tpgb12 and KAGE) you've made fun of too. How can you say all of these things and not take into consideration the things you've done as well?
I apologize if this comes off as a bit harsh, but still.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Goodbye
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »
BRUSH ROLLER
Nov 20 2013, 05:38:33 PM
We have NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING against you.[/quote]I'll say the same to be honest. Heck, I've had to overcome a lot of issues at school this year, which led to misunderstandings that might take a year or two to be fully solved. I remember having a worse one with a girl back in 2002-2003, and when I met that person two years later, I realized she was ignoring all things I said and then wanted to be different.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 05:53:31 PM by KAGE-008 »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Goodbye
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2013, 06:19:11 PM »
well i'm sorry to see you go, i hope you'll be back soon ):

& yeah i dont think you should mistake some of the stupid shit people say on irc for "hate", i don't think anyone actually has a problem with you at all. if you find someones jokes offensive then you should say so, because i certainly dont think anyones setting out to upset you or anyone else (& if they were i wouldnt want to associate with them)
fcgamer

On the other hand, I'm just gonna throw something out there. From about 1998 or 1999 to 2006 or so I ran a large NES website, and did tons of research and discovered many things, some of which are now outdated, though many aren't. Back then I was craving for recognition, but the older I got, the more I realized that recognition is the least important reason to be doing these sorts of things.[/quote]
yeah i agree with this - very few people give a fuck about most of the stuff i do. i'm working on a project now which probably even fewer people will care about & i'm only doing it because its something i personally find interesting. do things for yourself first & if you get some recognition then that's just a nice bonus.

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
Goodbye
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2013, 07:00:07 PM »
taizou
Nov 20 2013, 06:19:11 PM
yeah i agree with this - very few people give a fuck about most of the stuff i do. i'm working on a project now which probably even fewer people will care about & i'm only doing it because its something i personally find interesting. do things for yourself first & if you get some recognition then that's just a nice bonus.[/quote]When I started making my pirate game videos back in mid-late 2010, I didn't care for recognition at all. Anyways that's something I personally find interesting; however my other PC's death led me to do my stuff slowly. This applies the same for my drawings.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 07:14:21 PM by KAGE-008 »