Author Topic: Tiny Toon Adventures 3 + ROM  (Read 22268 times)

Barver

• View Profile
Tiny Toon Adventures 3 + ROM
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2011, 12:47:12 AM »
Ah, good to know we're on the same side old friend :P Sounded like you thought it wasn't an original too.

I've noticed some more things. I pointed out before how the back of the box shows mock-up shots of the game, but take a look at this shot:

Compare with this in-game and you'll notice that it shows more level graphics on the box up there than appears in the game:

There's a ceiling(which are the same graphics as the floor admittedly), but also some blocks holding the ceiling that aren't in game. You can also see smaller blocks which appear to be a platform off to the right. It looks like this was planned to be a regular stage at one point but just dropped. Looking in VRAM I can't tell exactly if there's any unused graphics here or not, maybe someone can help me out.

I chose the palette that's also for the background since that better resembles the what you see on the cover, to me anyway.  I'm still waiting for my friend to give me a scan of the cover so maybe things will be clearer then.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2011, 10:29:45 AM »
It definitely looks like there's an unused sprite for the smaller bricks attached to the ceiling. (Second row of sprites, around 1/3 of the way to the right.) It's noticeable because the big bricks are literally pixel-doubled, while the smaller brick isn't.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 01:52:41 AM »
More unused stuff keeps showing up :D

Thanks to andlabs yet again, we've now got a sound test for the game...

http://idisk.mac.com/pietro10-Public/tta3sndtest.bin    

...and it's full of unused music! BTW you have go back to 0, so fast forward your emu and hold left. Most of the unused stuff sounds like earlier versions of used tracks, but a couple who knows for sure.

Track 01 - Title screen, usually don't get to hear it in its entirety.
Track 02 - Level 3
Track 03 - Level 4
Track 04 - Level 1
Track 05 - unused, sounds like an early version of Level 2
Track 06 - unused
Track 07 - unused, another early level 2?
Track 08 - Level 2
Track 09 - Level 5
Track 0A - unused, early version of final level possible. The percussion again is like that of level 2, so could be yet another early level 2 track.
Track 0B - unused, variant of theme when you lose a life
Track 0C -  and another
Track 0D - and yet another
Track 0E - and here's the regular theme for when you lose a life
Track 0F - ..and a variant of that!

After that it's just sound effects, possibly even some unused stuff there but I'm not good at remembering all the sound effects to know if there's anything unused.

Anyway, pretty cool stuff.

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:10 AM »
Ending @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ_4KS_h_Uk

It was really easy to get :shock:

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 08:50:42 AM »
Well, I was gonna make VGM rips of the music but I'm just realizing some of these unused songs get horribly out of sync. I have no idea wtf is going on but it's kind of impossible to choose a proper loop point :x

Brn89

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 09:22:21 AM »
I played this just there and it's pretty strange to say the least. Is that purple bunny supposed to be Buster? If so, why is he purple? :huh: Although, I kept falling to my death when trying to jump onto the moving platform. How embarrassing, but I'm not sure if the programming is to blame for this because I don't want to be making the same mistake when I do a video of this.

Also, LOL at the ending SpaceNinja posted :lol:
>>mindsConnected<<
The next-generation tech forum.

Pepper-98

• View Profile
    • http://www.twitter.com/Pepper9801
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 10:10:31 AM »
BrydoRX
Aug 7 2011, 09:22:21 AM
I played this just there and it's pretty strange to say the least. Is that purple bunny supposed to be Buster? If so, why is he purple? :huh: Although, I kept falling to my death when trying to jump onto the moving platform. How embarrassing, but I'm not sure if the programming is to blame for this because I don't want to be making the same mistake when I do a video of this.

Also, LOL at the ending SpaceNinja posted :lol:[/quote]Yeah, it's supposed to be.  Then again, they made Chip look like a pimp in Squirrel King. :rolleyes:  The programming is kinda to blame with the jumping, because like in Hummer's DKC4, you sometimes keep moving forward even after letting go of the D-Pad.  It's not that bad, fortunately, but still kinda annoying.

And that ending brought me BOUNS of joy. :D

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »
Barver
Aug 7 2011, 08:50:42 AM
Well, I was gonna make VGM rips of the music but I'm just realizing some of these unused songs get horribly out of sync. I have no idea wtf is going on but it's kind of impossible to choose a proper loop point :x[/quote]I was even noticing a bit of this in some of the tunes that are used-- the melody and accompaniment lines slowly start to get out of sync.

This is... strangely common in games associated with the Gamtec team. (No doubt the same sound programmer...) The summer theme in Crazy Richman 2 does the same thing, as does the town theme in Digimon Ru[rb]y for GBA.
I wonder if the 'real' version of the game that doesn't have "GAMTEC" hacked out of its header actually has an ending? I didn't notice any credits buried in the character ROM or anything, so yeah, I doubt it...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:14:28 PM by codeman38 »

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 12:19:17 PM »
codeman38
Aug 7 2011, 12:12:57 PM
I wonder if the 'real' version of the game that doesn't have "GAMTEC" hacked out of its header actually has an ending? I didn't notice any credits buried in the character ROM or anything, so yeah, I doubt it...[/quote]That's assuming there's another version of this game. Like a couple of people pointed out earlier, I'm probably wrong on this being a copyright-hacked version. >_<

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 04:15:14 PM »
GODDAMNIT then, why did I even bother. :lol:

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 04:20:08 PM »
SpaceNinja
Aug 7 2011, 04:15:14 PM
GODDAMNIT then, why did I even bother. :lol:[/quote]Because you're mad enough to? Then again, that goes for several others including myself. ;D

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 09:09:51 PM »
codeman38
Aug 7 2011, 12:12:57 PM
Barver
Aug 7 2011, 08:50:42 AM
Well, I was gonna make VGM rips of the music but I'm just realizing some of these unused songs get horribly out of sync. I have no idea wtf is going on but it's kind of impossible to choose a proper loop point :x[/quote]I was even noticing a bit of this in some of the tunes that are used-- the melody and accompaniment lines slowly start to get out of sync.

This is... strangely common in games associated with the Gamtec team. (No doubt the same sound programmer...) The summer theme in Crazy Richman 2 does the same thing, as does the town theme in Digimon Ru[rb]y for GBA.
I wonder if the 'real' version of the game that doesn't have "GAMTEC" hacked out of its header actually has an ending? I didn't notice any credits buried in the character ROM or anything, so yeah, I doubt it...[/quote]I think I might have noticed that too, specifically the instrument in the very background of level 4. Doesn't really match the song at all. I never noticed it in Squirrel King like was pointed out though.

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 02:08:39 AM »
Barver
Aug 7 2011, 09:09:51 PM
I think I might have noticed that too, specifically the instrument in the very background of level 4. Doesn't really match the song at all. I never noticed it in Squirrel King like was pointed out though.[/quote]It even happens in level 1!

And yeah, I'd never noticed it in Squirrel King either. Though to be fair, that one uses a different sound driver.

Barver

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 02:24:08 AM »
Oops, my mistake, thought someone said it happens in Squirrel King but now I see no such post..

SpaceNinja

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 03:50:58 AM »
Cheetahmen
Aug 7 2011, 04:20:08 PM
SpaceNinja
Aug 7 2011, 04:15:14 PM
GODDAMNIT then, why did I even bother. :lol:[/quote]Because you're mad enough to?[/quote]Yesh! Yesh!  :clap: