Author Topic: Finds  (Read 129654 times)

Ninja-Kun

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2011, 06:44:02 PM »
I also got a "Play Stick", which is nothing more than the "successor" of the Game Stick we have at the wiki. This thing, which is distributed by the Argentinian distributor of the OneStation and those awful Wii clones, seems better elaborated than the Game Stick since the cable is much longer and the buttons seem of better quality. However, it has LESS games than the Game Stick, replacing Bomberman, Super Dinamix and Xiao Ma Li with Circus Charlie repeats and a strange hack of Mario Bros. called "Dora Bros". I found it interesting since it seems they took the Doraemon pic from the actual Doraemon games, the enemy have changed and when you pick a coin a Japanese text shows up. Don't know what it says though.

Oh, and Sky Destroyer is completely glitched. Bummer.

klax

• Banned
    • View Profile
    • http://nesdevelopment.blogspot.com/
Finds
« Reply #76 on: June 24, 2011, 05:38:18 PM »
I just picked up a Chintendo Vii!

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://fuji.drillspirits.net
Finds
« Reply #77 on: July 01, 2011, 09:59:42 AM »
just got 6 gameboy games from china, one of them is Rainbow Prince (which is awesome, but also dumped). the other five were completely mysterious to me, i was hoping to have scored at least one or two decent originals in that pile. so guess what they were.
three japanese games translated to chinese
one japanese game still in japanese
AND
a fucking YONG YONG game.
god damn it.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PirateGamingHeavy
Finds
« Reply #78 on: July 01, 2011, 10:04:49 AM »
Out of morbid curiosity, what's the Yong Yong game?

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #79 on: July 01, 2011, 10:16:18 AM »
its called something like "Digimon: Team Rocket Edition" (yes really) in Chinese, but its a Pokemon game. you play as a red looking Pikachu, i'll have to compare it to all the various videos out there but it uses the same engine as a bunch of their other games naturally.
and... its completely broken! when you touch an enemy it acts like you picked up an item. and when you get to the boss it just charges straight into you, you "pick it up" and then nothing happens. so it would appear this is yet another Yong Yong game where you can't complete the first damn level.

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #80 on: July 01, 2011, 10:19:13 AM »
taizou
Jul 1 2011, 10:16:18 AM
and... its completely broken! when you touch an enemy it acts like you picked up an item. and when you get to the boss it just charges straight into you, you "pick it up" and then nothing happens. so it would appear this is yet another Yong Yong game where you can't complete the first damn level.[/quote]:facepalm: Mind you, I think this emoticon sums up their games in general.

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Any pics of these games so we know what to avoid? :p I think I know that Team Rocket one, but don't recognize the rest. They're all games from that Xing Xing Electronics, right?

Here's what I got today

Speedy Dragon for A'can
Power Rangers Fighting Edition for Genesis
Wu Xia Qun Ying Zhuan for GBC

I've yet to play the Power Rangers one, I normally don't care about fighters but considering how unknown it is I thought it was worth getting it. The GBC game is confusing who made it, I'd guess Vast Fame since it has a small collage of games released in 2002 in the back of the manual, including Pokemon Ruby(that V Fame RPG), Digimon 3 and another VFame Digimon game who's name escapes me. But it also shows San Guo Zhi 2 or something(a Sintax game) and Dragon Ball Fighter, which I don't think were known to have connections to V Fame.

Also not shown cuz it was for someone else, I got a copy of Shui Hu Zhuan for MD and the side of the box says SKOB.  :unsure:  Maybe it's a reprint that SKOB distributed, I don't have any idea.

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2011, 08:21:45 PM »
three of them are Xing Xing yeah, the first two were just random ones I picked up because they were cheap and I was already getting Rainbow Prince from the same seller so the shipping wasnt any extra.

so from left to right, top to bottom, heres what they really are:
1. Some Konami mono RPG, translated to Chinese. I think it was fan translated in English as well but I dunno its real name.
2. Monster Race by Koei. still in Japanese
3. amazing label right? :rolleyes:  its a Xing Xing game anyway, "King of Fighters 2006" (the listings actually showed a box for both this and "Digimon" which I never got). its really a Chinese translation of KOF '97, the hack possibly by Vast Fame that combines 95 & 96
4. Rainbow Prince!
5. the Yong Yong game
6. Rockman X2 translated to Chinese. i was hoping for Zook Z really. D:

could you take some pics of the games in the back of the Wu Xia Qun Ying Zhuan manual? (& whats the game actually like? i've seen it on auction sites but i never paid much attention to it, for some reason)
oh and this was on the back of "Pocket Stadium"/Monster Race:

JY?
"Final Fantasy" has something like S?A on the back, the seal is broken though so i dunno what the middle letter was.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:53:02 PM by taizou »

KingPepe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2011, 08:55:10 PM »
taizou
Jul 1 2011, 08:21:45 PM
oh and this was on the back of "Pocket Stadium"/Monster Race:

JY?[/quote]...oh geez, don't tell me that's the JY I'm thinking of as well.

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2011, 09:13:10 PM »
Here's the best shot I could get of the manual.

Pokemon Ruby is called 寵物小精靈  結晶塔之王. There's also that one infamous DOS game that was ported to GBC there. Better pic of the cart and box here::
http://park21.wakwak.com/~suka/sega/consumer/senken/senken.html

This game I got is probably a port of another DOS game, yet to try it out to see what it's like. Screenshots appear to be a strategy RPG though, not isometric like the other one.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 09:16:07 PM by Barver »

codeman38

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2011, 10:31:40 PM »
Barver
Jul 1 2011, 09:13:10 PM
There's also that one infamous DOS game that was ported to GBC there. Better pic of the cart and box here::
http://park21.wakwak.com/~suka/sega/consumer/senken/senken.html

This game I got is probably a port of another DOS game, yet to try it out to see what it's like. Screenshots appear to be a strategy RPG though, not isometric like the other one.[/quote]Ah, yes. Legend of Sword & Fairy, whose dumped version has been retitled (in Chinese as well!) as "Heroic Sword". Apparently that port was done by Hitek, judging from a hidden logo in the character ROM, but ridiculously little is known about that company other than that they also made "Terrifying 9/11".

Edit: And that they also used the font from PC Paint in some of their other games. Of course they did.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 10:32:55 PM by codeman38 »

MLX

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #86 on: July 07, 2011, 05:10:33 AM »
Master Fighter VI' (chinese label)
Jing Ke Xin Zhuan (PAL B PUSH B version)
JY-014 x3 (1995, 1997 v1, 1997 v2)
JY-888 4 in 1
Feng Shen Bang (rerelease, sound is broken)
SAMURI
with a free cart: 76in1
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 05:11:28 AM by MLX »

Barver

• View Profile
Finds
« Reply #87 on: July 07, 2011, 09:29:11 PM »
Tested out Wu Xia Qun Ying Zhuan and it credits Hitek at the beginning. Pretty boring game, every single town or whatever on the map seems to have the same music. Wouldn't doubt the game has a total of like three or four tracks at most :x

Awesome Panda

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #88 on: July 08, 2011, 02:38:10 PM »
Spoiler: click to toggle

76-in-1
21-in-1

Nothing special, just a couple of random multis I got earlier today. (The latter of which I got for free ^_^ )

Haven't tested the 76-in-1 yet, but here's the list of games on the 21-in-1:

1. Soccer
2. Super Mario Bros.
3. Tennis
4. Star Force (Which is stupid, given that it says "Marcross" on the label)
5. Tank A 1990
6. Xiao Ma Li

Now that I've bothered trying the 76-in-1, here are the games on it:

1.  Super Pocket Monster (Pocket Monster hack. Worth pointing out that in this version, the collision detection is completely broken, causing Pikachu to fall through the ground as soon as the level starts. This, combined with the removal of the debug mode, makes it completely unplayable.)
2.  Kid Dracula (or whatever the Japanese title is. For some odd reason, the menu just calls it Castlevania even though it isn't)
3.  Chip 'n Dale 2
4.  Galaxian (Sped up shots hack)
5.  Pooyan
6.  Track & Field
7.  Ikki
8.  Choujikuu Yousai Macross
9.  Raid on Bungeling Bay
10. Brush Roller

There's some weirdly named games afterwards, but they're all repeats.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 04:12:04 PM by Awesome Panda »

taizou

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Finds
« Reply #89 on: July 08, 2011, 04:20:56 PM »
OMG in 1! thats not a bad multi even with Pocket Monster broken and all the repeats. Kid Dracula is awesome.