Author Topic: Vast fame's fire bird cheat card (info)  (Read 1492 times)

Shenznanjing5x3lefami

• I like prayers of heavenly chinese dragon spirits.
    • View Profile
    • Mountain of fire church
Vast fame's fire bird cheat card (info)
« on: July 19, 2020, 04:03:38 AM »
Is there any info for this cartridge?. For example, does it have cheats for vast fame games or official games?.
Datakomainulionexcel3

Ankos

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: Vast fame's fire bird cheat card (info)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2020, 12:35:05 PM »
I have never seen a picture of the cartridge, but based on what I have seen from playing around with the ROM, the Fire Bird works very similar to a GB Sacker or the Magic Editor Card by Yobo. It has cheats for official games (I do not know if it has any for unlicensed ones) and uses what are called Golden Finger cheat codes. Also, if you emulate it, it will act as though it was plugged into itself

Edit: Just scrolled through the list of games it mentioned having cheats for. Shawu Story was on it, so it has cheats for at least one unlicensed game
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 12:39:38 PM by 瓜瓜龍 »

APM

• View Profile
Re: Vast fame's fire bird cheat card (info)
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 09:30:49 PM »
I know I'm four years late to the party but about a year ago I found a cheat device on Xianyu that happened to have the English name "Fire Bird" on it, which I suspected to be the elusive Vast Fame cheat card. As it would turn out, Ankos already bought the listing by the time I mentioned it on the BGC Discord. After it arrived they pretty much confirmed that it was at least connected to the Fire Bird ROM that's been dumped online, with its ROM header sharing the same name as the one in the common ROM ("VAST FAME 1.0"). Unfortunately Ankos couldn't get their unit to work and later discovered that the pins for the connector on the cartridge were bent. The ROM they dumped from the cartridge also didn't work on emulators when they tested it, which they suspected to be copy protection. Personally I still have more questions than answers about that cheat card after refreshing my memory of that whole experience, but hopefully one day more of this mystery can be put to rest.

From the last time I was able to freely search for stuff on Xianyu, the Fire Bird cheat cards aren't terribly rare but they definitely seem uncommon in mainland China at least. If I had to describe what it looked like, it looks similar to a Gameshark but it uses a translucent blue shell. I'll attach pictures of the cartridge that I downloaded from a Xianyu listing on this post.