Author Topic: GB USB smart card  (Read 5220 times)

Chowdit1

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« on: June 21, 2013, 06:52:57 PM »
This is a GameBoy flashcart that is most better, than BlUSB. That flashcart sucked. Anyways, being the best flashcart for GameBoy, either ways, it still isn't all that great, but there are good things, too.

This cartridge comes with a USB wire, and a mini CD, to use the extractor.

The extractor mostly sucks. You literally got to make a multicart, on a page, if you want to have multiple games. Otherwise, put 1 in each. And the cartridge, where do I begin? Well, it has alot problems with the GameShark (original GameBoy version), and the Super GameBoy. The cartridge also (I think) has a SRAM for the saving utility, but I've never tested it. Also, the cartridge is meant for GameBoy and GameBoy Color. The demo/test ROM, called "ADVENTURE.GB" is like a maze that has no rules, yeah VERY BORING. Yeah, not absolutely worth the $40 that I got it of.

GameShark bugs/glitches:
It almost reacts like, "Hey get this thing off-a me." Also, it will NEVER go to the first page, just only the second, with the GameShark.

Super GameBoy:
The music and sound does not play, but then all of a sudden, the music and sound worked.

Unfortunately, my original GameBoy was broken, so I never tested it on it, just the GameBoy Color.

By the way, I got the cartridge, brand new.

The product was made by Kitsch-Bent.

*update 6-23-13*
Whoa! Hold on! Wait! Whoa! Now it's playing the first page with the GameShark? *facepalm*  :facepalm:  This flash cart is SO messed up.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 07:34:35 PM by Chowdit1 »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
GB USB smart card
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 05:07:41 AM »
This should probably be moved out of Pirate Discussion.

MLX

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 05:10:58 AM »
To answer your question on the wiki, its a flash cart so no, it doesn't belong there.

Chowdit1

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 08:29:10 AM »
MLX
Jun 22 2013, 05:10:58 AM
To answer your question on the wiki, its a flash cart so no, it doesn't belong there.[/quote]So, I should delete it?

Picrodus

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 05:02:24 PM »
Well, you said it had a game on it, is it hacked off something, is it an original game? If it's not Nintendo lisenced then it might be worthy of an entry.

Chowdit1

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 05:41:04 PM »
Picrodus
Jun 22 2013, 05:02:24 PM
Well, you said it had a game on it, is it hacked off something, is it an original game? If it's not Nintendo licensed then it might be worthy of an entry.[/quote]Yeah, the game it comes with a game that is called "ADVENTURE". Which is basically a maze that has no rules, and has no value whatsoever. Yes, the game was made by Kitsch-Bent, so it's an unlicensed game.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 02:36:10 PM by Chowdit1 »

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
GB USB smart card
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 05:42:55 PM »
Chowdit1
Jun 22 2013, 05:41:04 PM
Yeah, the game it comes with is called "ADVENTURE". Which is basically a maze that has no rules, and has no value whatsoever.[/quote]That's also a homebrew ROM like you said.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 05:43:10 PM by KAGE-008 »

Chowdit1

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 02:40:38 PM »
So delete or don't delete?

KAGE-008

• View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Starlink3854
GB USB smart card
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 02:41:54 PM »
Chowdit1
Jun 23 2013, 02:40:38 PM
So delete or don't delete?[/quote]Do that if you wish.

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
GB USB smart card
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2013, 02:45:54 PM »
Eh, you should probably delete it, yeah.

Chowdit1

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2013, 07:38:18 PM »
Xanver
Jun 23 2013, 02:45:54 PM
Eh, you should probably delete it, yeah.[/quote]I don't to start doing something similar of one thing that I did on Skeetendo (hint: not the reason in the video on YouTube, that I made), but I'm kinda waiting for Taizou to come and see if I should delete this. I have not noticed him/her around in the past 2 days.

Picrodus

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2013, 07:58:24 PM »
I mean I really don't see any point in deleting this. It's already here and gives some information on a homebrew that I'm sure most of us didn't know about. Chowdit1, do you have a video of the homebrew on YouTube? I mean another unlisenced game, it may not be the best one from what Chowdit1 said, but isn't this place to spread discussion on both pirate and unlisenced games?

Superjustinbros

• View Profile
    • http://superjustintheblog.blogspot.com/
GB USB smart card
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »
There's something similar for the DS, R4 I believe it was called. My cousin had it and it was possible to do single-card multiplayer games with it. Only problem was it crashed often on startup.

How many games can the cart hold, that's my one question.

Chowdit1

• View Profile
GB USB smart card
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2013, 01:38:03 PM »
Picrodus
Jun 23 2013, 07:58:24 PM
I mean I really don't see any point in deleting this. It's already here and gives some information on a homebrew that I'm sure most of us didn't know about. Chowdit1, do you have a video of the homebrew on YouTube? I mean another unlisenced game, it may not be the best one from what Chowdit1 said, but isn't this place to spread discussion on both pirate and unlisenced games?[/quote]No, I don't a video on it, but they didn't homebrew games on the Bootleg Games Wiki.
Superjustinbros
Jun 23 2013, 10:06:42 PM
There's something similar for the DS, R4 I believe it was called. My cousin had it and it was possible to do single-card multiplayer games with it. Only problem was it crashed often on startup.

How many games can the cart hold, that's my one question.[/quote]I don't know, try to look up on Kitsch-Bent.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 01:38:59 PM by Chowdit1 »

Robyn

• View Profile
    • YouTube
GB USB smart card
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2013, 02:53:01 PM »
Not trying to act like somebody and get into shit for nothing, but I don't think this counts as unlicensed. :\ Sorry, man.