Author Topic: Pokemon Great Collections (Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He)?  (Read 4059 times)

KenjutheDenjuu

• View Profile
Pokemon Great Collections (Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He)?
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
Does anyone know about this particular bootleg of Telefang Speed version? According to Fuji.drillspirits it's called Pokemon Great Collections or Kou Dai Guai Shou Da Ji He. It's mentioned on your wikipedia on the Telefang bootleg page, but I can't find much information about it on the web even when searching using the Chinese name, and I wondered if anyone here knows about it or has a copy of the game and can tell any more about it.

It would be a great help for the Telefang forum, Tulunk Village, to know more about any possible bootlegs of the games, particularly this one, as it's so rare.

The only pictures we have as a reference are the ones on Fuji.drillspirits.

Back of box with Telefang screenshots.

Front of box.

Cart and manual.

This is the information on your wiki I was referring to:
Quote:

Another version titled 口袋妖怪大集合 exists that is the original Japanese verson of Telefang Speed, but all monsters in battle and on the map are replaced with Pokemon. Interestingly, the piraters also went to the trouble of replacing all monster names with the appropriate Japanese name of the Pokemon in its place. [/quote]

Thanks in advance!

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 04:38:50 PM »
I had it once. In fact I wrote that little thing on the wiki. It's about all the info there is to say about the game really :x I only played it for a little bit though, so I don't know for sure if really ever single monster graphic has been replaced with Pokemon ones or if that's just certain ones.

KenjutheDenjuu

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2012, 06:46:34 PM »
Sorry to hear you don't have it anymore. It seems to be a rare bootleg to come across in general. There's literally nothing about it online from what I can tell and the only way it was found was through the auction images on the website and your post on the wiki.

The forum would love to check out exactly what was changed in greater detail, since we're interested in the bootlegs as well as the main games. I'm only sorry that it's not possible because of how rare the bootleg is to get a hold of. I have heard that there are ROM's of the game available but I don't know where they're available or if they work on any of the emulators the members on the forum have at all.

Unless we have an actual copy, the screenshots on the back of the box are all we have to see what's been changed.

Do you know if the game text is in Chinese or English at all? I'm wondering if it's similar to the Pokemon Diamond and Jade bootlegs that were made. Thanks for replying!

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 07:04:18 PM »
It possibly wasn't clear what I meant, but as I put on the wiki it's based on the original JP version, so all the text is JP :)

KenjutheDenjuu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
Sorry if I misunderstood your post. It's interesting that it was kept in Japanese. It seems unusual to do that if it's intended to be sold in places like Taiwan or China. If it was edited from the original Telefang Speed version, it makes me wonder if they kept the original dialogue text from the real game and only edited the monster names and sprites themselves as you said.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 07:36:05 PM by KenjutheDenjuu »

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 08:31:36 PM »
Taiwan wasn't foreign to getting games originally in JP. Most games from the 8 to 16 days were imported from Japan. I know a lot of games did have Chinese guides made up for them so players get try to get through them, but I don't think the amount of games translated to Chinese was too high.

The pirates who made this game though must have been lazy. Though I wonder why they went through the efforts of changing all the monster's names to JP Pokemon names, if the majority of people probably didn't read JP anyway. I guess it was their way of trying to make the game look even more like it was real rather than a pirate hack :p

KenjutheDenjuu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2012, 09:03:22 PM »
It wouldn't be surprising if their intention was to pass it off as an original Japanese Pokemon game and they kept the Japanese text to make it seem more authentic. Telefang seems to be one of the bootleggers favourite choices to piggyback other more well known monster series on in their bootlegs.

I still wish there was more information about a ROM or something...I'm not really sure where to start looking for one since nothing turns up using the Chinese characters as a search term. It seems to bring up other Chinese Pokemon bootlegs instead because a lot of them share similar titles. Apparently, this game was also a mobile download as well. One of the forum members on Tulunk Village said they'd found a ROM but they couldn't remember the link or where they'd found it. They were the one that mentioned the information about this game on your wiki.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 09:09:57 PM by KenjutheDenjuu »

RVVD4029

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »
Kenjuthedenjuu I think the same taiwanese developer who made pocket monsters go go ii + pocket monsters go go + pocket monsters the pikachu nightmare + the kirby dream land ii hack made this hack.

FRVO304

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2015, 06:14:00 AM »
Oh and also this game is just a demo version of their other hack called digimon data.